Today, I shall be dropping a tutorial on how you can reload your hellobox V5 plus software via the pc tool. Occasionally, you might encounter some problems with your v5 plus receiver that would prevent it from powering on. I am using this medium to inform you that as long as such a problem is software-related, you are not out of luck.
As a reminder, hellobox can still do online OTA update or software update via USB port. However, if it is practically impossible for you to access your decoder’s menu, then the only way for you to revive your soft-bricked decoder is to upgrade its software via the hellobox dreamlinUPG flash tool. In addition, you can also use the software provided here to upgrade your v5 plus via USB so long you can still access your decoder’s menu with your remote. Now, let us get started with the steps
Required File Downloads:
- Download hellobox v5 the latest upgrade software 2019 here: Hellobox_V5_Plus_20190311A.rar
- You can download hellobox flash tool here: from my.pcloud resumable server. the file size is 12mb and it contains everything you need.
Steps to Upgrading Hellobox V5 software upgrade via RS232 Port
1. First off, extract the .rar file and copy the bin file to a USB device and change file name to “hellobox_V5_plus.bin“
Note: The USB flash drive format must be FAT32
2. Insert the USB disk to Hellobox V5 Plus front panel or rear panel RS232 port
3. Connect Hellobox V5 with a computer through RS232 cable
Note: RS232 cable must be cross cable(pin2 to pin3,pin3 to pin 2)
4. Run “WinSTBUpgrader.exe” on computer
You can download Hellobox V5 Plus flash upgrade tool here
5. Select and Open serial port
Make sure you have installed correctly the RS232 cable driver. Once this is done, the upgrade tool will automatically recognize the RS232 port. Also, remember to set RS232 cable Baudrate to 115200 in the Computer—Control panel—device manager—Port
- Click “download” page, select the config file “V5_plus_8M.xml” see image below
7. Click “Start”
8. Power on Hellobox V5 plus, and wait…
After upgrading done, Hellobox V5 plus will reboot automatically.