This post was most recently updated on January 15th, 2018
This idea is brought about with the help of a couple of notable installers. The pictures that I will be using in this post is courtesy of Yenum and from lyngsat.com. I am putting this together to help mainly upcoming installers or existing one who might not know that this is indeed possible. This post will be all about how to track sony & MTN Worldwide on one dish. I will make it be as short as possible and as comprehensible as you can imagine. IF you are new to sony or mtn worldwide, you may need to first read this article to learn what MTN worldwide entail and this for Sony.
sony & MTN Worldwide – Individual tracking tips
MTN WORLDWIDE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of a 1.8meters Dish needed to track only MTN worldwide. However, if you want to track it alongside sony, you must use a 3 meters dish at least
- Quality coaxial cable
- Your C-band LNBf must be strong and genuine. Please get a good one as it is very important
- Certain west African countries and South-East Africans should use 4095 R 30000 TO TRACK MTN WORLDWIDE ON NSS 12 @57.0E WITH A C-BAND LNB
- West-African will go for Satellite INTELSAT 903 @35.5W on frequency 4132 R 30000 C-BAND.
BASIC TRACKING TRICKS FOR MTN WORLDWIDE @ NSS12 57E
firstly after assembling your dish, make sure you use the dielectric plate in the c-band LNB that you are using. Next, Use this frequency to track it 3802 H 19999 with your lnb tweaked @ 3 o’clock or between 3.0clock and 5 o’clock. This mainly depends on the quality of your LNB. Next, begin toggling your dish. Once you get a good signal let say like 70% or above, input MTN Worldwide sports 24 HD tp 4095 V/H 30000 then blindscan your decoder. the channels should come up. We will be using sports24 HD 57e for this tutorial because it is closer to 66e or 68.5 than 34.5w. If you track mtn worldwide on 34.5w, I am afraid you won’t be able to track sony alongside it on a single dish without motorising the dish.
If it becomes somewhat difficult for you to track, you can just try and first track champions tv on yamal @ 55east on ku band LNB with frequency 11045 V 40000. After that, change the lnb to c-band, tweak the cband lnb to 3 o’clock and bring down the elevation of the dish a little you should get it. Once you get it, adjust your dish even further to get the signal at its peak. Now you are done tracking MTN Worldwide on 57e. Next is Sony before we now talk about how to combine both on the same dish
For those interested in a tip to track mtn worldwide on 34.5w, please follow this:
You C band LNB must be at 5 o’clock and use 3778 H 3778 for NTA, signal quality must be 85% and then input frequency 4132 V/H 30000 or blindscan your decoder to get more channels
Tracking sony entertainment channels the easiest route
To begin with, you should know that sony is at Old Mytv’s position. In other words, your dish will be facing down Sony Entertainment is @intelsat 68.5East. The minimum dish size in most part of Nigeria is now 2.4meters. In most case, you need something bigger. I will personally recommend you use a 3 meters dish.
Now to the real business. firstly track old mytv @68.5east. In case you don’t know, you will need a Ku band LNB for mytv. We all still remember it. It has so many Christian channels. MYTV TP is: 12722 V 26657.
Next, change to your C band LNB because that is what Sony uses. At this point, (remove the dielectric plate because you don’t need it for sony) after fixing the cband now input this TP. 3974 V 19850 still in the same position don’t adjust the elevation or the azimuth of the dish. just keep adjusting the lnb @ some point you might need to adjust the elevation and azimuth a little, but don’t adjust the dish body (reflector) until you have adjusted the c-band lnb well enough.
The above frequency is very easy to track but it’s not for Sony. after getting like 70% on tp: “3974V19850″, Thereafter, input sony frequency which is 3900 H 22222 and blind scan to get other channels too.
sony & MTN Worldwide – How to combine both on the same dish without a motor
This involves a very simple arithmetics. the fact that HDSport24 is @57east and Sony entertainment is @ 68.5East, makes it possible to be capable of being combined on a single big dish. The reason for this is because they are not too far away from each other. The pictures below, courtesy of yenum is an indication.
- 2 C Band LNBfs
- Dish size should not be lesser than 2.4 meters. i strongly recommend 3 meters for best performance.
- You should get a rod that you can use to hold the other LNB or you can tie it with a copper wire. If you want to make it very neat, buy an LNB holder or construct a rod. This will also ensure it stays firm for a very long time.Also, you can make any of the satellites to be your primary satellite. Primary is contextual and it means the one that is at the centre of the Dish’s LNB holder. In other words, the first satellite you track. I will recommend that you track sony first. It all depends on you anyways. You can go either way.Track sony first, then you attach HDSport24 to it or vice versa.
sony & MTN Worldwide tips on LNB attachment
If you track HDSport24 first as your primary, you attach your cband lnb for Sony just above that of HDsport24. Alternatively, But if you track Sony entertainment first as your primary, you attach the second cband lnb for HDSport24 below that of sony . The picture above says it all.