In my post here, i gave tutorial on how to upgrade azsky G6 software. In that tutorial, i tagged the software beta because apart from so many bugs that was fixed as well as some improved features, that software wans’t capable of working with any 3g usb modem in Nigeria at least. I tried all i could to to make the software recognized my 3g modem, but all my efforts went unrewarded. However azsky team released another software for the g6 which is near perfection. I personally rate this latest software 98%. This is because i was able to easily and successfully connect a 3g usb modem on it. In this tutorials i shall be given you an hint on the features of this software as well as how you can setup the 3g features and activate a cccam / mgcam on it.
There is one joy in using G6 compared to qsat, g6 has a standard and friendly user interface that is similar to tat of strong decoders and even better than Strong’s with more features. Anything azsky promises to do or address, they will do.
PRE-REQUISITE TO LOADING THIS LATEST SOFTWARE
- You need a stable power source(it is highly recommended you use a generator)
- You need a virus free pendrive / usb flash drive or usb storage device(Please don’t use the usb storage mode of your phone and don’t use a usb card reader)
- Download and install winrar to your system (you must extract the software with winrar after downloading)
- Download the software here: Azsky G6 Software Nov_SU__TESTP11_YCBCR_20140228.
HOW TO UPGRADE AZSKY G6 VIA USB STORAGE DEVICE:
Upgrading G6 with software is pretty easy, all you need to do is just to read my guide from the article below:
FEATURES OF THIS LATEST RELEASE OF AZSKY G6 SOFTWARE:
How to connect the 3g modem to G6:
- First thing you must know is that, you must use only huawei modem on this release for it to work. Secondly, you must also bear in mind that the 3g connection protocol will power every other thing that has to do with internet access on your G6 other than the scrambled dstv / nilesat channels. In other words, you must directly insert your sim card into the back of your decoder if you want to watch dst* encrypted channels. I think they will release the support for 3g descrambling as soon as possible.
- Now from settings on your remote goto network Settings>>Change the network interface from wired internet to >>3G Network>>Use Auto but you can manually edit things though>>then press the corresponding button on your remote to connect i think it is red. the action buttons are listed at the bottom of the network setting window. Once it is connected, the network status will change to connected.
How to enable a cccam / newcamd / mgcam account on Azsky G6:
This software supports even more popular account protocols, it now has an option for both cccam users and mgcam users;
From your remote goto Others>>server setup>> then change the protocol to your desired one based the account you have at hand the picture above shows i was using a mgcamd account. You can always switch the protocol type with the navigation button of your remote, change the account protocol, enter your account details which is always in the following formats: server address – port – username – password.
How to manually For G6 to use a particular Gprs Network setting:
The diagram below says it all
How to access the Rss feeds on G6:
One innovation azsky brough into the latest release of their software is that, it comes with RSS News Feeds. unlike iptv and internet tv like youtube, these rss comes without videos, they are basically news feeds written in text. Some of them include google, apple, cnn, bbc, cbc etc… You can easily read the news live and use up little of your data bundle;
I still tag this a beta software because am having my own personal selfish interest. I mean i want azsky team to add support for the 3g modem to support all popuat 3g brands e.g zte and huawei. It already supports all huawei 3g modems, but it is not fully supporting Zte. Secondly i need more iptv but i think azsky have a better plan on that. Finally i want the next g6 software to be able to open ds*v scrambled channels with 3g modem for convenience sake.