This post was most recently updated on September 6th, 2017
Description of Huawei USB modem plus MiFi combo
Huawei E8372-608 dongle is not only a 4G modem, it can work like a WiFi router, its function is very similar to Huawei E8278 wifi modem. When plugging it to a power adapter or mobile power bank. It could broadcast Wi-Fi signal and allow you to securely connect up to 10 devices, including tablets, computers, mobile phones and gaming devices, to the 4G mobile network or when you’re on the move via Wi-Fi and 1 via USB interface.
- The actual Wi-Fi support is 802.11 b/g/n, up to 10 devices.
- LTE FDD cat.4, data service of up to DL 150 Mbit/s/UL:50 Mbit/s DC-HSPA+ downlink data service of up to 43.2 Mbit/s
- HSPA+(also known as 3.75g) downlink data service of up to 21.6 Mbit/s
- HSDPA data service of up to 14.4 Mbit/s.
- HSUPA data service of up to 5.76 Mbit/s WCDMA data service of up to 384 kbit/s EDGE packet data service of up to DL 296 kbit/s, UL 236.8 kbit/s.
- GPRS packet data service of up to 85.6 kbit/s LTE/UMTS/GSM Short Messa
Features & details of Huawei USB modem plus MiFi combo
- 4G LTE Unlocked GSM Carrier GSM
- It supports USSD and SMS
- LTE FDD: Band1(2100 MHz)/Band3(1800 MHz)/Band5(850 MHz)/Band7(2600 MHz)/Band28(700 MHz) /UMTS: Band1(2100 MHz)/Band5(850 MHz). I have tested it with MTN, GLO and Etisalat successfully
- You will have only 2G On Tmobile Metro(that is if you are a Tmobile metro sub) PCS Simple Mobile Ultramobile.
- The modem uses a micro Sim card which is now the standard Sim card around. Hotspot Service is required.
- Up to 10 to 15 via Users Wifi.
- Comes with a Micro SD card slot (up to 32 GB) 2FF SIM slot.
My review of Huawei E8372h-608- Configuration, and management of the devices
I talk about what I have seen and used. Am currently using this device. When I received this device, I was so disappointed with the package and lack of a user manual. I conducted a thorough research on it and today, I know the in and out of Huawei E8372h-608. My guide will include pictures and it will be useful for Huawei E8372h-607 and Huawei E8372h-609 users as well.
After the initial disappointment with the poor packaging and lack of a user manual, I set to work immediately. I first tested this on my Qsat decoder and it works fine in USB 3G mode.
Next, I connected it to my computer and it automatically auto-install without having to run any additional software. You will receive a welcome page from where you can select your language around 42 languages. They have an online user manual which is accessible via the device’s admin dashboard.
The first thing you need to do is to insert your Sim card. Once you select your language, you will be prompted to log in. choose “admin” as the login and “admin” as your password. The device gets connected automatically within 28 to 30 seconds depending on your network strength
Also, on the homepage, you will see an overview of your connections like current connection, WLAN and SD sharing status. If your modem doesn’t start up automatically on your computer, visit this URL in your browser “http://192.168.8.1/html/home.html” Open the sim cover to get your Default wifi key. You need to change it after your first login.
Huawei USB modem plus MiFi combo-The Car mode
This usb+wifi stick was shipped to me with a USB car charger which worked perfectly. Just plug it into your car’ 12v charging adapter as shown below:
Huawei E8372h_608- statistics window overview
This device has one of the most accurate data plan calculation and monitoring. With this wonder of a USB stick, you are from your ISPs exploitation. I am currently calculating all my data accurately. It has a section for current volume and duration, and also that of total volume and duration. I am always more concern about the total volume. The total volume represents all the total data you have transferred on that particular Sim card
In addition to the above, you can view the list of WLAN clients as well as those whom you block from using your connection.
Huawei E8372h_608 usb + wifi stick- SMS
This Huawei USB modem plus MiFi combo stick come with an SMS feature. You can send and receive SMS on this stick. Nothing spectacular about this.
Huawei E8372h_608-USSD and Update window
There are two boxes here. The small box represents where you will input your number and dial. The second and larger box will display the results of your USSD code. Here you can quickly load your recharge voucher or check your data balance. For example, to check 9mobile balance, you need to dial *228#. Similarly, you can check for the latest software version on the update window.
This is the most important aspect. If you want to save your self a lot of hassles, simply choose the quick-setup option. However, if you will rather do a deeper modification, then continue reading. I will start with the quick setup option.
Still, under the settings window/page of this device, you need to click the dial-up sub-menu. This is where all your connection settings are.
Settings>>dial up>>mobile connections
settings>>dial up>>profile management
Huawei E8372h_608- WILAN Settings
Firstly, you must not skip this setting if you want to use your modem as a WiFI router/hotspot securely. This is where you can change your wifi password, customize your wifi name(also known as SSID, and a host of other features.
Settingss>>security>>firewall switch/special application
As expected, it will be heart-rendering to go through all the troubles above and come short at the end of the day, security-wise. You need to secure your connection further. Although you can do a whole lot, I however choose to only enable all the options under Firewall switch.
The system option of the settings is very easy to set up. Apparently, this is the section where you change your password, reboot your device and so o. Next, we have the sharing page which is primarily where you monitor the files on the SD card you inserted into the modem.
This is an innovation. Huawei now has an app for Android and iOS to manage their routers. I downloaded this and it has been a jolly ride all the way. Almost all features(save some core security features) that are available on the web dashboard are present here.
furthermore, you can either download via the links provided in the device dashboard under app mgt or use a QR code scanner.
I addition to the above, their mobile app has an intuitive interface. The major menu on the app is device button(where you can see an over view of your usage). There is also the tool menu. Under tools, you have links to SMS, scan, share, and storage. Also, on your right corner, you have the settings button. Under the settings, you manage your account, network, check for updates, limit your data usage and so on.
Basic troubleshooting of Huawei-USB-modem-plus-MiFi-combo
Surprisingly, in the course of gathering materials to be used for this article, I ran into trouble with the device. I totally forgot my admin password hence I was denied access to the dashboard. I later found out how to reset this.
- Firstly, to reset the password, connect your modem to any USB interface that can power it, get a needle, open the sim/sd card cover>>pop and hold the needle into the tiny hole marked as reset until you feel a click sound>>do not release the needle until you see that your modem has rebooted. Now setup your device as new using the default admin password and default wifi key.
- Secondly, and this goes to any Mfi/wifi routers that you might have. Immediately you buy one, take a picture of the password key and the URL and store them safely. Eventually, all there imprints/inscriptions will rub off due to use.
Where can I buy this wonderful model
The simplest answer is online. If you are a standalone satellite decoder owner, you need something like this. In your own case, you might need to be online always like me, you may consider this. In addition, you want an effective 4g modem that can take on any Sim card worldwide, look no further.
Openly, I have supplied the name and model of the device. go and search for it. I got mine for below $60. If you have no luck getting one, you may contact me. Conclusively, expect more reviews of outstanding gadgets from me.