I have posted something similar to this in the past. However, there is a need to replace some old links and update the article, sometimes, you can run into a software problem with your strong receiver. This can stem out of various causes like; power interruption during upgrade, loading a fake software into a genuine decoder, loading a wrong software into your strong decoder, inserting a virus-infected usb storage device, or uploading a corrupt software into your decoder.
In this article, I shall be discussing two methods of reviving your dead genuine strong receivers. These are:
- PC via rs232 cable method
- Decoder to decoder data transfer method
HOW TO REVIVE USING A COMPUTER
For you to do this via a computer, you need the followings:
- serial to serial rs232 cable
- If you have a laptop that has no serial port, then you need to use a USB to serial data cable
- Download the latest STB TOOLS compatible with your decoder here
- Download the original software from strong’s official website here
Now the process
1. power on your decoder
2. connect the rs232 cable from your pc to your decoder
3. open the STB-TOOLs you installed
4. select auto detect to detect the com port for your decoder, note: your decoder must be on for it to detect it
5. Locate the path of downloaded .stb software by clicking on browse and select. note: it must be in .stb format
6. thereafter, you should click on connect button on the tool and wait for it to transfer.
That does it, your decoder will be back to life all other things being equal.
AND FOR DECODER TO DECODER SOFTWARE UPGRADE /REVIVAL
This is a full proof no mistake process as long as you follow instructions.
- You need a rs232 serial cable
- You need a working strong decoder of the exact model. Meaning if a strong 4922a is dead, you need a strong 4922a to wake not a 4920 even though their software is very similar.
1. Get a rs-232CABLE
2. Get another working decoder of that same type
3.connect the two decoder via rs232 and remember to switch off the fried one
4. Switch on the good one.
5.Go to – system setting
6.Select data transfer
7. Choose firmware and press ok. Wait till it finish loading.. please read more here