Curiosity they say kills the cat. That is not for me, curiosity leads Lemmy Morgan into outstanding discovery. I gave this wonderful product by Huawei as a result of frustration. On that fateful day, I wanted to test some IPTV channels on a particular box, I only have wire connection handy. I used to have all the four protocols supported by a decoder namely: wifi + wifi adapter, Lan via a supported Lan router, Gsm via the sim slot on the decoder and 3g via a compatible USB modem. Before I proceed with this wonderful Huawei USB modem plus MiFi combo, let me conclude what led me to it.
Unfortunately, on that day, my four years old wifi adapter got spoilt during use. As if that was not enough, I discovered that the only router that I own and that has a LAN port was missing. Of course, GSM doesn’t work with IPTV. And I am yet to replace my damaged USB modem. In other words, I could not test the decoder until the following day when I had ordered for a replacement WiFi adapter that would enable me to connect to the decoder via WiFi.
As an internet resource person who is into tech-blogging, I realised how vulnerable I had made myself with my over-reliance on WiFi only. With the kind of job I do, wifi only can never suffice. I needed all my backup plans back. I immediately call for my mobile power 3g router + LAN combo. Now I needed to solve the problem of USB modem. I almost went to buy one from MTN Nigeria before my curiosity took the better part of me. I asked myself this question, “Can’t I get an internet 4g USB modem plus wifi router combo?.
3g USB modem is the order of the day. what about a 4g USB modem with a MiFi feature?. My discovery is what led me to this article. Adjust your seat as I take you through the jolly ride of my Huawei E8372h-608 4G LTE + Wifi hotspot USB modem.
Huawei USB modem plus MiFi combo Description and technical specifications
No single let down with this device because I was well prepared before going for it. I will start by highlighting its overwhelming advantages over similar devices. I will also briefly discuss its two “Cons”.
Huawei E8372h-608 4G LTE + Wifi USB modem-the Pros
- Super light which calls for high mobility rate
- Fully compatible with windows and mac
- Cheaper than some other products performing the same functions in another way.
- Supports multiple languages
- Ability to use it as a 4g USB modem only, Wifi router only or both.
- Sturdy and compact build
- If you have any electronic device that can use a USB as its internet protocol, you can use this as a plug and play. This worked on every decoder that I tested it on.
- Extremely, low-energy saving and consumption. If you use this all day, it rarely gets hot. It also has protection against USB short.
- Also, you can plug it into your USB car charging adapter(it came with one), You can use your mobile phone charger, your pc USB, your power bank, your PlayStation USB power. It uses any USB port that generates power.
- Supports all network modes: 2G, 3g, 3G+ and 4g LTE
- The unit I bought is factory unlocked meaning it can be used anywhere worldwide and it works with any Sim card
- It has the easiest user interface you can think about. Great features for newbies and geeks alike
- Supports all the 4G network bands available in Nigeria including stubborn Glo 4g band 28. You can view all the list of 4g network bands in Nigeria here
- It has a hefty list of security features including firewall switch, IP filtering and so on.
- I can say it has other great features that I might have forgotten to add
Huawei USB modem plus MiFi combo – The Cons
- However, no Lan port like some high-end dedicated routers e.g tp-link. Well, this is a mobile broadband, not an industrial WiFi router. Secondly, LAN ports for personal users is obsolete. Lastly, you can still use it in LAN mode if you have a computer with lan port. simply connect this to your pc and connect your pc to the target device via a LAN cable.
- It doesn’t have its own battery. Am afraid, I prefer this to the one that limits me with some pathetic battery. The ones with batteries are for emergency use. IF you let it stay connected all day you run the risk of damaging the battery fast. Normally, you don’t charge and use a modem if you want the battery to last long. I use this as a modem without wifi, I can use it with wifi and can also use both the wifi and the USB mode simultaneously.
- In addition to 2 above, this consumes very little power. My power bank which usually lasts just 1.15 hours while using it to charge my android phone, last 16 hours when using it to power this modem.
We are just getting started, please don’t go anywhere. open the next page>>