Yesterday I posted on how you can lay your hands on some of the best BISS keys auto-roll decoders out there. It is a matter of time become I come up with a similar post for those who for one reason or the other wouldn’t be buying the super Biss keys decoders. Today I will be providing an easy to understand tutorial on manually entering BISS keys on the majority of the standalone decoder we have out there.
Special hints on how to activate or locate BISS menu on any decoder
- Firstly, before you can venture into attempting to open any BISS encrypted channels, you must have searched for and gotten the BISS key.
- To make it easier, contact your dealer for the methods
- Make sure your decoder is an FTA decoder that supports BISS keys
- It will surely be under settings
- In most cases, this feature is either hidden or difficult to get to
- It is called different names by different device manufacturers. E.g on Qsat it is under xcam setup, on strong, it is patch menu, tiger calls it patch while Gsky refers to it as CAS menu
- Finally, if your decoder is not listed here, you can also adopt the method here and see if it works for you.
- BISS keys can be entered in a decoder in two ways, either through a special code or by navigating to a special menu under settings. In most cases, it is a combination of both
- In most cases, you will need to enter the frequency, polarity and symbol rates of the channel you have in mind before the BISS keys could work,
Manually entering BISS keys on GSky decoders
N.B: Users of Gsky and hellobox decoders don’t need to manually enter any Biss keys at the moment. Just download the latest software and watch the decoder do its magic.
- You must first download and install the latest software for your version of GSky decoder from the manufacturer’s website.
- Nex, press menu on your remote and open “conditional“
- Scroll to BISS
- Once this has been opened, press the green button on your remote to add a new BISS key.
- Edit the keys accordingly.
Manually entering BISS keys on Tigerstar t3000 or t245/245+
Steps to manually inputting a biss key on tigerstar t3000
If you own a tiger t3000, you don’t need to enter any Biss keys as this will be done automatically by the decoder. All you need to do is to install the latest software that you can download from their website. Once you have loaded the latest available software for your tiger t3000, perform the following steps:
- Press Menu on your remote and scroll to “OTHER”
- Open other and scroll down to “PATCH Menu” as shown below
- Scroll sideways to “BISS”
- Use your remote green button to add a new keyline or use the blue button to Edit one of the existing ones.
- Enter the freq, symbol rate and pol where applicable.
- Save and exit.
Manually entering biss keys on Tiger star T245+ Ultra
- Click menu-click installation, then click Patch – Scroll to BISS
- Next, scroll through the existing keys and pick one. I will recommend you pick the last one or any irrelevant one.
- After that, go to blue button Edit by clicking it, then enter your keys on the Key column. Don’t forget to enter 00 on Prov ID and Index. Then Click (F1) Edit Boss to enter your your frequency and symbol Rate, you will find H automatically.
- Save and After exit.
Manually entering BISS keys on Strong 4955, 4955B, 4955G & 4962i
The strong crosat team is yet to release any software that supports BISS keys Auto-roll as they did with PowerVU.
- Download and install the latest patch software for your SRTand install it on the SRT 4955, 4955B or SRT 4955G decoder from this link
- Track the satellite package that hosts the channel you want to open with the BISS key
- Tune to the channel that you want to open with a biss key
- Now, Get to the patch by inputting F1 + 8280 on your remote control from your idle screen.
- The patch menu window will pop up instantly.
- Navigate to BISS Key Patch Menu as shown from the picture above
- Now, Scroll to the last Key Number and Press Green button to add another Keyline. I always go for the “EDIT” option. I will recommend same to beginners
- If you would rather edit an existing key, Press on “Sat” to edit the Frequency, Symbol Rate and Version of the TV3 BISS key.
- Your provider ID can be “1FFF” and you can leave your index as “00” or “3D” or any two digits.
- Ensure that The Key Data doesn’t exceed 16 characters such as 11 11 11 33 11 11 11 33
- Press SAT Key button from the remote control to enter the Frequency, Symbol rate and Polarization. Make sure it appears as follows: Freq: SR: Pol:SID = 12525:30000:V:0077
- Press the OK button on your remote to save the key data. Then exit.