It is not farfetched to run into connection problems with your IKS account every once in a while. By iks, I mean “internet keys sharing” that enables you to watch encrypted channels. Currently, the most popular IKS account happens to be a Cccam. Today, I shall be doing justice to what you need to do in order to fix cccam connection errors on your own. In addition, this guide will be useful for non-cccam iks accounts as well
Pre-requisites for Fixing IKS Account Connectivity Problems
- Before you complain of your cccam not connecting, you must first have a stable internet like 3g, 4g or 2g. First, verify the stability of your internet. You can either do this from within the decoder’s pinging option or online. For only resources, visit here, here, or here. Alternatively, simply check if your internet connection can open a webpage with images clean and fast. Mind you, if your internet is bad, no trick will make your cccam account work until you get good internet.
- Secondly, you must make sure you have entered the cccam account details correctly(passwords are case sensitive).
- You must understand the connection message of your decoder. E,g azsky g6 will say Login Status Ok / Login status error”, Qsat and speed HD will say “Connected / Disconnected”, Strong decoders will display “connected/disconnected” t-link decoders will display Servers 1: connected / servers 0: connected”. Tigerstar decoders will say “connected/unconnected”. All the above-listed messages represent both success and error messages.
- Finally, and equally important, buy your cccam from a trusted source. This is because there is little you can do if you bought a re-shared account. You should always remember that it is only one cccam for one decoder. Don’t allow any dubious fellow steal your cccam account details.
More on Lemmy Morgan:
- How to select Wi-Fi adapters and USB modems compatible with decoders
- IPTV and Cardsharing tech: Learn the basic How-to
- A-Z Tutorials On How To Connect Your Decoder / Dongle To Internet
- How to Effectively Troubleshoot Signal Loss on Your Tracking Devices During Satellite Dish Installation
How to fix cccam connection Errors and Interpret all Connection Error Messages
The first step to fixing iks account errors is for you to first know how to interpret the error messages. Once you are able to successfully interpret the error messages, you will be able to fix cccam connection errors.
Within the context of this post, our focus shall be on cccam/Mgcamd. Furthermore, I shall be using qsat decoder as my case study although the method for qsat is applicable to all cccam-compliant satellite receivers. as our case study.
Location of Cccam Menus on Popular Decoders
– on qsat, the cccam menu can be found in the following path menu>>setting>>xcam setup>>sharing
– azsky g6/hellobox menu>>others>> network>>server setup
-t-link decoders, goto the path menu>>Expansion>>server
-For tigerstar decoder: goto >> menu>> others>> patch menu>> server settings.
– on strong decoders, press 8281 the cccam protocol will pop-up. or read this article.
Check to ensure that you have manually connected the Cccam Server
When your cccam status shows “Disconnected”. check if you have turned the active button on. For example, some decoders require you to press a button on your remote to activate your cam. Qsat requires you to toggle the active button to turn on/off your account.
- Secondly, make sure your server protocol is in “CCCAM” and not Mcamd or MgCamd. This is very essential. choose the appropriate server protocol.
Double-check that your Internet connection is still Active
If your Cccam Activation icon is on, but your account status reads “disconnected ” as shown above, several reasons can be attributed to this.
1. Check that you are not using an expired account. if you have an account that has elapsed, you won’t get connected.
2. Make sure you aren’t using a test account. Test cccam accounts are usually more unstable than real accounts.
3. if your internet has gone bad or fluctuates intermittently, you won’t get connected.
4. Furthermore, if you are using an internet connection that is not compatible with a particular network, your account won’t connect. To fix this, you need to switch to another internet service provider. Luckily, we hardly have cccam that are selective of certain internet service providers nowadays,
5. If you enter your cccam account details incorrectly, you will get the disconnected status(the solution is for you to enter everything carefully by first deleting all the characters you find under user, server, password and enter your own details carefully. You should also know that the password is case-sensitive and you must make sure you type the password in lower case).
6. Ensure you have the latest updated software on your decoder. Alternatively, you may do a full factory reset of your decoder and start all over.
7. Another problem could be the fact that you have been permanently banned. Have you been using one account on multiple decoders simultaneously? Sadly, there may be no solution for a permanent ban.
8. Also, make sure you have a mobile data bundle/plan on your internet modem. I won’t advise you to use your airtime as data. Please load a data bundle as it is more reliable and it saves more money.
9. Make sure you are also using the port number assigned to your account. I mean don’t change the port number that was given to you at the time of purchase.
fix cccam connection errors by checking if the Cccam server is having an issue Generally
ask your seller if there is a general server problem. Its is not a good move to buy any cccam account when there is a downtime. The reason is that you cannot tell, the service may never be restored and your payment will be gone.
When your Account is Connected but the Channels Refuse to Open
If your cccam account status is “On” and your status “connected” yet your channels are not opening: If this happens when you newly install your cccam account, it is most definitely as a result of general downtime. You just have to switch off your cccam account and check back later.
However, this error may also be as a result of the original content owners taking that the cccam server. You must know that in the majority of the cases, cardsharing is related to broadcast piracy.
Fixes for a Cccam Account that is Auto-disconnecting
Your Cccam account is Disconnecting and Connecting” randomly: This problem is majorly due to either general cccam server instability, an account that has been re-shared or an ultra unstable internet connection. The solution is for you to first confirm if your type of cccam account is freezing generally, or not. If it is freezing generally, it is better you switch off cccam altogether to avoid soft ban and wait until the server becomes, stable. However if your internet connection is the culprit, you need to change your sim card.
Make sure you switch off your Preloaded IKS account before using a Cccam account
At times, there could be a conflict of operation between the decoder’s builtin account(e.g forever for tigerstar, tcam for cobox and nustky, gshare for tlink, scam for gsky) and the cccam account you plan to use. In such a case, switch on-off for the other where possible.
MISCELLANEOUS ISSUES AND ADVICE
If for example, you have been using your account smoothly and all of a sudden it stopped working(e.g your 90 days account stopped after 85 days it is most definitely that your account has expired.
However, When your cccam account which has been working smoothly suddenly stopped working and it has not expired, please first confirm from other people using the same account if theirs is still working before complaining to your seller. The picture below shows qsat builtin account(avatar cam) that is fully connected and opening channels and a cccam account that is connected and working. in your own interest(especially for those having an unstable network),. the pictures show that I switched on both. I can of both, or switch one-off and on the other.