In today’s post, I will be explaining in a detailed tutorial on how you can install any apk and data that you get from third-party sites. In simpler terms, if you peradventure get a game outside the play store you are in the right place. This article will be useful for those installing unmodded and for those installing modded apk & data.
- Easiest method to determine where place your data on Android
- Trick to Install and run (.nes/.jar/.jad) Games & Apps on Chinese non-Android Phones-E.g iTel phones
- All time big and small Offline soccer/football games for Android and iOS
Why considering installing modded apk & data in the first place
For the purpose of the new android fans, let me quote an extract from androidcentral.com
An APK file holds the contents of an Android app; inside it is everything needed to install and use. This APK file is stand-alone and can be downloaded to your phone’s storage or SD card. Clicking on it will install it once you’ve enabled the permission to install apps from Unknown sources from your phone’s settings. (downloaded from somewhere that’s not the Play Store). You’ll find APK files hosted in plenty of places on the web. The act of installing an app using this APK method is called ‘sideloading
Now, why should you download a game or an app outside google play store? Firstly, you make it a matter of duty to download only from trusted communities or developers. There are so many good reasons and also a couple of unclean reason for sideloading APK. The issue of piracy as regard sideloading of an app is up to the developer. Some developers roll out the apps for testing in their beta form before releasing the stable version on play store. Some host the app on their site as well as google play store. This article is not about the pirate effect, it is simply about how to.
The following reasons appeal to most people who download from 3rd party sites
- For jailbreak purposes: Not all Android rooting tools are available. Many of these tools can be found on Xda-developers forum
- In another instance, the Apk(which you enjoyed so much) is no longer available on the play store
- Also, you may decide to download from a 3rd party site because the game is not supported in your country officially. This is the case with pes 2017.
- You need the custom/modded version of the Apk because your phone only has the capacity to install the custom version
- You can only find the latest version of the app on the play store whereas you prefer the older version. For example, you cannot get FIFA 12, 14 or 15 on play store. Although there are many sites online
- You lost a particular game due to change of phone or a phone reset and you need it back
- To prevent the app’s developer from cheating you so you want to test it first before buying it.
- Or, maybe, the updates to that game is not coming fast enough to your phone’s Android OS version
The Requirements to install modded apk & Data from Unknown Sources
- You must check the allow installation from “unknown sources” this can be found under settings
- Secondly, need the apk + the obb file inside a folder or yours may involve the apk + the files folder
- Also, make sure you have a file decompressing app on either your phone or pc. Learn more about how to extract a file here
- Furthermore, download the complete file if you are asked to do so by the uploader. In other words, if you see Apk and data separately, then download both. On the other hand, if you see only the apk and you view the installation guide which states that you need to download additional data via the apk, so be it.
- Lastly and the most important, you need a compatible phone with the right specs for the app you are trying to install.
Breaking down the apk sideloading process
- Seldomly, you may need to download a modded apk. While this is a kind of double-edged sword, I will say you should tread with caution.
- Similarly, you have enough space that can occupy the data of the game. Don’t download a game that is 2gb big while your available storage is 2.7gb
Steps to Installing Modded Apk & data
We have four methods by which we can install both modded and unmodded Apk and data:
- Via computer
- You can also use a combination of both play store and phone to complete the installation
- Finally, you can install via phone only.
- Seldomly, you need three files altogether vis apk + obb + another.
Scenario 1: installing via your computer
- Download your apk and data to your computer. Preferable to your desktop.
- Connect your phone to your pc via the USB cable and select media storage, file transfer depending on your phone.
- Open the phone’s internal memory and locate the “Android folder”
- Depending on the file you downloaded, after extracting the file, you will see a folder named “OBB” or named “files”. If you have the obb folder, first install the apk to your phone but don’t launch it. Next, copy the entire “obb” folder into the following path/directory. Android>>obb. In the event that you do not have the obb folder, manually create one. Now if you have the game data in the “files” folder, copy the file folder into Android>>data directory.
- After copying the file to the corresponding directory, launch your game or app and it will run smoothly.
Scenario 2: Installing modded apk & data via Android Phone
- You may have a situation whereby you download all the files via your phone’s browser. Or let me say you don’t even have access to a computer. Just follow the above instructions for pc to install on your phone. Locate the path where you download the data, extract the file and copy it to the appropriate folder. Using pes 2017 as my case study, observe the following pictures very carefully.
Note: Apk files and their corresponding data are extremely case-sensitive. On no account should you rename any file w the folder or the folder itself?
Some exceptional cases: I have three files(i.e one apk and 2 folders)
In some uncommon situation(this is common with old games and all asphalt titles), you may have two folders and 1 apk. What you will do in such situation is this: Check the content of the folders. If you have files, put it inside android>>data, if you have an obb file, put it inside android>>obb. However, if you have “Gameloft” or “games” or Glofta*HM“. This is how you go about it. For Gameloft folder, place it in the root of your internal storage, For games, place the folder inside the Gameloft folder. Of course, if you have like GloftA*HM folder( the * could be 5,6,7 or 8) Place this inside gameloft>>games.
Scenario 3: When you try to run the apk, you get the following message “You needs to download additional data from play store”
These can happen due to a number of reasons. I will explain all of them.
- You have just downloaded the wrong data for your apk. You have two fixes here. if you have the most current data, just look for the most recent apk and your problem will be solved. Warning, before you uninstall any app, first back up your data otherwise, both the huge data and the app will be gone,
- You may have both the apk and the data in the most recent form yet your apk is not recognizing the data. In this case, check only to see the name of the game file within the obb folder. IF THE ONE ONLINE IS DIFFERENT FROM YOURS, rename accordingly.
How to install using the combo of play store and a 3rd party.
You may have downloaded only a mod apk without data and the instruction says you need to download the obb file. Simply install the app and it will prompt you to start downloading. Accept the prompt and continue. Have a blast