Welcome to yet another insightful post out of my arsenal of knowledge. As I usually do, I share things that make life easier. I talk about a cheap alternative to solving a phenomenon. Today, we will share any information that is already a social concern. I am about to be revealing some home remedies that can control tooth decay. I call these “the dentist secrets kits”. These are the basic tools that a dentist will charge you when you visit them for an already confirmed dental problem.
You will agree with me that the best visit you can make to your dentist should be for a regular checkup. Ask those who have had to go and solve one dental problem or the other, you will know that it is not fun. Dental therapy is a very painful experience for the patient and it is something we all should endeavor to avoid. There is a tiny line between “gingivitis(irritation, wellness, and redness of the gums)” and “periodontitis(popularly known as gum disease)”.
in a layman’s language, gingivitis is the younger sibling of periodontitis and one precedes the other. While gingivitis is reversible, periodontitis is not. They are both caused by plaque. There is a smooth flow between all dental problems. One will definitely follow the other. For example, plaque comes before tartar/calculus and this leads to eventual tooth loss.
Enough has been said already about by way of introduction. I will now proceed to introduce to you tools used by the dentist to control some dental conditions. These tools will work for the following conditions.
Must read: How you can prevent quick ejaculation with samsu oil
Oral Conditions That The Home Remedies Recommended Here Can Control
- These home remedies can whiten discolored teeth: Let’s say, you are fond of smoking, drinking coffee, or eating kola nut, or you were practicing poor oral hygiene and you have decided to turn a new leaf. Better still, you simply prefer whiter teeth.
- It can fix your bad breath: Please do not be ashamed of this embarrassing but manmade condition as it can happen to the best of us. Bad breath which is also known as mouth odor occurs in a variety of ways. we have the “temporary bad breath”(E.g morning breath caused by a bad diet the previous night, dry mouth, drugs, disease, or failure to brush and clean your tongue before sleeping. We also have bad breath caused by “fasting”, Also, if you stay in a particular position without opening your mouth for hours, you may also experience this temporary bad breath). Lastly, we have the chronic/acute one that occurs all days all nights. My home remedies can help in any other instances mentioned above apart from bad breath caused by chronic disease.
- Finally, I will also talk about how you can remove plaque and tartar at home using some very cheap concentrates. All in all, you only need to buy any of these items as it relates to your situation and use. You do not need to prepare any mixture or visit any dentist if your case is still under control. In other words, you only need to visit your dentist for regular checkups or when you have an accident that affects your dentition.
Home Remedies That Can Control Tooth decay: Compilation for Complete Proper oral Health
I will start with the basic oral hygiene to the more advanced ones. We have many people who don’t brush their teeth the normal way. Also, we have those who don’t even know the proper dental hygiene. Below are what you need to do at least twice a day as a part of your dental care. Doing what am about to list below and with the proper tools/equipment, you can never have any dental problems caused by poor oral hygiene. We must not wait until there is Gingivitis or periodontitis, cavities, or pockets in our teeth before we act.
How to Clean your Teeth Properly:
- Endeavor to brush your teeth at least twice daily: that is morning and night. Or after every meal if possible.
- If you can afford it, use an electric toothbrush as against a manual one.
- Always place your brush at 45 degrees to your gums. This must be done horizontally.
- Use fluoride toothpaste. Some people especially those with hypersensitive teeth prefer herbal toothpaste though.
- Furthermore, Do not fail to replace your brush every 3 months even if the bristles are not fray
- Always use a surgical tongue cleaner after brushing your teeth and before going to bed at night.
- Lastly, floss your teeth before brushing your teeth. this helps to remove foods that are trapped and unreachable to the brush.
Items that you can use for your daily teeth cleaning
- Electric brushes: The dentist recommends it over manual ones. Do not get me wrong, manual or ordinary brushes are as good. Go with what you are comfortable with usage and budget-wise.
Where To Buy The Home Remedies That Can Control Tooth Decay Online
We have a lot of cheap appliances that can give you a fresher breath and whiter teeth. You can try and source for these from your local stores. However, I recommended that you check on amazon or eBay if you want the top brands. For example, for electric toothbrushes,
Where can you get to buy a good electric brush? As mentioned above, It is closer to you than you envisioned. Just make sure you pick up rechargeable with options to replace the brush heads. below are some pictures of some highly rugged and durable electric brush from top brands. You can also get some on Amazon or eBay or Jumia(if you are in ghana or Nigeria.
1. List Of Some of The Most Popular Rechargeable Electric Toothbrushes
- GreaterGoods Sonic Electric Toothbrush. You can learn more about it here
- Philips Sonicare ExpertClean Bluetooth Rechargeable Electric Toothbrushes
- Fairywill Electric Toothbrush Powerful Sonic Cleaning
fairywill is gentlier or let me say too soft for my liking. it may be just what you need. On the plus side, it offers the mildest vibration feedback and it lasts the longest on a single charge.
2. Toothpaste That is Very Effective in Whitening The Teeth and Clearing Bad Breath
When you are shopping for a toothpastethat can actually whitenen your teach and restore your confidence with respect to bad breath, Crest toothpastes is a household name. I personally love their “crest 3D radiant mint” variant although they have a whole lot of other varients of toothpaste under their belt.
Similarly, you can choose to buy “colgate” or “oralB”. Just make sure any brand you are going with contains fluoride if your focus is on teeth whitening. You should use fluoride toothpaste as much as you can if you have bad breath.
3. You Need A Proper Tongue Scrapper/Cleaner
Don’t Overlook the effectiveness of a tongue cleaner if you are being plagued by “morning bad breath also known as morning breath”
Apparently, I agree that you can clean your tongue with your brush, however, you shouldn’t put away the fact that nothing cleans a tongue better than a tongue cleaner. If you love consuming sticky foods, you might want to consider one. You have many options here but I think I went with one of the cheapest that I could find.
4. Dental Floss Should Be Among Your Oral Hygiene Regimen
Finally, on the must-haves list of kits for your daily dental care, we have the dental floss. You should stop using brooms or any other mouth picks. Dental floss is the way to go and it is very cheap. IT is also 100% safe compare to broomsticks that can hurt your gums. Dentek is a household name but other manufacturers are equally good.
5. Liquid Formula That Can Make You Achieve A Whiter Set of Teeth
Women will love this segemen especially because they are the foremost disciples of whiter teeth and the can go to any extreme to achieve this. For A liquid mixture that can get you that ideal white teeth that you so much seek, you need to have a competent “plaque and tartar remover”. you have two home remedies.
6. Natural Formular That Can Help you Barnish Bad Breath Including morning breath: Using Home Remedies
Generally, bad breath is caused bad a poor dental routine or human activities(e.g when you are on drugs or you are fasting).
However, there is one unfortunate exception known as “morning breath”. Morning breath is so frustrating because it can’t be controlled most times merely by brushing your teeth. However, if you are the lazy type, I have a solution for you. There is a natural therapy that works for 12 hours after use.
I will advise you to try proper oral hygiene like brushing twice, flossing, cleaning your tongue, and avoiding foods with a strong smell like onions, garlic.. at night. And of course, do not breathe with your mouth at night. You may also consider drinking water before going to bed. If symptoms persist after doing all of the above so much so that you get up and run to brush your teeth every morning, please try and get a mouthwash that is alcohol-free. We have many in local stores in Nigeria. Although most of them have alcohol and that is why they don’t work effectively. Have a look at some here. You can’t go wrong with TheraBreath Gluten-Free Fresh Breath Oral Rinse
How to remove plaque and tartar with dentist secret kits
This is coming last not because it is the least important. On the contrary, it is the most important. Plaque is a soft, sticky film that builds up on your teeth and contains millions of bacteria. The bacteria in plaque cause tooth decay and gum disease if they are not removed regularly through brushing and flossing. On the other hand, calculus or tartar is a form of hardened dental plaque. It is caused by the precipitation of minerals from saliva and gingival crevicular fluid (GCF) in plaque on the teeth.
How You Can Remove Stubborn Plaque or Tartar Without Visiting the Dentist
First off, please view how the plaques look like here and that of tartar calculus here. Tartar appears on the teeth when plaque hardens. The good news is that this can be removed at home. It is either through your own concentrates or using already made tools. I will discuss some already made tools here.
What you need before you can remove plaque and tartar At Home
1. First off, you need a tartar scraper. You can buy any one of your choices locally or online. This tool is otherwise known as the Planning or scaling tool. It looks exactly like my picture below:
2. Secondly, you need a tartar remover. This is a concentrate prepared with baking soda and other ingredients. The picture below depicts a good example of what I am saying here.
How to remove tartar/Plaque from the comfort of your home With Ultrapro Tx Tooth Stain Remover
In other to round off today’s post, let me give you a tip on how to remove tartar usingUltrapro Tx Tooth Stain Remover and dentist scaling tools. The good thing is that these tartar and plaque removers will also whiten your teeth.
- Firstly, floss your teeth
- Next brush your teeth
- The next thing is for you to use a cotton bud to apply the solid stain remover on your teeth. Let it stay there for a couple of minutes, then clean it off with your brush. Please make sure you apply this to the places where tartar/plaques are found
- Alternatively, if you choose to rather opt for Plax plaque remover, complete the following process. rinse your teeth for like 3 min with Plax solution. Next, brush your teeth thoroughly with it. Spit out the solution>>rinse your mouth>>allow some minutes>>then brush normally.
- After cleaning with the solutions above. You now have the daunting task of manually removing the plaque/tartar with the dentist’s kit. I will advise you to ask your spouse to help you do this if you are not shy. However, you can do this yourself since the kit comes with a mirror. Just be careful while you are at it because the tools are extremely sharp. That is the reason you are paying a dentist to do it for you lol. In no time, you must have uprooted most of the tartar. If you cannot get all off your teeth on the first try, just repeat the process after four days.
Articles Fo Further Reading:
- home remedies for plaque and tartar control
- Factors that cause tooth loss
- 17 reasons why your breath smell bad
- Gingivitis symptoms and causes
- The right food to eat before going to bed
- What is morning breath and what are the causes
If you need help purchasing items on Amazon, you can either contact me via email or read up my article here