We have two major problems plaguing qsat decoders. One is hardware (difficult or almost impossible to fix) problem which can occur anytime especially when you finish upgrading your qsat decoder successfully. To learn more about this hardware problem of qsat and how to prevent it, please read my article here. The second problem happens as a result of bad software upgrade of a qsat or speed hd decoder. It mostly occurs in when there is a power failure during the software upgrade process which always results in a “BLUESCREEN OF DEATH” with an inscription “DOWNLOAD FROM TS”. In this post, i will teach you how to fix qsat download From TS(applicable to speed hd, cobox and nusky).
Especially relevant: How to Troubleshoot any Hardware Problems With any Satellite Decoder/Receiver
I already wrote an article here on how to recover your qsat q11g, q16g, q13g, q11g+, q13g+ and q15g from download from ts problem. However, when qsat q23g, speed HD, and newer decoders were released, the above methods used in reviving older versions of qsat was failed to work for qsat q23g, speed HD and newer models. Hence the reason for putting up this post which is about recovering your qsat q23g or your speed HD s1 or s2 from Download from ts software problem.
How to Fix Qsat Download From TS-Which Occurred as a Result of bad Software Upgrade
Once there is power outage while you are upgrading your qsat or speed decoder, there is bound to be soft brick known as “download from ts on your decoder. To fix this, you need the followings:
- Stable electricity (since the problem was initially caused due to unstable electricity, please this time around use stable electricity so as to prevent a worse situation)
- Download this software for qsat q23g you can as well use any other qsat q23g software at your disposal.
- Download this software for speed HD s1
- Get a clean compatible empty USB flash drive. Please don’t use an external hard disk. Also, don’t use your phone as the storage device and don’t use a card reader.
Important Notice: If you are using the software above, you don’t need to extract them because i already extracted them. the default extension of the files is *********.bin e.g Speed HD S1_V6.06.83_2014052309.bin (Note: If you are not seeing the .bin in your own case, it means you are using a windows computer with hidden file extensions. please set your computer to show file extensions.
Steps to fix qsat download From TS
- First off, you will have to rename the software from whatever is the default name to “rom” remember for older versions of qsat, we had to rename to “rom.bin” if you rename to rom.bin for qsat q23g, speed hd, q26g, or newer models, your qsat or speed won’t detect the software. so, for example, rename Speed HD S1_V6.06.83_2014052309.bin to rom in other words, you will have to completely delete the file extension(.bin) and also change the name of the file to rom.
- Copy the renamed software into your flash drive,
- Completely power off your qsat q23g decoder
- Now, insert your flash drive to the usb port on your qsat or speed decoder
- power on your qsat or speed HD
- Now wait until the “rom” performs its magic and bring your decoder back to life