This post was most recently updated on March 23rd, 2018
In life, never say never. Up to this time, I really don’t believe that I will find myself in a situation whereby I would be required to pay for a piece of Android app without even having the opportunity of first testing it out. In today’s topic, we are going to talk about how to solve Nigeria Play store payment method.Well, in my case, I was handicapped as I wasn’t ready to root my phone and I needed the font package because it makes a whole lot of sense to me. In case you missed that article, please kindly read up my comprehensive tutorial on how to install more than 3000 different fonts on Samsung phones for just $1.99
I encountered an error “correct this card info or try a different card” while trying to add a card in other to make a purchase on google play store. Insipte of trying out about four cards from four different banks, I wasn’t successful. I later searched online for a solution and I came up with the fix which I am sharing with you today
Solve Nigeria Play store payment method error on Google play store
This error is not peculiar only to google play store. It started when the current administration in Nigeria assumed office. The Nigerian currency(the naira) was devalued) and it became impossible to make use of Direct currency conversion(DCC) while shopping online. You need to set up your card to charge you directly in the merchant’s currency before the transact would be successful.
For example, if the merchant’s currency is in US dollars, you must change your currency to USD. On Amazon, for example, there is an option to do this. On Google play store, however, there is no such option. You need to change your address to that of the United States before you can add a credit/debit card successfully. This is what I want to address here today.
THE SOLUTION TO correct this card info or try a different card
- You need a google account. You can register one here
- Get a Nigerian credit card also known as atm card ready
- Make sure you have some funds to the tune of the item you want to purchase on google play store
- Get a valid US address or get a virtual one. The zip code is the most important here. you can have an idea on how you can get some here
The steps to fixing the play store payment error in Nigeria
- Open your Google play store App and select the account you want to convert to that of the US(If you have multiple accounts)
- Next, open settings by clicking on the 3 parallel lines at the left top corner of play store app
- Goto your play store account from the settings.
- Select payment methods
- Next, look at the bottom of the page and select the more payment settings option.
- Now, you will be directed to payments.google.com also known as google payment centre.
- Once you are here, you will see an option to add a payment method. Please don’t add any yet if you are using a Nigeria card
- On the contrary, select menu from the top-left-corner, and choose addresses
- Now, select “ADD NEW ADDRESS”
- Finally, fill in the US address that you have. Make sure you use your credit/atm card name while filling this a sit is very important. Once you are done with this, save and set as your primary address profile. You can now add your card and it will be added successfully.
- Also, you will notice that the prices of items will change from naira to dollars. You will also have more payment options which only us residents are entitled to.
- This surely works. Do not set auto-charge and remove it if you won’t be using it too often.