NigComSat 1R at 42.5°E: Free-To-Air(FTA) package: how it all started
According to the Minister of information in Nigeria (Mr Lai Mohammed)The switchover from analogue to digital television is ”irreversible” because the DSO is a ”game changer” that will bring immense benefits to Nigerians and help the government to achieve one of its cardinal goals. This goal is to diversify the economy. It was also reported that a world organisation gave the Nigeria government until July 2017 to complete the switchover from analogue television to digital.
Nigeria and Digitisation
Digitisation is the process of converting analogue signals or information from any format into digital forms that can be understood by computer systems or electronic devices. The term is used when converting information like text, images or voices and sounds into binary codes. The digitised information is easier to store, access and transmit and digitisation is used by a number of Consumer electronic devices.
Digital TV broadcasting offers many advantages over analogue systems for end-users, operators and regulators. Apart from increasing the number of programmes, digital systems have the capacity to provide new innovative services such as interactive TV, electronic programme guides and mobile TV as well as transmit images and sound in high- definition, HDTV, and Ultra-high definition, UHDTV. Digital TV requires less energy to ensure the same coverage as for analogue, thereby decreasing the overall cost of transmission. Read the rest here.
NigComSat-1R latest channels 2018: Full list of active channels
Please note: the channels list can increase or decrese at any point in time. This kind of behaviour is one of the characteristics of FTA channels.
- Mbc Max
- Western Cape TV
- KICC TV(religion)
- Madani Channel English
- Rayuwa TV
- Afrikiy TV
- Quran TV (religion)
- TV Taraba
- Alminhaj TV(religion)
- Movies Africana
- Celebration TV
- Lagos TV
- Silverbird TV
- Wazobia TV
- Arewa 25
- MBC 2(UAE)
- Smile TV
- Manara TV
- MoneyMart TV
- Tvc News Nigeria
- Harpazo tv
- Catholic tv
- Gv tv
- Hotel tv
- Peace tv
- Jw broadcast
- Tvc e
- Free Indeed TV
- Ark of God TV
- Dunamis TV
- Fox News Channel
- Baby TV Europe
- ARTV Kano
- Music 24
- France 24
- Max tv
- Jbm Benue tv
- Fox Life Africa
- Nta e
- F24 e
- Pop Africa
- Nta news24
- Nta sport 24
- Tvc e
- MBC Action
- MBC Bollywood
- Nta parliament
- Peoples tv
- Quest tv
- Core tv
- Galaxy tv
How to track NigComSat 1R at 42.5°E: Free-To-Air(FTA) satellite channels easily
Fortunately, you can also track NigComSat-1R alongside other satellite packages on an offset(Ku band/Dstv) dish as small as 90cm. The satellite packages that you can combine with NigComsat include 55E(Yamal champion TV), or 28e(multitv). Alternatively, you can also add old mytv at 68.5e to the single dish.
Here are the quick steps on how to easily track NigComSat 1R at 42.5°E: Free-To-Air(FTA) channels in Sub-Sahara Africa. If you are unsure of whether you can receive the channels in your country, please refer to my article here to find out.
NigComSat 1R at 42.5°E: Free-To-Air(FTA) satellite package tracking frequency
A quick reminder: Don’t attempt to track NigComSat 1R at 42.5°E: Free-To-Air(FTA) until you have confirmed from someone that the channels are up. Failure to inquire from anyone that has already tracked it may lead you into an unsuccessful quest. All in all, NigComSat 1R at 42.5°E: Free-To-Air(FTA) satellite is pretty easy to track.
How to track NigComSat 1R at 42.5°E: Free-To-Air(FTA) satellite channels
The position is below dst* 36ºE and above Champion tv
- Also, ensure you nail the highest signal on the DSTV’s 12245H/27500 frequency.
- Once you get the highest signal strength, tighten your Dish’s neck
- Then insert the NigcomSat 1R frequency 12518H/29500 or any other into your satellite decoder or receiver.
- Now adjust your dish vertically downwards and to the left. Be cautious as this adjustment must be done by small increments.
- Next, play around until you hit green.
- Finetune the dish to get the highest signal strength. Once you are satisfied, tighten your dish.
- Finally, blind-scan your decoder to receive the full channels on that package.
Now that you are done After scanning this sat, you can add other satellites like dst*, multitv on the same dish(This depends on your experience with dish installation)
Troubleshooting NigComSat 1R at 42.5°E: Free-To-Air(FTA) satellite signal during installation
Let’s say you followed the instructions above and yet you are not getting the signal, please refer to the tips below to work your way around this.
- Firstly, you must use the most recent NigComSat frequency to track. I provided the most recent in this article already.
- Secondly, you must use a quality Ku LNBf. This can significantly boost your signal quality and strength
- If you want to nail the bird with the least stress, please avoid using a DiSEqC switch.
- Also, if you want to track the channels, make sure your LNB cable is not too far from the dish and also make sure you have not joined your LNB cable together
- Your signal must be very strong before you can pick it on qsat(This is why I advise you to first track with a reliable decoder like strong or by using a satfinder). Make sure you get 80% or higher if possible.