This post was last updated on June 12th, 2020 at 11:38 am
If you are the type that still relishes some outstanding games on your Gameboy advance console then this tutorial will get you started on how you can install Gameboy advance games on Nokia Symbian s60v2, s60v3, s60v5 or Symbian 3. Mind you, the game extension will either end with .gba and .vnes.
This process is made possible with the help of an emulator called vBag.
Especially Relevant: Top 8 Symbian Applications that will Tempt you to Hack Your Symbian Phone
What is vBag?
vBag is a GameBoy Advance emulator that can play GBA games on your mobile phone.
vBagX is the latest version of vBag.
Features of vBag and vBagX
- Works perfectly For S60v3 and some S60v2, full speed with perfect sound effects for most games
- Big rom size support (full support for 32M from)
- Each rom with 5 save/load slots
- Speed adjustment option and frameskip option
- Graphics mode option (origin,full, landscape, landscape origin)
- Save/Load in games (flash,eeprom,sram up to 128K)
- Keymap setting
- Sound volume switch
- Thread priority option
- Two Graph Output Mode: bitmap mode (default), direct mode(speed improved, but some phones not supported)
Updates from vBagX 1.20 S60v3
- Fix some emulation bugs (some unaligned ldm/jump, thumb blh jump)
- Fix some compatibility problems. Provide an option for user selection speed/compatibility. Mode 3 is very slow and is not recommended.
- Sound is more smooth when speed is enough. Make sure speed option is normal (not fast) to let sound smooth
- Media key support (on s60v3, the app can only capture volume up/down now)
- Simple cheat file support 5. Simple cheat file support. For ABC.gba, write a cheat file named ABC.gba.cht. Its content format is as follows:
this means it locks [0x2002A46] to byte 0x0A, locks [0x3006FA2] to halfword 0x6C, locks [0x2004250] to word 0x63
- If your Nokia Symbian mobile is among Nokia Series 60v3 and s60v5 ( N97, 3250, 5500, 5700, N71, N73, N80, N91, N92, N93, N95, E50, E60, E61, E70, etc), you should download vBagX 1.12 S60v3.
Especially Relevant: EASIEST WAY TO INSTALL N-GAGE GAMES ON NOKIA S60V3 / S60V5 PHONES
Instructions on how to Install Gameboy Advance Games on Nokia Symbian
The link to the emulator for all versions is and the end of the post
- First off, make sure your ROM file ends with “.gba”, and send them to the mobile phone via Bluetooth or USB or card-reader.
- If you install vBagX on your MMC card, please put the ROMs into the folder “MMC:\data\Others\vBag”;
- However, if you install vBagX on your phone memory, please put the ROMs into the folder “C:\Others\vBag”. I strongly recommend you install vBagX on MMC.
- You can google out vbagx for s60v2 phones it is version 1.20
Now, for the game ROMs you can always trust google on that however if you need help, you can try out the following links for the free ROMs in .gba format download most of it here: