Unlike Android smartphones like Samsung, HTC, Sony and the likes. e.t.c which can send applications through Bluetooth. Nokia Symbian phones cannot send raw files of any file extensions via a Bluetooth connection without using any 3rd party software such as “Xplore”. The list of these protected includes any .jar, sis or .sisx files through Bluetooth. This tutorial will teach you how to send protected Apps with a Symbian phone via Bluetooth. y default, if you attempt to send any file via Bluetooth from your Nokia Symbian file manager you will get following error messages “Unable to send protected object”
This method will help you send protected Apps such as .sis, .jar, or .sisx via Bluetooth from your phone’s file manager. Furthermore, files such as games can be transferred from phone to phone
using bluetooth. And you won’t get the following error message “Unable to
send protected object” anymore when you try to send an installation file via Bluetooth, With this method, I was able to send protected Apps from my phone to another phone.
Steps on how to send protected Apps from Nokia Symbian phones(Without any software)
*The following steps should be taken on the phone using file manager:
1. Firstly, change the extension of the protected file you are trying to send by renaming it to
“.mp3”. eg :- ‘HelloOX2.v2.03.Unsigned.sis’ to ‘HelloOX2.v2.03.Unsigned.mp3’.
2. Step two: Select ‘send via Bluetooth’ and transfer the file to the other phone.
3. Open the Bluetooth message and it will open using the media player. You may get an “unable to play media clip”, error message, ignore this. At this point, what you need to do is to save the file to either your memory card or in the phone memory.
4. Next, go to the directory you saved the file in and rename it and change it to the original file extension.
eg :- ‘HelloOX2.v2.03.Unsigned.mp3’ to ‘HelloOX2.v2.03.Unsigned.sis’
5. Lastly, run the application and all other things being equal, it will work perfectly.
Important notice: Some specific Nokia Symbian phones are unable to open the Bluetooth message and
save it. To fix this, it is advisable to download and reinstall real player, which enables the phone to open and save the Bluetooth message.
If you encounter any problem, please drop your comment below/