In this post, I will be providing a premodified file that contains the xbox360cemu.ini file that will enable you to use your non-Xbox gamepads/controllers like Logitech rumble, uCom, Topway,e.t.c. to play many pc games that originally don’t support non-Xbox gamepads and as a result will not recognize Generic gamepads. By the time you are done reading this article, you would be able to learn how to edit Xbox 360 emulator v3.O to play Xbox compatible pc games.
List of Some of the Pc Games that works only with Xbox Controller
- Juiced 2: HIN
- Crysis WARHEAD
- GTAIV and V
- MotoGP 08 and newer
- The Club
- Kane & Lynch
- Sega Rally
- Bionic Commando
- SpiderMan Web of Shadows
- Unreal Tournament 3
- Fallout 3
- Flatout 2 Ultimate Carnage
- Lord of the Rings Conquest
Mirror’s Edge (has some mapping bugs)
Tips on how to Edit Xbox 360 Controller Emulator v3.O
To start with, let me warn that you might try it with other pc games but it doesn’t work with all pc games.
Basically, this research was as a result of my inability to play my GTA IV with my Logitech rumble pad. After rigorous research, I came to the realisation that GTA IV especially is designed to work only with Xbox Gamepad by Microsoft. I probed further and i found a breakthrough that is better than nothing. To my delight, there is a package that can emulate the Xbox gamepad so that it can be recognized by Your PC Game and in my case GTA IV. The problem now remains how to edit the .ini file so that you will be able to play the game with your gamepad flawlessly. The .ini file looks like the screenshot below.
XBOX 360 Controller emulator v3.0 for PC games using XINPUT. This program will add more controller support for Games for Windows.
- Tested with Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 & Logitech G25 Racing Wheel.
- The xinput dll file can go by several names, you can rename the dll to those below till you find one that works. Xinput stands for xboxinput while dinput represents DirectInput
Especially relevant: GTAIV uses xinput9_1_0.dll it can also make use of dinput8.dll
How to Configure the .dll Files and the.ini Files inside the xbox360emu Package
- You need a supported pc game
- Download my Package: xbox360emuv3.0
In my package above you will find four files namely:
Steps to edit Xbox 360 emulator v3.O
- Step 1: Make sure you copy everything in my zip file that you downloaded above over to your PC game installation folder. For example, i did this with “Grand Theft Auto IV” whose folder is located in c:/program files or c:/program files (x86) if you are running a 64bit operating system.
Like i said earlier, i have already edited the .ini to a suitable taste however you can manipulate it to your own taste. Secondly, I want to let you know that I used xinput9_1_0.dll in my case and it works perfectly.
- Next, Extract dinput8.dll file to the game.exe directory if you want to hide your controller from the game.
Warning!! **DO NOT REPLACE SYSTEM FILES**
How to Uninstall
Delete xbox360cemu.ini, xinput1_3.dll file.
How to Use:
When the game starts you should hear a beep from your PC speaker.
If you do not have a PC speaker you may not hear the beep, but it will still work.
Play the game as normal.
If this has helped then share it among your friends