Let us assume that your Symbian phone which has been hitherto hitch-free, suddenly stops connecting to the internet when using a third-party browser e.g. opera mini, ucweb, qbrowser, or whatever browser you might have installed. It basically keeps on giving you errors “like packet data unavailable”, “internet access unavailable” etc. But when you try to use your Nokia phone’s default browser, you are able to access the internet with it. This post will provide solution apps not connecting to the internet on Symbian
What Causes Apps Not Connecting to the Internet on Symbian
From experience what usually causes this is either a virus or a corrupt phone operating system. I mean if you have all sorts of applications installed on your phone and you also intentionally install incompatible apps, one day your phone will crash and start malfunctioning.
How to Solve This Problem
You can solve this problem in two ways:
- Flash or Hard reset your phone
- Follow my instruction if you think your phone doesn’t require flashing because you cannot see anything else wrong with your phone (most S60v5 phones and some Nokia Eseries phones normally does this e.g E5, 5800 Xpressmusic, 5230, 5250 e.t.c)
Steps to Fix Apps Not Connecting to the Internet on Symbian
- Navigate your way to your Application Manager on your phone (it is under settings in Symbian Belle)
- Once there, scroll to the application you want to use to access the internet you can see from my first screenshot that I used opera mini 7
- Next, tap on the application to open it and scroll to suite settings from the options menu.
- Now, change the way that application connects to the internet by either choosing a specific access point or by putting it at always ask (I will advise you to assign the access point you wish to be used to this application here. See the image above
- Finally, exit your application manager and go back and try your browser. You surely will see that this time around you will be able to access the internet with it.