I am defiant when it comes to gadgets. Come what may, I will always strive to get the best value for my investment. I have owned a PlayStation game console right from the release of the PS1. The topic we will discuss today is how you can open and use a PlayStation Network account abroad.
Sony will sell to every country worldwide, although not every country can open and run a PlayStation network account. We have fewer countries that Sony supports concerning PSN account registration and management. Thank God we have multiple ways of becoming a PlayStation Plus member.
Firstly, I want to inform you that if you never really want to get bored with your PlayStation console, you need an account. And you need an account from the right country. Ps owners in the UK, US, and China, Japan are enjoying more PlayStation benefits than other countries supported by Sony regarding the PSN account. This article will
Prerequisites for Opening a US, UK, China, or Japan PlayStation network account abroad.
You need to understand the language of the country which you want to use. For example, I do not expect a Nigerian or Ghanian to use Japan or China(except you have been there before)
- You also need a stable internet connection.
- Most importantly, you need a postcode(for the UK) or a zipcode for the US. Do not worry, I will give you one you can use here for the US. Moreover, I will provide a link where you can generate a free UK postcode.
- Your email must be valid and Unique
- Research a Username.
Steps to Open and Use PlayStation Network Account Abroad
To begin with, how to open a PlayStation Network account abroad, I will want you to fully read this so that you can know if your country is officially supported. I already confirmed Nigeria is not on the list. South Africa represents the whole of Africa. Having a US account has an unrivaled advantage over others. You can get additional services you won’t even get in the UK. For example, PlayStation VUE. Another advantage of being a PSN user if you can get a live update for all teams. This means players’ OPR or teams can be altered by the live update.
- Open your PlayStation game console and click on the new user icon.
- We are now in the most critical stage. Here you must decide what country you want to go with. In my case, I choose the USA, as shown below. If you are choosing the US, get a valid us zip code from any source. If you are too lazy to do this, use the one I used in my image below. You can get some free postcodes online from the yellow pages for China. Use the same trick for Japan. Finally, if you would rather use the UK, please generate a free postcode here.
- Immediately you pass the country postcode / Zipcode hurdle; every other process thereafter is a walkover.
- Next, you must create a unique username for your online public profile. You will receive some other negligible info before this. Just select “NEXT” without altering anything.
- Once your profile has been created, you will be welcome to the community. However, you need to verify your email. Do this by opening your email and verifying it. Do not worry; I did not use a VPN for all this.
Congratulations!! You are now part of the PlayStation network community. You have put yourself in a position to enjoy excellent features and services, including the prestigious PlayStation Plus membership. In case you do not know, you cannot be a PS Plus member without first being a PSN member. Unfortunately, this trick or traveling to the supported countries is the only way to become a PSN member.
My next article will address becoming a PlayStation Plus member from unsupported countries. Watch out for that.