This post was most recently updated on November 9th, 2017
Tracking Tstv channels easily – the guide
- Assemble your dish and set up your decoder or sat finder.
- You need to use merrybet TP to track The tracking TP for merrybet is “11.168 or 11.167 H 30.000”. I will give you a hint. TSTV is very close to MBC 7w. If you are new to installation, you can read my article here on how to track canalsat 22w. Also, you can use a compass to determine whether you are facing the east or west. DStv is on the east meaning your tstv Africa dish must face the opposite of tstv, Startimes, Mytv or any other satellite in the east.
- Select just any satellite name and enter the above TP manually. The satellite name and degree doesn’t really matter when you are tracking. What matters more is the Frequency, symbol rates and the polarization.
- Skew your LNBf to like 4 or 5 ‘0’clock when facing the dish as shown below
- Keep toggling/ adjusting your dish until you hit green. Make sure your signal strenght is equals to or higher than 67% on 11168 h 30000.
- Immediately you hit that percentage, change the TP to 11088 h 3000. On this tp you should get a signa that is plus or minus 60%. If this is not the case, please track the satellite some more.
- Finally, change the frequency to 11052 to ensure it also has a good signal.
- In my case, i have 72% on 11168, 62 \% on 11088 and 62% on 11052. All thse happnes within a liitke less thna 20 minutes.
Tips on decoder set up
Goto the Menu of your decoder then select installation. Enter 0000 as the password. look for any satellite name with 3w it doesn’t have to be named ABS. On Qsat, you can use Amos 2/3/4 4w. other have it as SES 6. Just choose any satellite that equals to or close to 3W and blind scan.
Videos showing how we switched into the various tracking frequencies