This post was most recently updated on June 26th, 2019
At present, in the mobile phone market, the prices of flagship phones are going higher. Since most mobile phones use a comprehensive screen design, the anti-drop ability is basically zero. Therefore, after purchasing a new phone, many consumers will put both a tempered film/glass screen protector and a full-body protective case of the mobile phone to give 360-degree protection. However, although this method can prevent falling, it will also have an adverse effect on the mobile phone. It will surprise you that there exists what will call heat dissipation and phone cases problem. Technically, it is not recommended to use a mobile phone case(you can sure use a screen protector) just after buying a new one.
Please take this advice with a grain of salt if you are the type that is very careless with your phones. Sometimes, protection may supersede the phone’s health. It all depends on the individual. Now, let’s proceed to some of the reasons why using a full-body phone case may be detrimental to the heat dissipation of the phone. This is particularly true if the phone case in questions is made of rubber or silicone.
Heat dissipation and Phone cases: Reasons Why Phone Case May Not be Good for Your Phone
- First of all, the mobile phone case is bound to affect the grip of the mobile phone. Currently, the lift lens solution( the type adopted by OnePlus) is gradually becoming the mainstream trend of most flagship phones. Although this solution can bring amazing screen display effect on consumers, but also because of the mechanical structure embedded in the fuselage, the thickness and weight of the mobile phone will be significantly increased. If on top of this, the user adds a mobile phone case to the mobile phone, it will undoubtedly become thicker and more inconvenient to carry.
- Secondly, the phone case affects the signal. Although plastic materials do not interfere too much with mobile phone signals, mobile phone signals are bound to be weaker than bare metal under the tight packaging of mobile phone cases.
Moreover, many manufacturers are not concerned about the strength of mobile phone signals. Many flagship phones themselves have signal problems by default. If you insist on putting a protective case on such mobile phones, you may miss important calls.
- Finally, the phone case affects heat dissipation. At present, many flagship phones are equipped with copper tube cooling technology. As a result, the heat dissipation of the mobile phone mainly depends on the screen and the back of the fuselage. Wearing a mobile phone case will not only block the heat dissipation of the mobile phone but may also be counterproductive. The heat problem with the mobile phone will become more serious. This will cause the processor to overheat and have a frequency reduction phenomenon, and the performance of the mobile phone is degraded, which affects the consumer experience.
Final Thoughts on Heat Dissipation and Phone Cases
The most critical argument against the use of a phone case is in its impact of the phone case on the heat dissipation problem. Of course, for consumers, the decisive factor in wearing a mobile phone case is income. After all, the price of changing a broken screen can buy a new phone, and most users can’t afford this avoidable loss.
Moreover, most of the current mobile phones are designed with a glass body, and the product itself is relatively slippery. It can accidentally fall and it this happens, buying a new one could be expensive. Therefore, it is recommended to wear a shell, but if you are using a low-end device, you may not worry. Low-end devices suffer more from heat problems more than their high-end counterparts. You may also like:
- 8 Simple Tips to Guard your Phone & Prevent it from Damage
- How to Choose the Right Protective Cases for Your Phone & the Advantages
- [Fixed] Samsung galaxy S9/S9 plus exynos battery draining problem
What Kind of Phone Case Can I buy that will not Affect the Heat Dissipation of My Phone?
- By and large, the only type of phone cases that will not cause your phone to overheat is the perforated ones. Also make sure the material is more of plastic than latex, silicone or rubber. A very good example of such is Supcase Unicorn sports series for galaxy s10 and s10+. As you can see from the picture above, the case has several hole patterns and its not too thick.
- Alternatively, simply buy only a hard 9mm tempered glass screen protector and forget about the body case. Please don’t try this if you drop your phone randomly and often.