This post was last updated on April 24th, 2018 at 02:20 pm
Fix Samsung galaxy s9/s9+ (Exynos) battery draining: the solutions.
Those who complain about this issue have a temperature that is between 37ºC – 42ºC which is very abnormal. Your phone is hot which is dangerous for both you and the battery. Below are what you need to do to Fix Samsung galaxy s9/s9+ (Exynos) battery draining prior to when Samsung releases a patch for it.
- Basically, the best solution RIGHT NOW is to use mid power saving. The CPU throttle on that option limits the CPU to 70% max capacity, so it doesn’t go above the 2.3Ghz ceiling.
- Furthermore, Fix Samsung galaxy s9/s9+ (Exynos) battery draining issue by disabling background activity for Android System. click on it in the battery menu and you will see a toggle for “Allow background activity”. Just disable it. You can see the picture above.
- Disable Facebook’s ability to run in the background or if you’re willing to sacrifice the aesthetics get the lite version of the apps.
- This is strange but a user suggests that you should try and uninstall Nova Launcher! I hope this is not true. It might worth a try if everything fails.
- In another scenario, to Fix Samsung galaxy s9/s9+ (Exynos) battery draining problem, watch out for your battery performance when you use the Screen Mirroring (Smart View) feature to watch movies via your smart TV.
- This might interest you. Get a dark theme preferably a high contrast theme from Samsung theme store. Don’t use live wallpapers until you are through with the troubleshooting.
- You should approach this with caution: turning off “Find My Mobile”. It solves the problem for some especially when high GPS accuracy is turned off.
- There may also be of bloatware running in the background though, have you tried running KillApps?
- Make sure you are using the most stable network in your location. If your LTE is poorer than your 3g, please stay on 3g and vice versa. Similarly, only connect your phone to the nearest WiFi network if you chose to use WiFi.
- Fix Samsung galaxy s9/s9+ (Exynos) battery draining by avoiding the use of a silicone case for your phone. Silicone cases have breathability issues. You can read my article on how to choose the best protective cases.
- Turn off the “video enhancement feature” in settings. This feature can cause increase temperature and also battery loss.
- Some pre-installed app like Oculus app by Samsung, Google Maps, and even Facebook can also cause this problem on your s9/s9+.
- Fix Samsung galaxy s9/s9+ (Exynos) battery draining by revoking location access to everything even google maps except Google play services. Google maps track your location in the background otherwise. It’ll just ask you for location access whenever you use it. Otherwise turn it off.
- You can also do “a settings reset”. Your problem may be caused by a bug with some settings.
- There is a solution for rooted users(Please beware as you will lose your warranty and you might even brick your phone if something goes wrong during the rooting process). A mobile geek that goes by the name AnandTech has a comprehensive solution for rooted users of Samsung galaxy s9/s9+ on how to Fix Samsung galaxy s9/s9+ (Exynos) battery draining problem.
- Miscellaneous: if you want to tweak all android phones further(including s9/s9+) please read my article here.
- Finally, if everything fails and you still experience extreme battery/phone overheating on your galaxy s9/s9+, please take it back to Samsung for an immediate replacement. You must have gotten a faulty unit.