This post was last updated on May 3rd, 2020 at 07:50 am
In this post, you will learn how you can hard reset Nokia N9 and restore it to factory default without the aid of a computer. This feat is easily achievable via a button combination on the device. let’s find out how you can easily hard format/reset your Nokia N9 by completing the following steps:
How to Hard Reset Nokia N9, and how to Restore the Original Settings.
If your phone stops responding Restart your phone. Press and hold the power key for at least 8 seconds. To switch your phone on again, press and hold the power key.
No content, such as contacts or messages, is deleted this also works well with Nokia N8.
Method 1: How to Restore Original Settings on Nokia N9
If your phone is not working properly, you can reset some settings to their original values as follows:
- First End all active calls and connections.
- Next, Select Settings icon and Reset > Restore settings. If prompted, enter the security code.
After restoring the original settings, the phone switches off, and then on again. This may take longer than usual. Restoring original settings does not affect personal data stored on your phone, such as Contacts Calendar entries Documents, music, messages, or notes Internet bookmarks Accounts, security codes, or passwords
How to Recycle Nokia N9 before you Sell or dispose of it
It is recommended that you prepare your phone for recycling If you buy a new phone, or otherwise want to dispose of your phone, Nokia recommends that you recycle your phone.
- First off, remove all personal information and content from your phone.
- Remove all content and restore settings to the default values.
- Back up the content, you want to keep to a compatible computer.
- Also, make sure you end all active connections and calls.
- Now, Select the Settings icon and Reset >>Clear device.
- Your phone will switch off and then on again. Check carefully that all your personal content, such as contacts, pictures, music, videos, notes, messages, emails, presentations, games, and other installed applications have been removed.
- Noteworthy, content, and information stored on the SIM card is not removed. Remember to remove your SIM card from the phone.
Option B How to format your Nokia N9 When Soft Reset Fails
To hard reset your Nokia N9 device dial “* + 3 + call + Power on”. Before the device is reset, you need to provide the lock code. The default lock code is 12345.
If the above is not working you can format your device by typing *#7370# in standby mode or you can dial *#7780# to do a soft reset on your N9. Before the device is reset, you need to provide the lock code. The default lock code is 12345.
Some Nokia phone can be reset via this menu option Press menu button or enter Menu > Settings > Phone > Phone management > Factory settings > Delete data and restore > YES IMPORTANT! Formatting the device will permanently erase all user data and settings as well as add-on applications and operator specific settings.