In this tutorial, I would be giving an evergreen guide on how you can Load .M3U URL manually. This is with all intents and purposes an article for research and education. It has nothing to do with broadcast piracy as I will not be linking to any pirated content. IPTV has come to stay and things can only get better. Also, we already know that IPTV comes in forms and protocols which all have a common factor. The common factor in IPTV is the “stream”.
My tutorial will be able to enable you to load a .M3U Playlist URL into any supported/compatible device such as a smart TV, PC, Mac, Android(phone or box), receivers and lots more. The only requirement would be that the device in question must supports manually addition of IPTV link/file. Before we get things underway, let’s learn some basic stuff about m3u/m3u8 URLs
What is an M3U URL?
According to Wikipedia, an M3U URL or Moving Picture Experts Group Audio Layer 3 Uniform Resource Locator in full) is a computer file format for a multimedia playlist(In other words IPTV M3U is a computer file format for IPTV playlist). One common use of the M3U file format is creating a single-entry playlist file pointing to a stream(In this case IPTV streams) on the Internet. The created file provides easy access to that stream and is often used in downloads from a website, for emailing, for watching tv programs via IPTV and for listening to Internet radio.
Consequently, an M3U IPTV URL is commonly used to point media players to audio and video sources, including online sources.
The Unicode version of M3U is M3U8, which uses UTF-8-encoded characters. M3U8 files are the basis for the HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) format originally developed by Apple to stream video and radio to iOS devices, and which is now a popular format for Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH) in general.
P.S: The current proposal for the HLS playlist format uses UTF-8 exclusively and does not distinguish between the “m3u” and “m3u8” filename extensions.
What are the requirements for loading an M3U/M3U8 Playlist URL on any Device?
- Good, fast and stable internet connection: The faster the better, all other things being equal. Without an internet connection, IPTV cannot work
- Secondly, you need an IPTV M3U URL compatible device. For one, every android device that can run VLC Player, MX player or similar IPTV app is compatible. In addition, any device at all irrespective of the OS that can run VLC player, in particular, would do IPTV successfully. Now, if you have an OS that can’t run VLC, then that device must either have its inbuilt M3U player or you can manually add on.
- Finally, you need the .M3U URL Playlist file. We have countless free ones which are volatile. To lay your hands on some, just perform and google search with the term m3u url free”. If you want a premium or stable one, then you must buy or subscribe to one.
- Live sports free Urls where you can watch a lot of tv programs Including sports
- Is IPTV legal?: Arguments for and against the legitimacy of IPTV fully analyzed