This post was most recently updated on April 8th, 2019
I am defiant when it comes to gadgets. Come what may, I will always strive to get the best value for my investment. I have been owning a PlayStation game console right from the release of PS1. Now we have the ps4 as the standard and the PlayStation pro as the newest. How you can open a PlayStation network account abroad is the topic we will be discussing today
Sony will sell to every country of the world, although not every country is eligible to open and run a PlayStation network account. We have fewer countries that Sony supports concerning PSN account registration and management. Thank God, we have more than one way of becoming a PlayStation Plus member.
Firstly, I want to bring it to your notice that if you never really want to get bored with your PlayStation console, you need an account. And you need an account from the right country. Ps owners in the UK, US and China, Japan are enjoying more PlayStation benefits than other countries supported by Sony as far as PSN account is concerned. This article will
Opening a US, UK, CHina or Japan PlayStation network account abroad-requirements and prerequisites
- You need to understand the language of the country which you want to use. For example, i do not expect a Nigerian or Ghanian to use Japan or China(except you have been there before)
- You also need a stable internet connection
- Moreso, so and most importantly, you need a postcode(for UK) or a zip code for the US. Do not worry, I will give you one that you can use here for the US. Moreover, i will provide a link where you can generate free UK postcode.
- Your email must be valid and Unique
- Research a Username.
Steps to opening a PlayStation network account abroad
To begin with, how to open a PlayStation network account abroad, I will want you to fully read this so that you can know if your country is officially supported or not. I already confirmed Nigeria is not on the list. The whole of Africa is represented by South Africa. Having a US account has an unrivalled advantage over others. You can get some additional services that you won’t even get in the UK. For example PlayStation VUE. Another advantage of being a PSN user if that you can get a live update for all teams. This means players OPR or teams can be altered by the live update.
- Open your PS3 or PS4 game console and click on the new user icon
- We are now in the most critical stage. Here you must decide what country you want to go with. In my case, I choose the USA as shown below. If you are choosing the US, just get a valid us zip code from any source. If you are too lazy to do this, use the one I used in my image below. For China, you can get some free postcode online from yellow pages. Use the same trick for Japan. FInally, if you will rather use the UK, please generate a free postcode here
- Immediately you pass the country postcode / Zip code hurdle, every other process thereafter is a walkover.
- Next, you need to create your unique username for your online public profile. You will receive some other negligible info prior to this. Just select “NEXT” without altering anything.
- Once your profile has been created, you will be welcome to the community. However, you need to verify your email. Do this by opening your email and verifying it. Do not worry, I did not use a VPN for all of this.
Congratulations!! you are now part of the PlayStation network community. You have put yourself in a position to enjoy awesome features and services including the prestigious PlayStation plus membership. In case you do not know, you cannot be a PS plus member without first being a PSN member. Unfortunately, the only way to become a PSN member is either through this trick or by travelling to the supported countries.
My next article will address how you can become a PlayStation plus member from unsupported countries. Watch out for that.