NigComSat 1R at 42.5°E: Free-To-Air(FTA) package: how it all started
According to the Minister of Information in Nigeria (Mr. Lai Mohammed), The switchover from analog to digital television is ”irreversible” because the DSO is a ”game-changer” that will bring immense benefits to Nigerians and help the government to achieve one of its cardinal goals. This goal is to diversify the economy. It was also reported that a world organization gave the Nigerian government until July 2017 to complete the switchover from analog television to digital.
Nigeria and Digitization
Digitization is converting analog signals or information from any format into digital forms that computer systems or electronic devices can understand. The term is used when converting information like text, images or voices and sounds into binary codes. Digitized information is easier to store, access, and transmit, and several consumer electronic devices use digitization.
Digital TV broadcasting offers many advantages over analog systems for end-users, operators, and regulators. Apart from increasing the number of programs, digital systems can provide new innovative services such as interactive TV, electronic program guides, and mobile TV and transmit images and sound in high-definition, HDTV, and Ultra-high definition, UHDTV. Digital TV requires less energy to ensure the same coverage as analog, thereby decreasing the overall transmission cost. Read the rest here.
NigComSat-1R latest channels: Full list of active channels
Please note: the channels list can increase or decrease at any time. This kind of behavior is one of the characteristics of FTA channels.
At the time of modifying this post, specific channels, such as waptv, ait, channels,itage, Novella, MOVIES trybe, tvc news, wazobia max, silverbird, Televista, etc., that have been missing are not back. Whenever your channels are off, inquire from others using it if it is a general problem or not. Once you know it is not a general problem, blindscan your decoder to regain the channels.
Important Notice: According to the information I just received from one of the followers of this site, to regain some of the missing channels on 42.5°E, use this frequency 12589 H 26250 or 12519 H 29498. However, make sure you delete the old channels before you blind scan. Tvc news, Tvc entertainment, and NTAi, and the like will be restored.
Similarly, suppose you own between 2.4 meters to 3 meters dish, depending on where you reside in Nigeria. In that case, you can watch Nigeria’s many channels, including Wazobia on Intelsat 33E at 60.0ºE Using a C band LNB. The tracking frequency is 3970 R 18315, 3737 r/v 1666, 3866 H/V 1666.
Also, you can try getting wazobia and the likes on 43.1W.
Nigcomsat 1R Channels List
- Peace TV (newly added in 2020)
- BCS TV
- Mbc Max
- ourroot TV
- Rahma Live TV
- Western Cape TV
- KICC TV(religion)
- Clearview TV
- Rayuwa TV
- Afrikiy TV
- Quran TV (religion)
- TV Taraba
- Alminhaj TV(religion)
- Movies Africana
- Celebration TV
- Liberty TV
- Lagos TV
- Silverbird TV
- Wazobia Max
- Arewa 25
- MBC 2(UAE)
- Smile TV
- Manara TV
- MoneyMart TV
- Tvc News Nigeria
- Harpazo tv
- Catholic tv
- Gv tv
- Emmanuel TV
- OPM TV
- Jw broadcast
- Tvc Entertainment
- Trybe 208
- Free Indeed TV
- Impact Africa
- Ark of God TV
- Dunamis TV
- Fox News Channel
- Baby TV Europe
- ARTV Kano
- Our Music TV
- France 24
- Max tv
- Fox Life Africa
- ABS Awka
- Nta e
- Nupe TV
- F24 e
- Pop Africa
- LIGHT TV
- Nta sport 24
- Unity TV
- Yotomi TV
- MBC Action
- Quest tv
- Core tv
- Alu TV
- Galaxy tv
- Zamani TV
How to track NigComSat 1R at 42.5°E: Free-To-Air(FTA) satellite channels easily
Fortunately, you can also track NigComSat-1R alongside other satellite packages on an offset(Ku band/Dstv) dish as small as 90cm. The satellite packages that you can combine with NigComsat include 55E(Yamal champion TV), or 28e(multitv). Alternatively, add old mytv at 68.5e to the single dish.
Here are the quick steps to easily track NigComSat 1R at 42.5°E: Free-To-Air(FTA) channels in Sub-Sahara Africa. If you are unsure of whether you can receive the channels in your country, please refer to my article here to find out.
Easy Steps to Track NigComSat 1R at 42.5°E: Free-To-Air Satellite channels
For easier installation, use a satefinder. However, if you are a professional satellite installer, you can use either a satfinder or an FTA decoder to track.
quick note: The position is below DStv 36ºE and above Champion tv
- Also, ensure you nail the highest signal on the DSTV’s (12245 H 27500) frequency.
- Once you get the highest signal strength, tighten your Dish’s neck
- Next, Adjust your LNBF Skew vertically
- Then insert the NigcomSat 1R frequency 12589 H 26250 or 12518H/29500 into your satellite decoder or receiver.
- Now adjust your dish azimuth (vertical) downwards and to the left. Be cautious, as this adjustment must be done in small increments. In simpler terms, move your Dish once towards your left-hand side while standing behind your Dish.
- Next, play around until you hit the green.
- Finetune the dish to get the highest signal strength. Once you are satisfied, tighten your dish.
- Finally, blind-scan your decoder to receive the full channels on that package.
Now that you are done scanning nigcomsat, you can add other satellites like DStv, multitv on the same dish(This depends on your experience with dish installation)
NigComSat 1R at 42.5°E: Free-To-Air(FTA) satellite package tracking frequency
Symbol Rate: 5000
A quick reminder: Don’t attempt to track NigComSat 1R at 42.5°E: Free-To-Air(FTA) until you have confirmed from someone that the channels are up. Failure to inquire from anyone that has already tracked it may lead you into an unsuccessful quest. All in all, NigComSat 1R at 42.5°E: Free-To-Air(FTA) satellite is pretty easy to track.
Troubleshooting NigComSat 1R at 42.5°E: Free-To-Air(FTA) satellite signal during installation
Let’s say you followed the instructions above, yet you are not getting the signal; please refer to the tips below to work around this.
- Firstly, you must use the most recent NigComSat frequency to track. I provided the most recent in this article already.
- Secondly, you must use a quality Ku LNBf. This can significantly boost your signal quality and strength.
- If you want to nail the bird with the least stress, please avoid using a DiSEqC switch.
- Also, if you want to track the channels, make sure your LNB cable is not too far from the dish and also make sure you have not joined your LNB cable together
- Your signal must be very strong before you can pick it on qsat(I advise you to the first track with a reliable decoder like Strong or by using a satfinder). Make sure you get 80% or higher if possible.