For those who own an unhacked PlayStation 3, a PlayStation 4 or the new PlayStation 4 pro, you will agree with me that we always wished our internet connection could be faster. It is even more frustrating for those using a 3g network. PlayStation speed problems is a big deal and that is what this post is going to address.
I happen to own a preowned ps4 console and all ps4 console globally knows that unlike the ps3, there has been no public hack of the console. The beings a bitter-sweet taste as this indicates that, for you to be able to play any game on your console, you need to either by the physical game or download it from the SEN. At one point in time or the other, you will need to update your games or your console’s software. Nothing is lesser than 350mb on the ps4. Some games are as big as 22gb. If you as much as try to use the default internet configuration for any heavy downloads or streaming, you will wait until no end for your download to complete.
Now that you have known why you need to tweak your internet setup on your PlayStation, the next question is, what does it take to get a faster internet connection on the PS. I repeat you will eventually need to make use of the internet on your PlayStation console. The only way you can escape this is if you do not want to get the latest update on your PS system or games.
PlayStation speed problems-what are the requirements
- You need either a clean PlayStation 3(by clean I mean unhacked/unmodified), a PlayStation 4 or a PlayStation 4 pro.
- Secondly, you must be a proud owner of a mobile or wifi hotspot or a LAN/Ethernet connection
- You should have at least a decent 3g connection.
Who does this tweak benefits?
To know how much of an increase in speed you will experience, please first test your connection before you apply this tweak. then test it after applying this trick. You will realise it doubles the speed if not tripling it. To test your connection on a PlayStation 4 or PlayStation pro, navigate to the following. settings>>network>>scroll down twice and select>test internet connection
This sequence goes like this: good>>better>best. If you are good, you will want to get better and if you are better, you surely want to become the best. In a similar vein, even with a 4g network, you will always wish for the optimal speed. This tweak is applicable to all and can be adopted by all. However, the main reason I put up this post is to educate those who are using a poor network on their PlayStation console like myself. For convenience, I have also uploaded a youtube video to make thing easier. You can download the youtube videos if you don’t want to read through.
PlayStation speed problems – the steps
Before we proceed, please get your wifi hotspot ready with an active internet. If you wish to use a LAN connection, then connect the rj45(LAN) cable to the LAN port at the back of your console
- Now, On your PlayStation console menu, go to settings>>network>>check the box “connect to the internet”
- secondly, scroll down to “set up internet connection”. Next, choose your prefered internet protocol. this could be either a LAN or Wi-Fi.
- Click on next and chose>>custom>>select from the lists of connections that appears on the next window. In my own case, I have two wifi hotspot which I alternate.
- Under ip address settings, please select Automatic>>DHCP Hostname, choose Do Not Specify.
- On the DNS Settings window, you will see two options. Please choose manual>> Change primary DNS to 8.8.8 and Secondary DNS to 188.8.131.52
- Moving forward to the next page, you will have MTU Settings. On this page, choose Manual and change whatever it the default value is into “1473”
- The final setting is on the “Proxy server” window. Of course, a proxy server will further slow things down so please select “Do Not Use Proxy”.
- Finally, your curiosity should ask you test your tweak. Please select the option that prompts you to test your connection and wait for the result. See my result below: