Sometimes last year, I published an article on the legality or otherwise of IPTV. God so good, that article went viral on the internet. I explained a whole lot on why IPTV can cause legal issues. You can create time to read that article here. Today, we shall be acquainting ourselves with matters that bother on Legal vs secure IPTV viewing. Two questions arise from this key phrase.
- Does legal/legitimate IPTV exist? If yes, what are legal IPTV subscriptions?
- How can I subscribe to an IPTV service that is safe and secure?
- IPTV and its quest for Legitimacy / Legality – Is it totally legal?
- How to access a US video streaming services like hulu, PS vue, Amazon, outside the US
Legal vs secure IPTV viewing: definition of terms
What is legal IPTV subscription?: Legal IPTV subscription is a situation whereby you are using your Internet Protocol television (IPTV) service as permitted by law. You can also define it as a situation where your IPTV usage is allowable or in conformity with the law of the land. Legal IPTV is simply the opp of illegal IPTV viewing. If you are utilizing any IPTV services that is not violating any intellectual properties of any person or group, then you are using a legal IPTV subscription.
In addition to the above, your usage of legal IPTV cannot cause any injury to anyone. Even if it does, you are covered by the law and free from legal actions. Secure IPTV does not necessarily translate to legal IPTV. An IPTV subscription maybe secures, safe but illegal. Now let us consider the word “secure IPTV viewing”.
What is secure or safe IPTV viewing?
By secure IPTV subscription, we mean a situation where your subscription is certain to remain safe and unthreatened, Protected against threats. You can compromise your security if you subscribe to insecure IPTV. In a nutshell, a legal IPTV service is secure most of the time while a secure IPTV may not be legal. Security in this context relates to the user’s private properties. In the next sub-section, I will list various legal IPTV subscription that I can come up with.
Requirements for legitimate IPTV subscriptions
To determine if an IPTV subscription is legal or otherwise is pretty easy. All you need to do is to follow the two steps below:
- Get the subscription directly from the content providers. For example, if you want to watch DStv Nigeria super sports channels, subscribe to DStv now. If you want sky sports, get sky sports live service and so on.
- Pay only to the content providers and not to any other group.