Maybe its because I am poor and I can’t do without the internet. I tend to search endlessly for cheap data plans and promotional offers. Coming off the back of the ongoing MTN Deal Zone offer(for select customers) is this new initiative by MTN tagged mPulse. Today’s post is about how you can remove the restriction place on MTN mPulse special data bundle that prevents you from using it to browse all websites. Before we proceed, let me quickly let you into the world of MTN mPulse and its benefits.
What is mPulse!
mPulse is a service from MTN which equips young Nigerians between the ages of 9 and 15 with all the resources they need to maximize their potential and be all they want to be. The service has two features: the mPulse tariff and the mPulse website.
The mPulse tariff gives students lots of freebies including N200 airtime birthday gift, Data Bonus and free WhatsApp for 7 days. Students can join the mPulse tariff by dialling *344*1# from a new or existing MTN SIM. Parents can link their child’s numbers (which are on mPulse tariff plan) to theirs and set automatic weekly or monthly airtime and data transfers to them. For more information on benefits of the mPulse tariff please visit the FAQ. You can sign up to the website for free as a student or parent.
MTN mPulse benefits
- • 25MB WhatsApp data bonus on the first recharge in a month.
- • Data Bonus on the first recharge.
- • N200 airtime reward on your birthday
- • Certified preparation materials for Common Entrance, WAEC, NECO, JAMB and PostUME
- • Past Questions and Answers on Common Entrance, WAEC, NECO, JAMB and PostUME
- • Youtube Tutorial videos on a wide variety of topics: Technology, Programming, Leadership, Vocational Skills, Entrepreneurship, Language, etc.
- • Exciting single-player and multi-player games
- • Trending music and sports videos
- • Buy mPulse data plans
- • Migrate your MTN line to mPulse tariff plan
What do registered parents tend to get on MTN mPulse?
A. You will gain access to the following:
- • View your child’s activities on the website
- • Share airtime and data with your child
- • Monitor and Control what websites and apps your child can access
|mPulse Benefits and Migration at a glance|
|Calls||15k/sec to all Networks|
|SMS||N4 to all Networks|
|Special Data Bundle
(for mPulse website ONLY but I use it for all website)
|• 350MB Weekly plan @ N50
• 1.2GB Monthly plan @ N150
|MTN mPulse special Add-Ons/benefits||• N200 airtime reward on your birthday
• Special Data bundles to browse on mPulse Web and App.
• FREE 30MB on your first access to mPulse website.
• Data Bonus on the first recharge.
• 25MB WhatsApp data bonus on your first recharge in a month.
• Weekly or Monthly Airtime/Data allowance from linked Parent
What is MTN mPulse special data bundle?
MTN mPulse special data bundle is part of the benefits derivable from migrating to MTN mPulse tarriff plan. On MTN mPulse special data bundle, you get 350MB worth of data @ N50 valid for 7 days. Also, you can get 1.2GB worth of data at #150 for 30 days. Be aware that there are just this two data plans on MTN mpulse. You either do the monthly or weekly.
Who is Eligible for MTN mPulse special data bundle?
Unlike most other promos by MTN, this plan is available without any biases. I mean, be your old, new or prospective MTN subscriber, you will be able to enjoy this. Once you migrate to MTN mpluse, you will automatically be eligible for MTN mPulse special data bundle.
How do I migrate to MTN mPulse Plan?
A. To migrate to mPulse plan, simply do any of the following:
- • Dial *344*1#
- • Alternatively, Send ‘mPulse’ to 131
- • Also, you can download MyMTNApp, go to tariff plan and select mPulse
How do I subscribe to the mPulse weekly and monthly special data bundle plan?
To subscribe to any of the MTN mPulse Special Data bundle do any of the followings:
- • For Weekly bundle of 350MB, send 350 to 344
- • For Monthly bundle of 1.2GB, send 351 to 344
- • Dial *344# and then, select data bundle of choice from the menu.
- • From mPulse website, from the drop-down menu of student dashboard, select data bundle of your choice from the list of bundles.
How do I check my MTN special data bundle balance?
You will be able to check your data bundle balance via the following channels:
- • You can check your special data bundle by dialling *559*93# or by following the prompt on *344#
- • MyMTNApp
How can I use my MTN mPulse special data bundle to access all websites?
By default, you can only access limited websites are Youtube and other Google sites. However, there is a way by which you can use this plan to access all websites. The following Tunnelling apps are can be used with MTN mpulse to access all websites as at the time of writing.
List of tunnel apps that are currently working with MTN mPulse special data
eProxy For Android
Download HTTP Injector – (SSH/Proxy/VPN)
Spark VPN SSH/Proxy/VPN
- KPNTunnel Revolution (Official)
eProxy For Android
eProxy For Android is a tunnelling Android app. It can perform the following funtions:
– Modified outgoing request your ISP
– Send data requests through a proxy
How to get eProxy VPN to working with MTN mPulse special data bundle
- Firstly, download eProxy VPN apk from Google play store HERE
- Secondly, download the latest .ePro Config file for MTN mPulse special data from HERE.
How to setup eProxy for Android to work with MTN special data
After downloading the two files above, next is for you to load/save the .ePro config file downloaded earlier to your eProxy profile. To do this, complete the following steps.
- Now install the eProxy VPN app and open it.
- Click on the red-colored /plus button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Next, locate the Configuration file you earlier downloaded. Note the folder you saved it, then tap on it to import.
- Finally, Lastly, click on the START button to connect your app. Once it is connected, you will get the following information
How to use HTTP Injector – (SSH/Proxy/VPN) to access all sites with MTN mPulse special data
HTTP Injector is a professional VPN tool to browse the Internet privately and securely with custom HTTP header support. It works as a universal SSH/Proxy/SSL Tunnel/Shadowsocks client to help you access blocked websites behind a firewall. Besides that, it also encrypts your connection so that you can surf the internet privately and securely. HTTP injector VPN app for Android is also one of the tunnelling apps that can be used to access all websites with your mPulse special data bundle. Learn the settings below.
MTN mPulse special data bundle settings for HTTP Injector
First step: Download HTTP Injector – (SSH/Proxy/VPN)
Step 2: Download HTTP injector MTN NG MPULSE LIFETIME.ehi config file.
How to setup HTTP Injector to work with MTN mPulse
- After downloading the two files above, install the Apk.
- Next, launch the HTTP Injector VPN app
- Now, tap on the Paper icon located at the top-right corner
- Also, click on Import Config and locate the MTN mPulse Config file you download earlier then tap on it to import.
- Finally, tap Start the connect. It will connect within 10 seconds so far your internet is stable. Now, every app and websites will work with your mPulse data.
Spark VPN – (SSH/Proxy/VPN) settings for MTN mPulse special data bundle
Spark VPN is a professional tool to set custom HTTP header. It’s used to connect your SSH/Proxy with a custom header to help you access blocked websites behind a firewall with SSH tunnelling support & proxy server using built-in Android VPN. It will help you surf the internet privately and securely.
This tool is for professional users only
How to set up spark VPN for mPulse data
- Launch the Spark VPN app and then.
- Locate the MTN mPulse Config.svc file
- Then tap on it to import.
- Hit the Start button to connect.
How to use Psiphon Handler to browse all Apps and sites on MTN mPulse special data
Psiphone handler can also be used to access all website on MTN mPulse special data. I will teach you how to set it up now.
First off, Search on google to Download Psiphon Handler
- Now, install and launch the Psiphon Handler app.
After Installation, use the following configurations for the App
- Tick: Remove Port Proxy
- Type: Real Host Proxy
- Server: mpulse.mtnonline.com
- Real Proxy Type: Default or HTTP Real Proxy Port: 8080
- Now click SAVE and tap MORE OPTIONS which is in the third row.
- Tick: Connect through HTTP Proxy
- Finally, Tick: Use the following settings: -> Host Address: 10.199.212.2
How to setup KPNTunnel Revolution to work with MTN mPulse Special data
Another currently workoing VPN/tunnel app that you can use to byepass the browsing restriction currently imposed by MTN on the mPulse special data is KPN tunnel
Steps to setup KPN tunnel on MTN mPulse sim
- Firstly, After installing the KPNTunnel app, open it and use the method below to import the configuration file:
- Click on the Settings Icon (it is the middle icon found at the top right corner of the app).
- Now, tick the ssh tunnel box and go back to the main page.
- Click the (third) Menu icon at the top-right corner of the app >> tap Config Options >> tap Import Locate the Config file you downloaded and tap on it to import.
- Tap on the Start button to connect. Enjoy your browsing