This post was last updated on July 7th, 2022 at 06:35 pm
In the course of my endless research, I stumbled upon this new innovation in television broadcasting. Obviously, digital broadcasting technology is evolving. As it stands, it is mandatory for DVB solutions providers to adapt to these changes. We now live in a world where very affordable STB chipsets have the hardware potential of desktop computers and even home appliances. SatTube TV has come to change the game.
About SatTube TV
First off, you can call It a service in which TV channels are broadcast via data frequency that is reserved on the space, and the channels are broadcast on it without the need for the Internet or decrypting codes. The service works mainly on SunPlus devices, but it can also be run on GX processors with special software.
Our solution to the new era market requirements is SattubeTV – an innovative satellite broadcasting platform that combines the advantages of both satellite and IP-based broadcasting technologies for a unified, affordable, high performance & feature-rich digital video broadcasting experience.
Basically, SatTubeTV is an innovative multimedia platform developed by FG-Digital. This platform allows users to broadcast their content on both the Internet and Satellite TV simultaneously.
Through SatTubeTV we now have a new approach toward multimedia content sharing which allows users to reach a wider audience without any kind of infrastructure or service costs and acts as a gateway between traditional broadcast services and IP-based Internet video.
Devices That Support SatTube TV Services
SatTube current service Frequencies:
- Rascom 2.9°E – 11269 H 3641
- Rascom 2.9°E – 11270 V 2960
The first frequency contains one channel, and the second frequency is hidden, and it has the three BN Premium Sports channels, but it will only appear with the software that supports the feature.
Devices That Currently Support SatTube TV Services
From the starsat lineup of decoders, the following devices are supported because they have the Sunplus 1507A processor and they contain the SatTube icon:-
- Starsat 2300 HD
- Starsat 2025 HD
- Starsat 3050 HD
- CPU 4M 1506G
- Echolink Open Vu 7 Mini + and Grand +
- Echolink Open Vu 9 Mini / Grand,
- And also, geant STB,
- Actually, echolink tornado v3 is the first device that includes the application.
You just search for the frequency and then enter the icon and you will find the channels working without problems. However, you will need to wait for new software for the aforementioned devices to operate the feature with their frequencies and their new satellite
In addition, SatTube feature also works on GX processor devices, especially Starsat Xtreme devices with the special software, and it was downloaded back in 2018 on Starsat 90000 Xtreme and 2000 Xtreme devices
Update 237 for the 90000 devices and update 232 for the 2000 devices. If you download this update now, you will find 4 BN channels added within the channels on the Hotbird satellite position
This is the same position in which the service was available in the past.
If the service continues for free, there will be updates to add them as separate channels in the channel lists on the Rascom satellite 2.9 East or Eutelsat 3 East, and you, as a user, will not add the frequency or anything
All you will need to do is only you will go on your dish to go online and download the update and the Channels will appear automatically and work as it did four years ago
SatTube TV platform allows operators to serve numerous value-added services through an integrated data feed infrastructure to all compatible STBs. Some of these services are:
- Exclusive channels only available to SattubeTV Platform
- Interactive value-added services for both ODT and SDT
- Real-Time rating statistics and analysis functions
- Personalized advertisements
- Automatic firmware upgrades; both online and offline.
It has come to my notice that at least “Two premium beIN channels” have appeared on TStv position. rumors have it that these two channels belong to satTube TV.
As expected, SattubeTV offers a new and unique content platform for all compatible STBs with the help of SattubeTV Channels. These exclusive channels are only available via the SattubeTV app Platform.
SattubeTV also has support for FTA and paid content. However, Premium and PPV channels can be protected by FGCrypt or Conax Encryption, depending on the operator’s choice. The good news is that there are some premium sports channels currently available as feeds on SatTube Tv platform. The four categories of channels on SatTube Tv include the followings:
- Social Channels
- FTA Channels
- beIN Sports Premium Channels in HD
- PPV Channels
Compare SatTube TV tech with Digital video broadcasting(DVB) and IPTV
By comparison, SatTube TV has some edges over the existing technologies. The image below shows the unique advantages SatTube is offering subscribers.
- Exclusive channels.
- Scalable, the service can be configured for each operator exclusively.
- Open to new broadcasting technologies.
- Can easily be adapted to current hardware setups.
- Highly interactive services.
- High-quality content protection.
- It is easy to maintain.
- No high infrastructural costs.
- On-the-fly payment support through prepaid cards.
- No geographic restrictions
- Low content license fees
- 100% compatible with old DVB standards
- SocialTV and Dynamic Channels support.
- Support for different usage scenarios; ie: data transmission, IoT integration, e-learning solutions support…
DVB disadvantages compared to SatTube
- First, it is hard and expensive to maintain.
- Very high initial setup costs.
- No interactivity
- Closed standards, no way to implement new broadcasting technologies easily.
- Obviously, DVBs have high license fees for content delivery.
IPTV vs SatTube TV
- The most annoying constraint of IPTV is Geographic restrictions.
- Increasing bandwidth usage per customer.
- Variable service quality since no standards is defined.
- Possible need for new hardware on the customer side and even in this scenario there is no guarantee that the newly purchased STB will be compatible with other service providers.
- Overall service satisfaction depends on customers’ internet connection quality & speed.
- Unfortunately, there is no industry-wide content protection standard for IPTV.
- Packet data loss.
- • Quota/data allocation problems on customers’ side.
- Variable broadcast quality (Mostly SD channels-this is debatable as the quality of some SatTube channels is also poor)
- Finally, IPTV IS Usually open to intrusions.
Disclaimer!!Now that we are getting to the tutorial aspect of this post, I want to use this medium to sound a “disclaimer” Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is ILLEGAL !!!All the information available here is for personal use, an experimental and educational purpose only!.
How to watch SatTube Channels
How does SatTube TV work?
SattubeTV combines IP-based web video solutions with traditional broadcast technologies. This way, your content will always have a high impact on a wider audience. When a user uploads a video to the SattubeTV server, the content is processed for two different platforms: While the web content is categorized according to video tags and description, the satellite content is pushed to the Genie Engine for review and it will be scheduled for satellite broadcast.
Steps to watch SatTube TV on compatible decoders
I have now 4 channels added in Hotbird 13E
First channels is “W.Sport 1” = bein sports Max 1
Secondly, we have “W.Sport 2” = bein sports 1 HD
W.Sport 3 = HD 2
Finally, there is “W.Test” = Feed only
Steps on how to track SatTube channels on compatible STBs(decoders)
Firstly, you need to own a device that can install the SatTube APP software. Fortunately, many STB companies have started upgrading their decoders to support the new system SatTube tv by releasing a new software. Now here are the steps to getting SatTube TV satellite channels.
- first, I upgrade my STB with the latest SW update. You can download the software from Mediafire.
- Secondly, you need a Dish that its size is big enough receive channels on Hotbird
- Thirdly, point your dish to Hotbird 13E using this frequency (10930 H 30000)
- Next, connect your receiver with the internet. (you don’t have to connect the internet server IKS or Satellite SDS server (SKS)
Note: if you own a decoder that comes with an IKS account(such as g-share, forever, funcam and so on), you would need to reconnect it to get those encrypted channels back. Then, search for the channels.
- once the receiver is connected to the internet, all the four sports channels and other SatTue channels will pop-up and be stored on your decoder automatically by themselves without scanning.
- Lastly, then you can disconnect the internet and watch them as they are FTA as shown in the picture above.
Additional Note on getting SatTube TV sports channels on Hotbird
- The channels only stored by themselves without scanning but they need a supported firmware + internet.
- Also, once you point your dish to Hotbird and it stays on Hotbird 13E, the channels will appear.
- Moreover, no frequency info in these 4 channels.
- Noteworthy, if you disconnect the power from the STB(decoder) and power it on again there will not be any channels. This means you have to repeat the steps by connecting the internet to your STB and there you go the Sattube TV channels are back again.
- Once the channels pops-up and you can watch them without an internet connection. Also, you won’t need any card sharing account to open the channels. The channels are like FTA channels.
SatTube TV official decoder
I recently saw this picture online that looks like SatTube TV official STB decoder
Is SatTube TV Illegal?
From what I have seen so far, the whole project looks legal. For example, all the four sports channels on Hotbird carry no encryption/scrambling tag. Were this not the case, then we would have issues. however, what i cannot guaranteed is for how long this platform will still be available. Also, I can’t expressly state if everything about their operations is legal. I will leave that to the legal experts to decide.