You will love this post If you own a legal streaming service account outside the countries where you can use it. For example, if you are an expatriate in a non-US, UK, or Canadian county, this article will greatly benefit you. Together, we will be addressing how to stream IPTV without traces. Before we proceed, I am disclaiming any misinterpretation of this article. IPTV streaming & Geo-restriction countries, VPN services to the rescue.
I am not going to recommend any particular IPTV service. However, if you have issues accessing your IPTV channels from a particular location, This article will help you. Every consumer wants value for his or her investment. For example, consider a US resident who newly subscribes to the Directv streaming service and is made to travel outside the US suddenly. This means he is bound to forfeit is subscription. Such an individual is bound to lose on two fronts: 1. The money spent on subscription and 2. Missing out on favorite programs while still out of the US.
List of video streaming services that work only in the USA
We have many wonderful video streaming services in the world. Most of these are enjoyed only by US residents. I will briefly list the major ones here.
- Youtube TV
- Hulu: this is one of the most stubborn to watch outside the US. You can’t even watch it directly via Kodi.
- Netflix: Available in many countries other than; China, Crimea, Syria, and North Korea.
- Bein connect : This is also a subscription package available only for areas where the cover is legal.
Amazon prime video: Imagine I am a Prime subscriber, and i cannot currently watch my Prime video with my IP address. I need a VPN to have a chance.
PlayStation Vue: The US only
Sling TV: US only
DirecTV Now YouTube
- Acorn TV
- CBS all access
- Kodi: This is a trendy name among people of developing countries and modest income earners.
To start with, I want to bring it to your notice that 99% of the services listed above are geo-restricted. Geo-restriction implies that for the same online streaming service, you’ll get one type of content in one country and another type of content in another country. Some 85% are geo-blocked. PS Vue, Hulu, and foot.tv are all totally blocked from access outside the US. Now, why will anyone want to stream IPTV anonymously? Learn this in the next sub-topic.
Why use a VPN to Solve the Issues of IPTV streaming & Geo-restriction areas?
The following are why people occasionally or often use a video streaming service outside and away from the supported country.
- If you are an expatriate in a land other than the US: This is the most obvious reason why many people want to access US-only video sites outside the US.
- Similarly, your relation in the USA might share their subscription details with you. The only way to access this will be to look for a means to bypass the geo-restriction
- To cut bills on cable or satellite subscriptions. This is more pronounced in developed countries than in Africa. The cost of subscribing to a Pay-TV is more expensive than streaming content.
- Moreover, you may opt to subscribe to a video streaming service in other to access content that is not receivable locally. For example, If you want to watch HBO or Showtime in Nigeria, you can only do that through IPTV
- To have a taste of what your friends in the US are enjoying.
- Furthermore, you may wish to subscribe to a video streaming service outside the US to be eligible for some US-specific features. Explaining this further, the USA PlayStation account offers more features than that of China or South Africa.
- Flexibility and convenience: It is more convenient to watch your video content anywhere there is an internet connection.
- The Kodi effect: Despite the fact that Kodi is available everywhere, there are some preloaded Kodi apps like Hulu, HBO now, and so on that will refuse to work with a non-US IP address.
Best methods for accessing video streaming services outside the US
We have two major ways of accessing geo-locked or geo-restricted content. These two methods are very effective and safe.
- By using a great VPN network
Let me digress briefly by talking briefly about why we use a VPN.
Why do we use VPNs for our online activities?
- Firstly, and most importantly, avoid a Copyright infringement notice from your ISPs: This is a common occurrence if you are in the EU or the US. Your internet traffic is monitored, and if care is not taken, you will be tracked by your network provider and issued a copyright infringement notice.
- It is important that you stream anonymously: I mean being able to browse, download, and stream anonymously. Your IP address can’t be tracked by the servers you’re downloading from since the servers see the VPN server that the traffic is routing through. Kodi is not anonymous, for example.
- In order to bypass geo-blocking, they will only serve streams to users in a certain set of countries. If you use a VPN, you can bypass this.
- Furthermore, to get access to software updates when due: In case you don’t know, services are updated based on certain criteria, which include giving priorities to some countries over others.
- Fortify yourself against hacking using Kodi: In case you don’t know, the hacker can also be hacked. As an open-source software, Kodi exposes it to easy manipulations by the bad guys of the cyber world. You often get adware while browsing through Kodi’s content. Using a VPN with Kodi will reduce the chances of getting hacked.
But people increasingly use VPN service providers to unblock content more than protect their privacy.
What is a VPN?
VPN is a common name for Virtual Private Network. This network uses different protocols and data encryption to increase the security of your online presence. Some of the protocols used in VPNs include PPTP, L2TP, SSTP, and the newest one, OpenVPN.
Moreover, The quality of the data protection you receive depends on the encryption length, which can be anywhere from 64bit to 1024bit. Most of the VPN providers use 256-bit encryption. In simpler terms, VPN providers allow you to browse the internet anonymously through their international servers. This also helps with other aspects different than security.
List of some best VPN services around
- Vyprvpn: I have personally used this, and it is very effective. It is one of the most potent VPNs to bypass China censorship and Hulu.
Using a SmartDNS Service to access Video streaming Services outside the US
To start with, I will not go recommend a smartDNS service over a VPN service. They both anonymize but one is cheaper and more secure than the other. In addition, you have more features in a VPN than in a smartDNS service. I have two smart DNS providers capable of doing the job at hand.