This post was last updated on December 4th, 2020 at 03:53 pm
To a large extent, Amazon still cares about her staff and customers even though recent developments make it look as if the reverse is the case. To be honest, they have a wonderful team of helpful customer service. Some of the best I had ever seen. All the above was what motivated me never to give up since I am sure I hadn’t committed any offense when my account was closed. If I can do it, you can give it a shot also. I am sharing with you free of charge, how I was able to Reinstate Amazon’s Buyer Account.
If you are here, definitely you or someone dear to you is having a suspended Amazon account. It can be a painful experience especially if you have not done anything wrong. Luckily for you, I have been in your situation before and I somehow figured it out. This post explains how to Reinstate Suspended Amazon Buyer Account. It is no boasting that you won’t get a more comprehensive solution than this elsewhere(except maybe from those who charge to help). I will provide working ways of getting your Amazon buyer’s account reinstated/recovered even when you think all hope is lost.
Types of Accounts that you can Open with Amazon
- Buying/personal/regular Amazon account: The most notable benefit of Amazon’s regular account is the fact that you can also become a prime member. Now, if you plan to use Amazon regularly, you should honestly consider subscribing to prime(with all its benefits).
You can have as many ‘Buyer’ accounts as you want(As long as none of them has previously been closed by Amazon). However, you can only have 1 ‘Seller’ account per household. A second ‘Seller’ account requires pre-approval by Amazon.
- Amazon seller account: First off, you can have only one selling account on Amazon. Since 2000, Selling on Amazon has been helping individuals and businesses increase sales and reach new customers. Today, more than 40% of Amazon’s total unit sales come from third-party selection. Additionally, you can either sell as an individual or as a professional. Each has its own benefits.
- Amazon student account
- Kindle Account:
- Amazon Associate/Affiliate Account: When you have this, you earn commissions by directing people to buy on Amazon. You can be an Amazon affiliate without being a seller or buyer on the Amazon website. Amazon Associates is one of the first online affiliate marketing programs and was launched in 1996. The Amazon Associates program has a more than 12-year track record of developing solutions to help website owners, Web developers, and Amazon sellers make money by advertising millions of new and used products from Amazon.com and its subsidiaries.
- Amazon Business registration
- Amazon Web Services: Whether you’re looking for compute power, database storage, content delivery, or other functionality, AWS has the services to help you build sophisticated applications with increased flexibility, scalability, and reliability.
Difference Between Amazon Sellers and Buyers Account
Basically, everyone who has ever purchased anything from Amazon has a Buyer account. Anyone of those accounts is potentially a Seller account if they decide to press the “Sell Yours Here” button. Hence, becoming an Amazon seller is pretty easy. After a Buyer presses Sell Yours, they have to fill out the Banking Information on the seller side of their account in order to get paid and they have to input valid Credit Card information again on the Seller Side of their account, even if they have valid Credit Card on file in their Buyer account.
They also need to fill out Tax-related information in their Seller account which Amazon then sends to IRS for verification. That is not needed for buyers of course.
Another difference is that because Seller accounts receive money from Amazon through sales, they are regulated more closely than Buyer accounts.
Finally, an individual can set up as many Buyer accounts as there are email addresses. However, only one Seller account is allowed per household.
My tips will work for you even when you have gotten to a stage whereby amazon account specialists no longer give any useful response to your emails. Or maybe when you call Amazon, the CS couldn’t help. All you need to do for this to benefit you is for you not to be an actual wrongdoer. If you know you have deliberately perpetrated fraud, your chances are slim. If you made a mistake, this might still help. Lastly, if you can’t even see your fault or you feel you have done nothing wrong, this will surely help you.
Especially relevant to this Topic:
- Amazon.com Gift Cards: Uses, benefits, limitations and how to Acquire
- Tricks that can allow you to buy cheap on Amazon from outside the US
- [Tut] How to become a playstation plus member or load a SEN card from any country
What is Amazon Account Suspension?
In a layman’s language, Amazon account closing/suspension is a situation whereby Amazon closes a customer’s(be it a buyer or a seller) account either on request or as a result of a policy violation/ Now if your you request Amazon to close your account, you are safe and free to come back to the community anytime you deem fit.
On the contrary, if you receive an account closure message from Amazon informing you that you have been banned because you have committed an offense, then you need to take some actions if you ever want to get your account back. The latter reason is the essence of this post. How to “Reinstate Amazon Buyer Account”.
Effects of a Suspended/closed Amazon Account
Once your Amazon account is After your account is closed on your request, it is no longer accessible by you or anyone else. This includes any Seller, Mechanical Turk, Associates, Amazon Web Services, Author Central, Kindle Direct Publishing, or Amazon Pay accounts associated with your purchasing account. If you ever want to use Amazon in the future, or if you’d like to use website features that require a password, you would need to start a new account.
On the opposite, if your account was suspended by Amazon, you will not be able to re-open another account with your details otherwise, that would also be suspended. My best advice for you is to appeal for a reopening of your suspended account and you should get it back if you haven’t done something very bad.
Once your account is closed, it’s no longer accessible by you or anyone else. Keep in mind:
- Firstly, if Amazon closes your account, they will cancel your others and benefits. If you are accused of fraud, you will also lose your Amazon balance.
- In your best interest, don’t open another account in your name as any order you place may be delayed, and your customer experience may be adversely affected.
- You won’t have access to other websites using your Amazon.com log-in (Audible.com, accounts at international Amazon sites (co.uk/.fr/.de/.es/.ca/.in/.au/.com.br/.nl/.it/.com.mx) except for Amazon.cn and Amazon.co.jp, etc.)
- In addition, you won’t have access to digital content related to Amazon Music, Amazon Drive and/or Prime Photos, or your Amazon Appstore purchases
- You won’t have access to your customer profile including your reviews, discussion posts, and customer images
- You won’t have access to your account history (including credit card information, order history, etc.)
- Returns and refunds can’t be processed for orders on closed accounts (including textbook rentals)
- If you have a remaining Amazon.com Gift Card or promotional credit balance, you won’t have access to use the funds. Read more about closing your account here
How Would you know if your Amazon’s Buyer Account has been Closed?
Lest I forget, I am an Amazon buyer account holder. I buyer and never sells. Also, it might interest you to know that I am not a USA resident. I had my account closed in early September and I went through hell getting it reinstated. Now let me share with you the indicators/features of a suspended Amazon account.
- You will most likely receive an email from Amazon notifying you of your account suspension. This email will clearly state why they take such action. Interestingly, the email will not give you a clue on what to do. I mean, they won’t ask you to appeal or advise you on how to go about the appeal.
- If Amazon closes your account, you will not be able to login to the Amazon website on a desktop browser or mobile browser. However, for a limited period of time, you may still be logged in into your Amazon App.
- To compound your login problems, no matter how many times you try to reset your password, it won’t just work.
- For those who are still logged into their mobile app, even if you manage to place an order, it will be automatically canceled within 10-minutes.
Who Can Benefit from these tips on how to reopen Suspended Amazon Accounts?
- If you have been an old obedient and compliant Amazon customer prior to this recent development, there is a high chance that my tips will help you.
- Secondly, if you are not guilty whatsoever, you will most likely get your account back.
- Furthermore, if you haven’t already sent an ill-composed/rude email to Amazon’s highest hierarchy, you will find joy in my tips.
- If you have everything at your disposal to proof your innocence or to prove it that Amazon has made a mistake, then this will be easy for you.
Why is Amazon Suspending/Closing Customer’s account?
To be honest, there has been a massive closure of customers’ accounts by Amazon in recent times. I will not agree that every one of these accounts has been justifiably closed. At the same time, I think there are motives behind the closure. Amazon is swaying to AI for most of its operations. Therefore, many activities are automated. What I think they did is to set filters and triggers.
Unfortunately, machine learning is not yet perfect as a result, there are bound to be mistaken. Unfortunately, many customers mishandle the situation and get themselves into proper trouble with Amazon. You can read more about Amazon customer’s response to account closing here. According to research, below are some of the reasons why Amazon may suspend a customer’s buyer’s account:
Note: there are 2 types of Amazon account suspension. 1. The soft suspension(this is executed for the customer to re-verify his or her details) and 2. A hard suspension: when this happens, Amazon is made to understand that you have erred. A soft suspension can actually lead to permanent account termination. For example, if you are asked to verify your billing address and you can’t do so, I am afraid your account may be gone.
Reasons for Amazon Account Suspension
- Amazon is targeting and blacklisting certain countries as being fraudulent. First on this list of this country is Nigeria. I also learned that Indians and china are not spared. If you are in any of the countries mentioned above, please don’t buy any high-end electronics(especially phones) with a gift card. Amazon will suspend your account without remorse.
- Amazon is definitely using more of a machine to detect fraudulent activities. These machines are bound to make little mistakes here and there occasionally. These mistakes are rare and they can be corrected when you contact them. Artificial intelligence is utilized by Amazon dwells on metrics already put in place. This will, in turn, triggers the termination of your account pending further review.
- Things will neglect can also cost us our amazon account. For example, Incomplete personal info on your account. This can be very costly. Please make your information is accurate and verifiable.
- Incorrect personal info on your Amazon account: If you do this deliberately, you can as well say a final bye-bye to your account when you receive that email from Amazon. However, if you do it as a result of negligence, my tips will help you. y
- Mismatched information. E.g, the name on your credit card is different from the name of your billing address.
- High volume/denomination gift card balance. this is one of their newest triggers. You must explain how you come about such a balance if you want to get your account back. (if this is legit, you have a chance with my trick)
- Often at times, untrusted gift card sellers would report a gift card already sold to you as stolen. When this happens, Amazon will refund the claimant and block your account. Previously, they will deduct the value of the invalid card and release the remainder to you. This is no longer the case so please stay off invalid gift card sources.
- If you already an Amazon account that has been suspended and yo went ahead to open another one using a different email, you will be able to use this account for a while but eventually, Amazon will know and close your account. If you already have a suspended account that can’t be reopened, please don’t open another one with your details. a word is enough. Amazon will log your device, mobile number, name, email, IP address. You will have to change all of this before you can beat them.
- Stop modifying or changing billing and shipping address Arbitrarily.
- If you must change your billing address, please maintain your existing billing name and phone number or contact their support for help before you do this.
- Also, you need to be consistent with the location and IP address with which you sign in to your Amazon account.
- Beware of place orders for multiple expensive gadgets. Amazon can suspend your account thinking you are using your personal account as a business one. Noteworthy, Amazon has a platform for those who want to buy for business. buying multiple phones repeated with a gift card is now a trigger
- Another remote cause that triggers Amazon to close your account is when you load high denomination gift cards and immediately use everything to check out.
- Suffice to say if you perpetrate credit cards or gift card fraud, you will be banned. Don’t use a gift card you won on a promo site or the one you bought with BTC. Similarly, don’t use a hacked credit card, a stolen one, or a virtual cc on your Amazon account.
- Amazon is simply doing a clean up of those abusing their usage policy. Especially gift card usage policy
Sample Amazon’s Account Closure Notification email!
Every email that has to do with your account security or closure will come from [email protected] and it will have an “Account Specialist” as its signature. Amazon can lose your account for a variety of reasons. the commonest reasons are provided below.
Note: there is a difference between Amazon’s “account locked” and Amazon account that is closed. Your account is locked for your own security, you only need to contact them and together you can reopen it. If your account is however closed by Amazon, this implies that Amazon thinks you have violated their policy. It is more strenuous to recover than a mere account that is locked. When attempting to sign in into a locked amazon account, you receive the account locked error. However, when your account is closed, you get the “incorrect password message when you are trying to log in”.
We have closed your Amazon.com account and canceled all of your open orders. Any new accounts you open will be closed.
We took these actions because you have submitted invalid credit cards as payment for Amazon.com orders.
You can also receive the following disheartening email from account address-verification:
We have closed your Amazon.com account. We canceled all open orders and Prime benefits. Any new accounts you open will be closed.We took these actions because our records show that this account is related to another account that was closed by Amazon.
Due to the proprietary nature of our business, we are unable to discuss other accounts with you.
Hello,We have closed your account and canceled all outstanding orders.We took these actions because the gift card you tried to use is not valid and cannot be redeemed. We cannot reissue the gift card or reimburse you for these funds. For further details, we suggest that you contact the party who sold or gave you the gift card.Please note that the selling of Amazon.com gift cards by unauthorized third parties, and the transfer-for-value of Amazon.com gift cards is a violation of our terms.You can find more information on the Amazon.com. Help page:www.amazon.com/gc-legal
The following message can also be sent to you by Amazon:
We have closed your account and canceled all outstanding orders.
We took these actions because either the Amazon Gift Card or the Amazon Gift Card balance you are using is in violation of Terms and Conditions. We cannot reissue the gift card or reimburse you for these funds. For further details, we suggest that you contact the party who sold or gave you the gift card.
Please note that buying Amazon.com gift cards by unauthorized third parties, and sold or transfer-for-value of Amazon.com gift cards is a violation of our terms.You can find more information on the Amazon.com. Help page:www.amazon.com/gc-legalIf you believe we took this action in error, please send the gift card purchase receipt, or other documentation such as an email from the sender, to back up all the Amazon Gift Cards used to place the order – to our secure fax line.
Make sure that you write your name, phone number, and Amazon account email address on the document. If you did not buy the gift card, we request you to get in touch with the original purchaser to provide the gift card receipt or proof of purchase.You can find our fax number on the Amazon.com Help page:
And to round it up, you can hit a vicious cycle with this email from Amazon. They will keep sending you this last email in various form:
“We have closed your account and canceled all outstanding orders.We took these actions because either the Amazon Gift Card or the Amazon Gift Card balance you are using is in violation of Terms and Conditions. We cannot reissue the gift card or reimburse you for these funds. For further details, we suggest that you contact the party who sold or gave you the gift card.
Please note that buying Amazon.com gift cards by unauthorized third parties, and sold or transfer-for-value of Amazon.com gift cards is a violation of our terms.You can find more information on the Amazon.com. Help page:
www.amazon.com/gc-legalIf you believe we took this action in error, please send the gift card purchase receipt, or other documentation such as an email from the sender, to back up all the Amazon Gift Cards used to place the order 111-000000-9111111 to our secure fax line.
Make sure that you write your name, phone number, and Amazon account email address on the document. If you did not buy the gift card, we request you to get in touch with the original purchaser to provide the gift card receipt or proof of purchase.You can find our fax number on the Amazon.com Help page:
How to Avoid Amazon Account Suspension/Closure
First off, No matter how hard you try, amazon can still close your account arbitrarily. The policy is even harsher on certain countries such as Nigeria due to the high rate of scam and fraud.
Notwithstanding, these tips apply only to Amazon’s personal accounts for sellers. You can actually reduce the chances of Amazon closing your account if you do the followings:
1. Don’t Shop for Phones, laptops, or other High-end Devices with a Gift Card
If you use a gift card to shop for high-end electronics such as iPhones, there is no way you can ultimately avoid account suspension especially if you reside in such countries as India, China, Nigeria, Philippines..
2. You can Use Amazon Services from other Countries instead of the USA
Open and use amazon. The UK if you know you want to use valid gift cards to make purchases. This is working fine at the moment but you don’t know when they will go on the offensive as well.
3. Use your Credit/Debit Card to buy Costly Electronic Devices While you Use Gift Cards for cheap non-electronic Items
As a rule of thumb, if you want to avoid amazon account suspension while using gift cards to shop, then you must not be fond of buying phones or high-end devices with your gift cards. Alternatively, when you want to buy electronics, use your credit card/atm to buy it. Even if your account is banned when using your ATM, your bank will help you get back your money.
4. Contact Amazon support via chat if you want to perform any action that you are unsure of its consequences.
5. Upgrade to an Amazon Business Account
Upgrade your personal Amazon buyer’s account into an Amazon business account if you know that you will be shopping very often on Amazon. In addition, you can’t rely on amazon’s business account any longer if you are operating it from Nigeria. I will advise you to ask your contact in the USA to help you open and manage it. Amazon is still afraid of USA residents to some extent because they know they can sue them for damages if they close their account unjustly.
6. Use the Fastest shipping available if you are not an Amazon prime member
This way, even if your account is suspended, your items might have shipped. Also, don’t buy any item shipped by amazon if you want to risk buying with gift cards and avoiding suspension
7. Fill Every one of your Details Correctly when Registering Your Amazon Account
When you are signing up for a new Amazon account, make sure you fill everything correctly and appropriately.
8. Don’t hurriedly attach your credit card. Take your time to attach the appropriate one
9. Avoid Storing/Accumulating Amazon Gift Card
Only use a gift card on checkout (don’t “bank” any gift card balances or if you do “bank,” do it with a low amount)
10. Avoid using a prepaid credit card or a virtual credit card.
Another way to get your Amazon account suspended pretty fast is for you to be using a virtual credit card or a prepaid card to purchase items on their site. they clearly stated that this is not allowed in their terms and conditions
11. Cancel your Order if your Payment Does not Clear Within 5 hours
If you are buying with your Gift card balance, make sure you always check your “Gift card balance and activity”. Take note of the following: If you see pending status as pending after 5 minutes of placing the order(s), set your stopwatch to 27 minutes and check back. The truth is that all other things being equal, your gift card balance shouldn’t be pending after 30 minutes. In the worst-case scenario, it must be cleared within 6 hours. Please cancel your order(s) if there is still a pending flag on your gift card balance after 5 hours. Then try again in a few days.
12. Too Many Shipping Addresses All at Once is Not Cool
Furthermore, avoid attaching different shipping addresses with different names and phone numbers. This may Trigger their system and you may be flagged for trying to use a personal account for business.
13. Consistent Purchases on Amazon is Recommended
Please be consistent with your buying behavior. Increase your purchasing power gradually as against exponentially. E.g if you have been ordering… 20usd to 100. Don’t just jump to $2000 suddenly.
14. Don’t buy Expensive electronic devices too frequently
First off, this part is self-explanatory. Reframe from the urge to buy a flagship high-end electronic devices with your buyer account. for example, if you buy a galaxy s7 device, followed closely by a galaxy s20 phone, you may be suspended if the time interval is too short.
15. Avoid Ordering the same items in large Quantities with your Personal Account
Don’t do anything that will strike Amazon as if you are buying for reselling. For example, don’t order the same items from the same seller in multiple quantities. This is risky especially if we are dealing with phones.
Also, avoid buying more than three high-end electronic devices within a 30 days period even with your card.
16. Don’t redeem high denomination Gift Card to your Amazon Account
Slow and steady wins the race. Don’t load high denominations gift cards in quick succession even if they are legit.
17. Don’t Use Someone Else’s Credit Card to Shop on Amazon
In addition, use only your credit card. don’t use someone else’s card. Make sure the cc on your acc bears your details. Gone are d days when you can use your relative’s cc.
18. Don’t Renew any Amazon Services if you don’t have enough funds in your Card
Also, prior to the renewal of any of your subscriptions like Amazon Kindle, Amazon prime, and so on, make sure you have funds on the credit card on your account.
19. Don’t Ship to Anyone with a Suspended Amazon Account
If anyone directly or indirectly related to you has a closed account, please don’t ship to such a name or address.
20. Don’t log in from suspicious locations
Finally, to secure your amazon account and avoid suspension, you shouldn’t log in to your Amazon account from a suspicious location.
21. If you are In Certain Countries, Forget About Using Giftcard
Some countries such as Nigeria, Ghana, and so on have been tagged “high-risk” countries. Therefore, if you are from Nigeria in particular, forget about using gift cards to purchase items on amazon.com. You may be lucky with UK or Germany amazon though.
Reinstate Amazon’s Buyer Account That was Closed By Amazon the Easiest Way
I don’t know what triggers Amazon to close my account. Whatever the case may be, I was very sure that I didn’t do anything wrong. Although I remembered that it was about time they wanted to charge my card for the prime subscription. I wasn’t having funds in my account as at then maybe that was why they felt the credit card was invalid. Also, at the same time, I added a new shipping address. It is all very complicated and that’s why I have taken my time to come up with this post.
Things to avoid when Contacting Amazon to open your account
- Make no mistake of ignoring the content of their first email to you.
- Also, don’t trivialize things or take things for granted. I did this and that was what complicated things for me.
- To add to the above, make sure you don’t supply an illegible document. In the same way you should avoid altering the document you are sending to Amazon.
- Also, follow their instructions to the letter. If they ask you to provide some docs via FAX, please don’t send them via email. Disobedience can be costly.
- Don’t give too little details: Make sure you provide everything they need for their investigation. If they say provide proof of purchase of all gift cards, do exactly that.
- On no account should you say too much? Don’t provide information that they didn’t request.
- Be polite but firm. Rudeness is not an option here.
- Avoid been emotional
- Finally, help them to help you by cooperative activity.
Normal Steps to Reinstate Suspended Amazon’s Personal/Buyer Account
The first and most important step is for you to be composed. Don’t panic. I know it feels like you should see Jeff Bezos and shoot him in the toe. Please don’t be restless, You can take some time off to calm. When you are fully ready, use the following steps to reply to them. For the sake of emphasis, this will work if you have not actually done something very bad.
- Reply to their “account suspension notification email” tell them that they have made a mistake by closing your account and you are not happy. Let them know that what they claimed you have done is untrue and you can prove it. On a good day, you will get a reply from them within a few hours. Maximum of 48hours.
- They would likely ask you to provide some sensitive documents like “Card statement(credit card statement as opposed to your normal bank statement). In most cases, they will also ask for your gift card receipt or any proof that you have legitimately purchased or been gifted the gift cards. You will be asked to fax this. please don’t send via email. Look for a free fax website or mobile app if you can’t afford to pay for a fax subscription. I made the mistake of sending via email instead of fax and I was ignored.
- If your case is not that serious, within 48hours Amazon will reopen your account. If this is not the case, call them. You can find their customer care phone number here. Ask to speak to an account manager/supervisor then tell him/her courteously that your account was closed and you have provided the verification documents via fax. In 95% of most trivial cases, your account will be opened during the first call. If not read the next tip.
- Some case could be serious so much so that it requires further investigation. Give them 3 more days and call again.
- Now, at this point, you should be off the hook. If your account is still however closed, unfortunately, it means you are in bigger trouble than you think. Maybe along the line, you committed more offenses with your mouth or amazon opened more cankerworm about your account in the course of their investigation. By now, you must have entered the Amazon account specialist message loop. By this I mean, account specialists have started sending you the same automated messages over and over again. Even if you place an order via the app, it will get canceled and you will receive an autoresponder.
What to do when Amazon Account Specialists refuse to Reopen/Reinstate/ your Account
If your case with Amazon is complicated, you will surely realize that the normal support will not be able to reinstate your account. Luckily for you, there is still a lifeline. You can contact the executives of Amazon including the CEO Jeff Bezos. But wait, you wouldn’t want to rush the executives as any mistake here would completely ruin your chance. Now, before I give you tips on what to tell Amazon executive when contacting them, let me quickly ask you these questions, If you can answer them correctly, then you will succeed.
How to prepare before sending a message to Jeff Bezos to reopen your account
- Do you know what triggered your account closure? In my case, I would say I change my address, and my credit card was without funds. I knew I would be pardoned for these mistakes but alas I got things complicated for myself while contacting customer care. I sent the document via email instead of Fax.
- Accept the fact that you have done something wrong even if you don’t know what it is.
- Are you actually innocent? If you ask me, no one that Amazon blocks his or her account is innocent. However, your offense is pardonable if you have not deliberately violated their policy. Also if you have not wronged them whatsoever, you still have a chance.
- How old is the account in question? My account is more than 3 years old and there has never been an issue so far. You can’t compare the attention I will receive with someone who has a 1-year-old account let alone a week old one.
- What transpires when you contacted an Amazon account specialist that made them not to open your account. Take a deep breath and think. Did you insult them? have you lied or altered anything? I am afraid if you had altered/forged a document I would say you have close to zero chances
- What about your details? Is there any mismatch is your billing name and address? If yes, do you have documents that can be used to rectify this?
- Are you sure you have gone through the normal channels(of calling customer service and emailing acc specialist)? Amazon executives would not take you seriously if you haven’t put any effort to solve your problem via their normal channels before contacting them.
- How healthy is your account? have you been banned multiple times in the past? If yes, your chances will be slimmer than a first time offender.
- Do you have every document that you can use to prove your innocence handy? Such documents include your “gift card receipt(to increase your chances + plus the actual card”, your bank statement, your credit card statement, your utility bill(they hardly ask of this), and finally the mobile number registered to your account.
- Finally, hope you are in the right frame of mind to write a long and detailed message?
Things to Include when writing to Amazon Executive for an appeal to restore your Account
Note: Sadly, amazon has blocked email access to all their executives except Jeff Bezos. In other words, if the account specialist can’t help you, only Jeff Bezos can. I wish you the best of luck. If you are however from Nigeria or any country that is being targetted by amazon as being prone to fraud, you have a very slim chance of getting back your account.
Contacting the echelons at Amazon is the simplest and the most difficult thing for any Amazon subscriber. I will, however, make this easy for you. It is difficult because you need to give your best and pray that it is enough. Three things will set the tone whether your appeal will be rejected or accepted.
- Your case: are you an unrepentant violator of their policy? if you ain’t, then your chances are high.
- Are you polite and courteous enough? Although Amazon is a formal organization, no one would tolerate abusive words. If you are abusive in your email to them, your email will be trashed. Your introduction matters a lot.
- Be detailed and avoid being emotional.
How to compose the Appeal email to send to Jeff Bezos & Co
Amazon’s executives’ contact
Courtesy of elliot.org I am able to get the following amazon contact for their executives up to the President
Main: (206) 266-1000
Toll Free: (866) 216-1074
1. Email Contacts
Social Media Contacts
2. Executive Contacts
SVP, Worldwide Operations and Customer Service at Amazon
410 Terry Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109-5210
3. Secondary Contact
Vice President, North America Operations at Amazon.com
410 Terry Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109-5210
4. Chief Executive(this is the last bus-stop)
410 Terry Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109-5210
How to compose the letter/email that you want to send to Jeff Bezos
If you get your acts right, you will receipt the most anticipated message from Amazon. This message will herald the reopening of your account. Take note as it will be sent from [email protected] and the title would be ” Your Amazon Account has been reinstated”. There is a very tiny line between getting this email and not getting a response from Jeff or another executive altogether.
Another mistake that most customers make is that they try to jump the hierarchy. Please contact them one after the other. Don’t go straight and send an email to Mr. Jeff by skipping Mr. Dave. Secondly, allow at least one week between the message before contacting the next executive. If you want a success email like mine(shown below), please follow the tips on what to write in your message to Amazons’ executives below:
Write an appealing introduction
As I said, you need to be polite and professional with your messages. Let that professionalism resonate through your message, Start with a Salutation. Dear Sir, Dear Mr Dave, Mr Mroth…
Now in your introduction, briefly talk about how much you have enjoyed being a part of the Amazon community as a buyer/seller. Proceed to praise their efforts in trying to sanitize the platform
What to write in the body of your message to Jeff
- Briefly hight the problem at hand. given vivid details of order numbers date and time(You can get your order numbers through your email). Highlight the events in the order by which they occurred. At this point draw their attention to the fact that you have tried to resolve this through their normal channels to no avail. attach every document you already faxed to this email
- State and Accept your mistake if you already know it. If not, let them know that you don’t think you have done anything wrong that it is a mistake from them. Don’t forget to add that if at all you are wrong, then it is unintentional and you plead for leniency/pardon. Please don’t be defensive.
- Proceed to tell them that you are willing to cooperate with them in their investigation in the event that the existing info is insufficient.
- Finally, conclude by saying that you are awaiting a favorable response. Noteworthy, if you have a valid amazon balance or returns on the way, say this here so that you can at least have your money back if you can’t get your account back.
Who to Do When Amazon Refuses Your Appeal To Reinstate Your Account?
- In some instances, you may be guilty of using an account related to one that has been closed by Amazon. In such a situation, your appeal to restore your account may be rejected. If this is the case, you can sure get a refund. If Amazon blatantly refuses to refund you, you can file a lawsuit in a court of small claims through your state’s attorney general. Sadly, this option is applicable only to USA residents. Mind you, all in all, Amazon has the power t refuse any compensation as it is in their terms that they can close any account at will.
- Secondly, you can file a complaint through https://bbb.org. This website has helped a lot of Amazon customers get back their legitimate funds and in most cases, have their account reinstated, You can also give this a shot.
In conclusion, Amazon is not a bad company and many speculations about them are not through. They simply want you to use their service in compliance with their terms and conditions. Best of luck as you try to Reinstate Amazon Buyer Account.
How to Open A New Amazon Buyer/Personal/Business/Seller Account Without Traces
Now let’s imagine that you can’t get your old amazon account back but you want to open another one. I am sorry, it is not so easy to open new Amazon accounts. If you simply open a new one by merely changing your email, the system will detect you and suspend your new account. Below are the requirements for successfully opening a new amazon account that can never be traced or linked back to the one that was suspended by Amazon.
Get a New Device: phone or pc
This depends on the device you were using on the suspended account. Once amazon suspends an account, they log your device’s serial on their database. any time you use the same device, their system will recognize and link. so, you need a new phone. If you want to use a pc and you don’t want to buy a new one, you can partition your existing PC and use a different user account.
Get A new Internet
You must change your IP address to have a chance. As for me, what I normally do is to change my sim card from one network provider to another on a new phone. It is also important that if you are using wifi, don’t use the same WiFi connection like the one with the suspended account.
Don’t Use the Same Billing Name and Address
Amazon is good with address verification. you can’t escape their wrath if you attempting to use any elements of your billing name address on the old account with your new account.
Don’t Use A Debit/Credit Card From a Closed Account
Please don’t just try to do this. Their system has a way of extracting the address on each card on file on amazon. Changing the name on the card will not help you. Just make sure you use a different card from the one you used on the account that was blocked. Need I to say that you should also use the current name on the card.
Make sure you use a different Shipping Address or tweak the existing one
Amazon system can pick the name and phone number on your shipping address on your old account and use it to link to the new one you are trying to open. To avoid this, make sure you change at least the name and phone number on all the shipping addresses that you used on your suspended account which you are planning to use on the new one.
- Don’t make the mistake of using the same phone number
- Finally, don’t use any email address that has been closed used on amazon before. For example, if you once opened an amazon account and you asked amazon to help you close it, don’t use such an email for a new account.
- Seller and Business Account Owners should Avoid using the same EIN/ITIN/SNN when opening another seller or business account.