This post was last updated on May 8th, 2020 at 09:12 am
Just like major smartphones like Nokia Symbian, Android, and iOS Devices, you can as well hack/unlock your Nokia s40 java phones. Now when I am talking about Nokia s40 I am talking about old and new Nokia java phones such as Nokia3110c, Nokia x2, c3, asha 201, 301 e.t.c. And what I am focusing on in this post is how to unlock Nokia S40 Phones. I hereby present 3 methods of hacking your s40, s40v3, s40v5 Nokia java phones
Introduction to the benefits of unlocking Nokia S40 Phones
Through a custom User certificate being installed on your Nokia S40 java phone, you can now run any Java application that you can personally sign in your PC.
This method lets you bypass permission questions like “Allow network access? This “application is not from a trusted supplier.” If done correctly, this will get rid of the annoying questions or security prompts from java application. I will provide some screenshots.
- A Personal Computer (Desktop/Laptop) with the following software installed:
- DOWNLOAD OxyCube or from this link
This two PC software is used to access Nokia S40 hidden system files. Either of the two will work fine with your phone.
- In addition, Download behappy. This PC software will allow us to sign our java applications. Extract it later.
- Lastly, Download Darkman.zip. The Darkman Certificate (Is also known as a hacker’s certificate to some web articles). Then extract the zip file.
- An S40 phone I personally tested it on Nokia 3120 Classic phone. It works finely with S40v5 and newer s40 phones.
- Phone USB Cable
Steps to Unlock Nokia S40 Phones
- Install OxyCube or MobiMB Media Browser on your PC. Get to know more about the software I just mentioned.
- Next, go there to phone “C:\Hiddenfolder\certificates\user” and extract and copy the contents of user.zip to the above path after copying files from the zip archive. “C:Hiddenfoldercertificatesuser”, install the certificate by double-clicking on it. It’ll guide you step by step to perform the installation. After the certificate’s been installed, restart your phone.
- Install “BeHappy“. To use this app, you need a Java app. Drag and drop the java app file (xxx.jar) to the BeHappy Window. I used File Explorer Java App here. The filename is “FileExplorer.jar“.
An xxx.jad file will be created then–FileExplorer.jad
- Rename the two files now–the xxx.jar and xxx.jad to “xxx_jar” and to “xxx_jad“. Just replace the
“.” (dot) with “_” (underscore). FileExplorer.jad to FileExplorer_jad and FileExplorer.jar to
FileExplorer_jar. Now, Save the two renamed files to Memory Card or Card Reader. Just make sure you copy and paste the files into the root directory.
- From your phone, go to the Menu>>Gallery>>Memory Card. There verify the files you earlier copied from your PC. You should be able to see the two files: FileExplorer_jad and FileExplorer_jar with icons
marked with question marks.
- Now, Highlight first the FileExplorer… “filename alphabetical .jad” .jar. After highlighting, press
options then rename.
“_” (underscore) FileExplorer_jad to FileExplorer.jad.
- Furthermore, Now rename the other file, FileExplorer_jar to FileExplorer.jar after renaming the.jar.
- While renaming, the desired app, Press option then navigate down to Application Access>>Data Access>>Read User Data>> –set it to “Always allowed“
- Do the same to Application Access>>Data Access>>Read User Data>>Add and edit data You can use other apps like BlueFTP, to give your file additional full permission. And under Application access>> Communication. FileExplorer_jar to FileExplorer.jar after renaming the.jar.
You may now try and run the signed Java Application.
Proceed to move the app(s) to your desired location on phone. You can now just repeat the Drag
and Drop method in the Second Step until the Sixth for other java applications you may want to
sign. And do not forget to enjoy this wonderful hack.
Method 2 on how to hack/unlock Nokia S40 Phones
- Install PC Suite and OxyCube The browser on your PC.
- After installation, go to the desktop and click the OxyCube Application.
- Now connect your phone via USB cable and let the oxycube connectivity wizard run.
- Your Phone’s Info will be prompted on the oxycube interface if the
the connection between your Phone and PC was successfully established.
- Now click on file browser and go to path “C:Hiddenfoldercertificatesuser” and extract and
copy the contents of user.zip to this path. After copying files from “user.zip” in “C:Hiddenfoldercertificatesuser “, install the certificate by double-clicking on it.
- It’ll guide u step by step to perform the installation. After the certificate’s been installed, restart your phone.
- Now enjoy running java apps without the irritating “Allow
Access To Network” prompt.
METHOD C: Unlock Nokia S40 Phones
This tutorial will help you to remove the security questions with unsigned java applications. Please Strictly follow the steps.
- First off, download and install the “mobiMb media browser” and “hex editor” in ur PC.
- Install the java application that you want to remove the security prompt in ur mobile.
- Run the application and close it after some time.
- Go to application access>data access>add and edit user data> enable ask every time.
- Go to application access>data access>read user data> enable not allowed Go to application access>data access>add and edit user data> enable not allowed
- Open mobiMb browser you can see a drive named ‘A’, copy the file _jmr_suite_attrib_file.jmr located in A:hiddenfolders to your desktop and rename it into x.jmr
- close moilMb Browser
- take ur mobile and Go to application access>data access>read user data> enable ask every time
- Go to application access>data access>add and edit user data> enable ask every time
- Again open the MobiMb the browser and copy the _jmr_suite_attrib_file.jmr file into ur desktop and no need to rename it.
- open the hex editor and open the above two jmr file..go-to tools and click compare files..click find all difference.
- Then you can find one difference like 01 01 00 and 02 02 00 or something like it
- Change the values in the _jmr_suite_attrib_file.jmr files 01 01 00 to 06 06 00 and save it..make sure that you have edited the values in the _jmr_suite_attrib_file.jmr file…no need to change the value of x.jmr
- copy this edited _jmr_suite_attrib_file.jmr file into ur mobile phone using MobiMB in A:hiddenfolders
- Run the application,
If this has been helpful, please share the post and in case any of the links is broken, please report same here