This post was most recently updated on June 23rd, 2019
In this tutorial, I would be giving an evergreen guide on how you can Load .M3U IPTV URL manually. This is with all intents and purposes an article for research and education. It has nothing to do with broadcast piracy as I will not be linking to any pirated content. IPTV has come to stay and things can only get better. Also, we already know that IPTV comes in forms and protocols which all have a common factor. The common factor in IPTV is the “stream”.
My tutorial will be able to enable you to load a .M3U Playlist URL into any supported/compatible device such as a smart TV, PC, Mac, Android(phone or box), iPhone and iPad, satellite receivers and lots more. The only requirement would be that the device in question must supports manually addition of IPTV link/file. Before we get things underway, let’s learn some basic stuff about m3u/m3u8 URLs
What is an M3U URL?
According to Wikipedia, an M3U URL or Moving Picture Experts Group Audio Layer 3 Uniform Resource Locator in full) is a computer file format for a multimedia playlist(In other words IPTV M3U is a computer file format for IPTV playlist). One common use of the M3U file format is creating a single-entry playlist file pointing to a stream(In this case IPTV streams) on the Internet. The created file provides easy access to that stream and is often used in downloads from a website, for emailing, for watching tv programs via IPTV and for listening to Internet radio.
Consequently, an M3U IPTV URL is commonly used to point media players to audio and video sources, including online sources.
The Unicode version of M3U is M3U8, which uses UTF-8-encoded characters. M3U8 files are the basis for the HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) format originally developed by Apple to stream video and radio to iOS devices, and which is now a popular format for Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH) in general.
P.S: The current proposal for the HLS playlist format uses UTF-8 exclusively and does not distinguish between the “m3u” and “m3u8” filename extensions.
Types of IPTV Playlist URL File Extensions
- .m3u and .m3u8 are the most popular of the bunch. Therefore, they occupy the top spot
- We also have .json IPTV playlist url
- .xspf is another IPTV playlist
- Also, we have .jspf
What are the requirements for loading an M3U/M3U8 Playlist URL on any Device?
- Good, fast and stable internet connection: The faster the better, all other things being equal. Without an internet connection, IPTV cannot work
- Secondly, you need an IPTV M3U URL compatible device. For one, every android device that can run VLC Player, MX player or similar IPTV app is compatible. In addition, any device at all irrespective of the OS that can run VLC player, in particular, would do IPTV successfully. Now, if you have an OS that can’t run VLC, then that device must either have its inbuilt M3U player or you can manually add on.
- Finally, you need the .M3U URL Playlist file. We have countless free ones which are volatile. To lay your hands on some, just perform and google search with the term m3u url free”. If you want a premium or stable one, then you must buy or subscribe to one.
- Live sports free Urls where you can watch a lot of tv programs Including sports
- Is IPTV legal?: Arguments for and against the legitimacy of IPTV fully analyzed
- 14 Features you must look out for before buying any Android TV/Streaming Media box
- Comparison Between Mobile IPTV and IPTV Set-top Boxes Accounts
How to Load .M3U IPTV URL manually on supported devices via VLC Player
List of Devices That Supports IPTV URL Streams
- iOS Devices especially iPhone or iPad via IPTV Smarters app, VLC or similar Apps
- All Android Devices such as Phones, tablets, android boxes and so on. You can do this via a countless app from google play store.
- Windows PC
- Game console such as PS4, Xbox(via VLC)
- Mac computers via VLC, DIVX and similar apps
- Nusky decoder
- Any Android Smart TV(e.g latest sony smart tv)
- Smart TV with Tizen OS or WebOS. E.g LG and Samsung via smart iptv app
- Gigablue via inbuilt iptv manager
- Enigma2 OE 1.6
- Qsat decoders(mostly after a particular software upgrade)
- Enigma2 OE 2.0
- M3u box(name of a device)
- Simple list
- Range t20
- Csat Pro decoder
- Starlive v3/starsat HD6060/AZclass
- Mediastar/Starlive v4
- Revolution 60/60/Sunplus
- Mag Device
- Strong 4922/4950H/4950M(Sometimes this requires a patch software)
- Alphabox x4rf and New x6+
Tips on how to Load IPTV URL Playlist Manually on various compatible devices
How to Load .M3U IPTV URL manually ON 4922
How to Load .M3U IPTV URL Playlist manually on 4950H/4950M/4950E
Best IPTV M3U/M3U8/M3U5 Players for All Android Phones and Android Boxes
How to load Load .M3U IPTV URL manually on Android with IPTV by Sofronov
How to Load IPTV Playlist URL on IPTV Smarters for Android
- Goto the play store and download IPTV Smarters
- Open the app click on Add User front the top right corner
- Tap on “Load Your Playlist or File/URL”
- select the file as your playlist type if what you received is a .m3u file. Otherwise, select “M3U” and then copy and paste your playlist URL
- Wait for the app to load your channels.
How to Load IPTV URL Streams Manually on Apple iOS Devices
Apparently very few 3rd party streaming devices works on the iPhone. However, I am happy to inform you that you can load IPTV playlist to your iPhone, iPad or apple tv. In this article, I will only review IPTV smarters. Meanwhile, there are others that can get the job done fast as well.
List of Some Best IPTV Players for iOS Devices
The Apps below works for apple devices such as apple tv, iPhone iPad and iPod
- GSE Smart IPTV
- IPTV Player by Jose Antonio Ortiz
How To Load IPTV Playlist on iPhone/iPad via IPTV Smarters Player
I personally tried this and it is very similar to that of Android. However, the major difference is that IPTV smarters for iPhone doesn’t support directly IPTV playlist loading. It, however, support the loading of IPTV playlist via IPTV server credentials such as url, port, username and password.
What is PTV-Smarters Player?
This is another best IPTV player for iPad and iPhone. The IPTV Smarters Player allows you to watch live and video-on-demand very easily. The app is very simple and the interface is user-friendly. It doesn’t contain any inbuilt channels. The player will play all the videos in the link given by the users.
Features of IPTV-Smarters Player
- Built-in Powerful player
- Live and VOD streaming
- User-friendly application
- Easy to use
- Available on multiple devices
Requirements for loading IPTV Playlist URL on IPTV Smarters iOS version
- First off, Internet connection of-course (at least 5MBs)
- Secondly, you need to get the IPTV account details in the following formats
-host/server: must begin with HTTP. in most cases, it’s like this http://morganlemmy:0000
- You don’t need to Install IPTV Core
- No need to install Third Party Media Player
Steps to Load .M3U IPTV URL on iPhone, iPad or iPod via IPTV Smarters
This guide will also be useful even when you are using other iOS IPTV players.
- First off, download IPTV-smarters from the app store using this link
- Next, Open the app and click on the “+” sign on the top right corner
- Next, fill in your login details on the next page and click on “ADD USER” as shown below
- Furthermore, you may want to activate parental control. otherwise, skip this window
- Finally, your playlist window will load and you can select your program category to start enjoying your channels. It has three major channels categories namely: LIVE, movies, series and so on. see image below:
- Screenshot of how loaded IPTV playlists display on the iptv-smarters player for iPhone
How to Install/load .M3U IPTV Playlist URL on Windows PC and Mac Via VLC player
- To start with, download “vlc media player” for windows32 bit here and download the version for 64bit here
- Similarly, if you are using macOS, download VLC for mac here
- Next, install the software and launch.
- VLC is more than just a media player. It opens live tv streams via a .m3u file or directly. Now,right click on it>>select open with>>select>>VLC.
- Alternatively, to play a regular IPTV network stream(URL) with a VLC player, launch your VLC player>>go to file>> open network>>enter the URL and click on open.
How to Add 3rd-Party IPTV(m3u) File to KODI Media Player
How to Load .M3U/M3U8 IPTV URL manually on either ALPHABOX X4RF or NEW X6+
Where to get Free IPTV Playlist Streams
To be honest, i will say google is your friend here. I have links to some forums but i can’t drop it here. There are so many forums online that drops 1000s of live IPTV URL m3u playlist daily. All you need to do is to search google for “live iptv streams” always check on the ones that are recent.