This post will take you through various applications that you can use to extract/unzip or modify files on your Nokia java phones and other java phones or even Symbian. It is a useful post for program developers and the ambitious ones who wish to modify their java phones. I will be presenting a list of popular Apps Used in modifying JAVA apps. However, I will advise you to exercise with caution while using these apps.
1. Centurion file manager
I have attached the version 6.0.
It packs a windows-like UI and a piece of very nice music and video player too, u can watch videos in full-screen mode too.
Centurion by Hylevich Petr is a file manager for mobile phones. You can copy, move, delete, and rename files. It lets you create zip files, and you can extract zip and rar archives.
it Is a multitasking file manager. (you can minimize the player, viewer, and thus extract archives). You can create groups of music. files.
- Image viewer and simple editor;
- Working with tar, tar.gz, rar, zip and jar archives;
- Jad – generator
- Built-in audio and video player.
- Converter from mp3 to wav.
- 0 – Return to the list of disks
- 1 – Select;
- 3 – Select;
- *- Change of language.
Language: Russian, English
Manufacturer: Hylevich Petr
download centurion_v7_0(276.69 kB)
2. About BlueFtp Lite & Blueftp
Use your cell phone to browse, explore, and manage files of any Bluetooth ready device (File Transfer Profile – OBEX FTP)! Download, upload, explore, search, edit, create, delete and rename files and folders on your phone, PDA, palm, notebook, PC, photo viewer, music player and so on; using an easy, fast and intuitive user-interface (GUI). Transfer or delete many files and entire folders at once, with a single keypress, using the multiple selection features. Search files across filesystems, using rapid and customizable parameters. Explore hidden files, or make your personal data private and/or read-only, using the attributes editor (local filesystem only). Cut, copy and paste files and folder across filesystems. Save your favorite devices in the bookmark list, to speed-up the connection procedure. Require: MIDP 2.0 and CLDC 1.1.
Main features of BlueFTP
- Works on almost all phone models with MIDP 2.0 and CLDC 1.1 support, using a single JAR file;
- Easy to use, fast and straightforward user-interface (GUI), powered by Medieval GUI system;
- Complete touch-screen support with built-in “double click” event implemented;
- Shortcut keys improve user usability and speed-up your GUI experience;
- You can create, extract and manage ZIP / TAR / GZ / JAR / THM / NTH / UTZ files easily (local filesystem only);
- Unique fullscreen mode (presskey), to remove top/bottom bars and enlarge working area;
- Cool and intuitive menu system (press  or [MENU] key) to execute extended functionality;
- Multiple files and folders selection (press
- Select all, Select none and invert selection options available;
- Search files rapidly and accurately, on both local
BlueFTP Download Links
3. PowerGrasp File manager
Most modern Symbian phones come with a built-in zip file manager, but what about other data compression formats?
PowerGrasp makes and extracts zip, tar, and gz archives.
The bad news: PowerGrasp comes as a mobile Java jar installer. Trying to access the file system (to read and make compressed files) makes our phone pop up a security warning for every file or folder you open. And because PowerGrasp is unsigned there’s no way to tell your phone to stop throwing endless repetitive warnings at you. This makes PowerGrasp unusable on many Nokia.
The good news: you don’t need PowerGrasp. Bluetooth File Transfer Lite can handle zip, tar, jar, nth, and the archives, and you can switch off the security warnings for this program in Symbian’s application manager. If you need to open (but not create) rar files, FreeUnRAR will do the job. Mobilier unpacks zip, rar, and 7z files, and file manager X-plore can extract zip, rar, and jar archives.
Download PowerGrasp from the Link below
4. Mini commander
Version: 4.2 (25.12.2009)
Supported OS: Mobile phone with a file system support, MIDP-2.0, CLDC-1.0
Short description: File manager for mobile phones.
What’s New in This Release:
- Bluetooth client. Work on the Protocol OBEX File Transfer Protocol. Supported operations: copy and delete files and folders create folders.
- FTP client. Supported operations: copying files to a server, reading files from the server, create folders, delete files and folders, renaming. With the renaming can move files from one folder to another, enter the appropriate path.
- Direct copying of files without perepakovki files.
- Rename files and folders in the ZIP-archives. It should be noted that while the entire archive will be rebuilt, but without perepakovki files.
- Setting file extensions to the ZIP-archive, text, video.
- Text for editing, you can open a joystick. The text opens encoded by default, the selected settings.
- The viewer can change the background image to black and white on the back button ‘*’.
- Signal the end of operations (copy / delete / unpacking / zapakovka). On and off in the settings. The volume is a signal in the audio volume, but not below 30%. In addition, you can select the type of signal: IMY or MP3. Minimum time to signal (s) – Since the start of the operation, which is less than the signal is not fed.
- Viewing images and editing of texts in the archive without extracting the disc.
- The cursor changes color when you open a folder.
- Pressing ‘9’ The current panel is set to full screen.
- Pressing ‘9’ retention (9 +) program winding down (or goes in the background). Will does not work on all phones.
- Allocation of folders in bold (to be included in settings).
- Pressing ‘5’ to keep (5 +) in the opposite panel to open the same folder as the current.
- Pressing buttons retention ‘C’ or ‘Call’ in the panels rises up one level.
- Audio shows, along with the approximate size of the file bitrate.
- The new regime display panels (selected in the settings), where the active panel took 2 / 3 the width of the screen.
- The images in the viewer information about the file now show the original image size in pixels. The rectangular background of inscriptions replaced by a border (characters obvedeny opposite color).
- Experimental support for touchscreens. Included in the settings. It works only in the main window with the panels. The menu does not work.
Options ‘Max. Size for viewing’ and ‘Max. Amount to the editor of’ replaced with ‘Hi. Text Size’ and ‘Max. Size of the text for the form of editing.’ ‘Hi. Text Size’ specified in kilobytes, and the mean maximum size of the file that can be downloaded into the browser and word processing. If the value is 0, then tries to open the text of any length. ‘Hi. The size of the text for editing forms’ are in bytes (may not be less than 64) and refers to the maximum size of the block of text, which can be opened in the form of text when you press 4 (text from the screen) in a text editor.
Button 5 in a text editor now opens the text as follows: if the current position (the beginning of the text on the screen) corresponds to the beginning of the text, it opens for editing the entire text, or only from the current position to end. If you receive a block size greater than ‘Hi. The size of the text for the form of editing (in the settings), this value is ignored. There is no guarantee that the text will open, because a longer block may not be enough memory or not enough buffer size in the form of editing.
·Mini Commander Download Links
MiniCommander v4.2.zip(224.53 kB)
5. Archiver Abhinav
It is a powergrasp mod. This update brings a lot of new features like improved handling of rar files , better compression, faster compression and file opening.
Moreover, as usual, you can open zip , rar , tar , thm files on your phone as well as create them.We have added support for Bada OS Samsung Wave phone as well, apart from java platform. We now support all major phones from Sony Ericsson , Nokia ,Motorola
download ArchiverAbhinav3.5(180.71 kB)
6. Mobile rar
MobileRar unpacks Rar, 7z, Zip files on phones Siemens x55-75, SE750, M398, etc.
MobileRar unrar, un7z and unzip archives for mobile Siemens x55-75, SE750, M398, …
Rar Uncompress files versions 2.9 and Zip archives of any size.
Do not unpack Rar files versions 2.9 + which one of the conditions:
1. The unpacked file size inside the archive exceeds the size of the phone (1 MB for x65-75, 0.5 Mb for SE750, 0.25 Mb, and less for other models).
2. The total uncompressed size of files within the continuous (solid) archive exceeds the size
of the phone (as a solid archive is essentially a single file).
3. An archive compressed maximum compression method.
4. In some cases, not unpacks exe and dll files, compressed
with a filter.
Do not decompress 7zip archives if:
1. The total uncompressed size of the files inside the archive exceeds the size of the phone.
2. You are not LZMA compression method.
3. In some cases, not unpacks exe files (x86 because there is no filter).
download MobileRar(41.56 kB)
those are the most important file managers for java phones I will advise you to use the tools with care and use it only at your own risk. In fact, use it only if you know how to use it. Best of luck