This post was last updated on June 12th, 2020 at 10:24 am
This post is for the daring and adventurous and it is simply to spice up your Nokia s60v3 phone. I have tested this on my Nokia N95, E65, and 6219c and it worked perfectly. what am I saying here, I am saying is that if you are tired of the monotonous handshake image that is been displayed anytime you power on your Nokia s60v3 phone then I will teach you how you can change this image to any image of your choice. Similarly, if you are fed up with the shutdown sound of Nokia whenever you power off your Nokia phone I will teach you how to also change this.
Note: as much as I have tested this and it was working before posting, I will still one all who wish to follow this trick that you are on your own I mean you are doing it at your own risk. but I assure you that if you follow my tutorial to the last letter, you will not encounter any problem
First is How to Change Your Boot Up Screen & Sound on Nokia Symbian S60v3
The link for the primary requirement for this tutorial is a the bottom of this post so take note of that
when the S60 3rd edition security is broken and when the ROM patcher is available the only real limit for your phone customization is the extent of your imagination.
- DOWNLOAD-RomPatcherPlus_3.1_LiteVersion straight away (warning if you fail to follow instruction it is at your own risk oh)
Steps to Change the Startup Animation of Nokia S60
Here’s how you could change your Start-up animation. YES! It’s the way to get rid of the shaking hands!
- First Enable CAPS OFF OR TURN ON PLAT.SECURITY IN YOUR SECMAN
- Use xPLORE and go to Z:\resource\apps
- Copy the startup.mbm, startup.mif and the rsc file corresponding to your installed language ( For example *.r01 = english, *.r03 = german, etc.) to C:\resource\apps
- Now browse to C:\resource\apps and press ‘8′ on the startup.rXX file. Now you have the hex view of the file.
- Scroll down to line 000050
- change hex value ‘5A’ which stands for ‘Z’ to ‘43′, which will be ‘C’.
- After saving the file, on boot, the device will look in C:\resource\apps for the Startup.mbm and use it!
- CONFIRMED to work on FP1 phones: N82, N95, N95 8GB, E51, E60, E90
- Not working on the 6120, 6290, 5700, N73, N80, N81
I did mine perfectly i use Nokia n958gb
In my package, I included vista bootup screen as a replacement for the Nokia shaking hands (you can change this to any image of your choice but you must be careful as you need to use the same size with the one I uploaded in my zip package) Now extract vista-bootup-screen that is in the zip file you have downloaded
Steps to Change the Startup Sound on Nokia Symbian Phones
- First of all Get the package of course!
- Unpack there you will find 101F8763.txt and Startup.mp3
- Put 101F8763 to С:\private\10202be9\101F8763.txt (create folder 10202be9 if doesn’t exists)
- Put Startup.mp3 to E:\Sounds\Simple\Startup.mp3
- That’s all now just restart your phone and you will have a new and very unique start-up sound similar to windows vista. You may edit the “Startup.mp3 file” but remember it must not be longer than 10 sec !!!
Note: If you have a problem with the provided files then you’ll have to do it manually as Follows:
- Go to Z:\private\10202be9\ and copy 101F8763.txt
- Put it С:\private\10202be9\101F8763.txt
- Edit 101F8763.txt, you will find there:
o[Main] remember only change Z:\Data\Startup_tone.aac to E:\Sounds\Simple\Startup.mp3
o0×1 int 1 0 cap_rd=alwayspass cap_wr=alwaysfail
o0×2 int 6 0 cap_rd=alwayspass cap_wr=alwaysfail
o0×3 string “Z:\Data\Startup_tone.aac” 0 cap_rd=alwayspass cap_wr=alwaysfail and so on
4. Put Startup.mp3 to E:\Sounds\Simple\Startup.mp3
Make use of the-start-up-sound-package “Vista – Startup” Sound
How to Change the Shutdown Screen
Now you can get rid of the boring Nokia Shutdown screen. I am talking about the screen which comes when you turn off your phone.
First off, Install ROM patcher first:(remember it is in the package I uploaded)
- Download the “.rmp” file provided.
- Put this “.rmp” file in the “patches” folder in your MMC (that creates a folder in your memory card and name it patches).
- Now use any shutdown screen provided in the zip file. These shutdown screens are with the extension “.mif”
- Copy this “sysap.mif” file in C:/resource/app/sysap.mif
- Apply the patch.
- If all goes well, you will see a new shutdown screen.
Download the package below to change the way your s60v3 phone startup or shutdown from the link below