This post was last updated on April 8th, 2020 at 11:11 am
After Microsoft announced that he has stopped producing Nokia Asha phones, iTel(a Chinese company producing basic-feature phones) started rolling out phones that have the ability to outperform Nokia S40 phones. Prior to Nokia’s loss of interest in s40 phones, iTEl, tecno(not android) and a host of other Chinese companies have been giving hem a run for their money. In this article, we shall be discussing how you can install/run .Jar and .nes apps on your Chinese phones.
Unlike the Android operating system and iOS, Java phones don’t have an OS per se. For this tutorial to be of any use to you, please check to see that your handset is Java compatible and that you have a Bluetooth connection or a memory slot card.
Moving forward, this article shall be divided into two: 1. would be a tutorial on how you can install a .jar/.jad file on your Chinese java phone and 2. You won’t be out of luck if your phone supports .nes apps as will be given you some tips on how to install .nes games on your phones as well.
What is a JAVA J2ME Phone?
Worthy of note that Nokia s40(now largely discontinued) made popular the term “Java phones” By way of description,
Types of popular Java phones that we still have around
An overview of iTel phone lineups and their prices in Nigeria
How to check if you have a phone is a Java Phone
- Visit the phone’s manufacturer page to view the full specifications. If your is a Java phone, it will be specified as shown above
- Send any file that has a .jar or .jad extension to the phone over the Bluetooth or via your PC
- Check your pre-installed app’s properties by completing the following steps:
=> Scroll to any installed app on your phone. You have to use a file manager(E.g Blueftp, Fexplorer) or something to be able to see details of the file. Do not open the app.=> Choose options/menu, then click properties/details. You should see details like file size, date installed, file type e.t.c. You will also see the file extension here.
- look out phone any installed app by the name “Java” see below picture
Methods of Install/run .Jar and .nes Apps on iTel and similar phones
Firstly, you must have predetermined whether your phone is a java phone or not. If yours is itel but not java, then it is likely a phone that supports .nes games and app. The followings are the working ways of installing a .Jar or .Jad app on non-Android Java phones like iTel.
- Obviously, the most secure and reliable method is to use your phone internet browser directly. You can browse the website where your Jar files can be found and download it with your internet browser. The installation process will start after a prompt and you will be able to use the app thereafter.
- Method 2: Get another phone to help you download and send the .jar/.jad app to your phone via Bluetooth. In fact, you can even do this with another Java phone. Read about how you can use a java phone to send a java installation file here.
- Thirdly, you can download the file with your PC and copy it to your phone’s memory card(if yours is having one). Next, locate the file and click on it to start the installation. Once this is completed, make sure you restart your phone before opening the app.
- Method 4: You will need a card reader, a phone that features a memory slot card and a memory card. Put the memory card into a card reader and place the Java application you want to install on the phone in the root directory. Do not put the file into any directory, unless you are certain that your phone can read it afterwards. Pull out the memory card and insert it into your phone. Next, Start the File manager that you previously installed (Fexplorer/Blueftp) and go to the location of the file on your memory card. Now, click on it and the installation process will start. After you’re done you can delete the .JAR file from your memory card to save space.
List of Trusted websites where you can Download Virus free .Jar and .Jad Apps
How to Install a .Nes game to non-Android phones that don’t support .Jar and .Jad files
In case your phone only supports the installation of NES games and Apps(.nes). The following guide will help you get and install such apps into your type of phone.
Quickly follow the processes below to learn how to:
1. Go to memory card,
2. Go to Games Folder (It May be GAME Also), (If Not Create GAMES Folder),
3. Copy *.nes Games in GAMES Folder,
4. Then Just Go To Fun & Games Folder,
5. In Fun & Games Folder Go To GAMES Folder or EMUD GAME Folder There Will Be Your Games Available. I Think China Mobile Has No Refresh Option in GAMES / EMUD GAME Folder. Dont Worry Just Open EMUD GAME or GAMES there you can see all your Games