This post was last updated on October 7th, 2019 at 11:52 am
Well, necessity is the mother of invention. Strong decoders are such a powerful group of receivers. Even the manufacturer is finding it difficult to control its capabilities. Thanks to modders from crosat like wizkid and Persia for always receiving patch software for strong decoders in order to add new features that you otherwise would think are not possible. In this article, I shall be walking you through how to activate 3G modem on strong decoders.
New strong models such as 4950, 4955 supports 3g modems directly but older strong HD decoders such as 4920 don’t. Don’t worry, I will teach you how to get up and running with these models. soft modders out there who are helping us to get more values for our money on strong decoders. I have attached in this post, a strong receiver software that has support for 3g USB modem/dongle. One of the main reasons you might consider installing 3G USB modem support into your strong decoder is to use cccam accounts.
In the picture above is the interface of my CCCAM Server. Like I always said, please always upgrade your decoder at your own risk because several things can go wrong your which I will not be responsible for.
Here are things that can go wrong during a decoder software upgrade.
- you may be upgrading when electricity is not stable thereby frying your decoder.
- Also, you may use a corrupt USB flash drive to copy the firmware.
- Furthermore, your decoder may be fake and this software should not be installed on any fake strong decoder.
- Lastly, if you load this firmware on the wrong model of strong other than the one mentioned in this article, chances are high that you will fry your decoder. The firmware i attached only work with strong 4920, 4922 and 4922A. Failure to above by the warnings above will definitely lead to you damaging your decoder.
About the 3G Modem Patch Software for Strong Decoders
The new software I am about to give you here adds so many features and beauty to your strong decoder without removing anything whatsoever. Once you load this software appropriately, you are good to go. Below are some of the features it will add to your decoder;
- It restores some audio problems,
- All the Graphical User Interface of your decoder will be changed completely,
- Your Dongle option will either remain intact or be restored
- Solves some decoders not working with dongles
- This firmware only works with strong decoders 4920, 4922 and 4922A
How to Activate 3G Modem on Strong
Here are the steps that will make a 3G internet usb dongle to work with your strong 4920, 4922 and 4930 decoder.
- First off, download and install this firmware on your strong decoder: Download SRT4920_131p_130819_3gmodem
- Next, insert your internet-enabled modem with a 3g powered sim card. Then press menu on your remote, then select system settings as shown below.
- Now, you will be taken to the window above where you will see Ip Settings.
- Proceed to the IP Settings window. Here, you will see the internet protocols where you will select 3g modem from the list. Here, you will also fill in your manual internet profile settings as it is applicable to your internet service provider.
- after entering your APN, Simply press the red button on your remote in order to enable your connection
- You are done, you can now either browse the youtube, maps, news, internet radio on your decoder or simply connect your cccam account on your decoder without using a lan with your pc or without using a router.