This article is long over due, am sorry for the delay.However, it is better late than ever i was so busy in school today(don’t forget am still a student. As it is my custom, i don’t view things the way others view it, and i believe what is worth doing at all is worth doing well. I will confine my self to three basic tricks on qsat of which i will make you a fisherman and not a eater of Fish. It is no more news that there is no way mistake will not happen during the process of upgrading a decoder.. Even if you are using a generator, the light may blink, the fuel may finish, your wall socket may shake e.t.c. Alternatively, if you are using normal electricity, there maybe power outage or your transformer may blow up while you are upgrading your decoder. In here, am providing you with three things:
1. How to back up the whole default firmware of your particular decoder(this is very important if you want to test a new software) and how to backup your data base(this is important in case you factory reset your decoder, once you restore the DB, all your channels, customizations and settings will be restored.
2. How to re-awake / restore a qsat that enter a boot loop / blue screen of death etc..(
3. the eaiest way to re-activate your avatarcam code.
Must Read: Download Latest v5 Upgrade Firmware for Qsat
HOW CAN I BACKUP MY ORIGINAL QSAT FIRMWARE??
Without wasting time, lets get started(i will even advice every user to have a backup of there firmware in case of future software uograde / upgrade reversal)
- insert a virus free usb pen-drive / storage device (this can be an extanal HDD or a USB flash drive)
- On your remote navigate to Menu>>Upgrade>>USB/Card Upgrade>>press ok twice( this will open your usb device)>>
- Now press the favorite button on your remote as indicated in the picture above(the FAV button enables you to download the whole flash file which is about 8.04mb) Or press the blue button on your remote if what you want to back up is simply your DB(Database).
- You are done, your firmware will be stored as flashfile.bin(8.0mb, while your Database will be DB.bin(77kb).
- You now have the backup off your decoder’s firmware.
HOW TO REVIVE A QSAT THAT GOT DAMAGED WHILE UPGRADING
Within this context, the damage am talking about is when there is disruption of the upgrading processes of qsat due to power failure. My trick is universally applicable and easy to use. you don’t need a special software. this is the trick; (Note: You should use the flashfile.bin that was backup from a working qsat decoder, you need a v5 software as v5 may not do the magic appropriately. The reason is that, the flashfile will restore the qsat back to original v3 firmware, and you will have to manually upgrade to V5)
- Backup the firmware of a working qsat decoder using my method above or download the generic one prepared by me rom
- After downloading, extract the .rar archive so that you can get the real file inside which is .bin. E.g for q15g, you will get the following after extraction Q15G _V5.11.23_20131224.bin. Before you copy this to your flash drive, rename the whole file to rom.bin, in other words rename Q15G _V5.11.23_20131224.bin to rom.bin
- You can now copy this to your empty usb storage device
- Power your qsat of with the power switch at the back of your decoder or buy removing the power cord,
- insert your USB flash drive to the front usb port>>Switch on your qsat and qsat will Auto detect your custom firmware and qsat will make use of your custom firmware to repair itself.
- After all is done, your qsat will reboot. Congrats your qsat is back to life.
PERMANENT SOLUTION TO QSAT NOT GETTING AVATARCAM CODE
Like i said earlier, the default connection of qsat and most other internet decoders is “Lan internet otherwise known as wired network” if you are finding it difficult activating your avatarcam code or viewing your expiry date, please make sure you use a 3g /wifi router to activate your decoder after upgrade.Similarly, you can as well use any sim card with a 3g modem. You may find it difficult performing the first time account activation with your direct sim unless maybe you want to try it like 12:00am. The bottom line is that, the stronger your network, the faster the action activation process