This post was last updated on September 19th, 2018 at 12:52 pm
The name EaseUS(mean Ease-US or make it easy for us) is a household name when it comes to data management solution. Its existence has spanned over a decade and they are not pushovers in the data management industry. EaseUS is the very definition of expertise, authority and trust with respect to data management globally. While they are into various sectors of data management such as partition management and backup management, my review shall be on EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 12.0(August 2018 release).
What is Data Loss?
- accidental deletion,
- intentional deletion,
- virus attack,
- hardware failure,
- corrupt drives,
- bad sectors on your storage device,
- formatting, OS(windows) reinstallation,
- partition loss,
- system or hardware failures and so on
Although you can prevent it for a long time, however when it’s bound to happen, there is nothing you can do about it. At worst, you lose everything or at best you try and get everything with the help of a good data recovery software.
What is computer data recovery?
By definition, data recovery is a process of salvaging (retrieving) inaccessible, lost, corrupted, damaged or formatted data from secondary storage, removable media or files. You recover data from such devices when the data stored in them cannot be accessed in a normal way.
Recovery of lost data can be performed on the varieties of storage devices. Such storage devices include but not limited to a hard disk drive, solid state drive, USB, laptop or desktop internal hard drive, Flash drive, Memory or SD cards, cd, DVDs etc.
Different storage devices have one thing in common; that is, they carry a set of electronic equipment which may abruptly fail, become damaged or simply stops working and all the stored data may be compromised. Data recovery will look for the desired files around the storage area of the aforementioned storage devices and recover them successfully even if the drive stops working or cannot be normally accessed.
Why should we Ever Consider a Data Recovery Software?
Irrespective of your profession, skill or career, you need a bit of a knowledge of data recovery as long as you make use of computers. The commonest and most popular computer we have in the world of today is the “Mobile phone”. You can lose valuable data on your phone same way you can on your computer.
The good news is, you have a fair chance of recovering your lost data by using the appropriate data recovery software. Highlighted below are some of the reason why you need to have a data recovery software even before you encounter data loss. Don’t be like me, my first encounter with data loss(in 2009) was so devastating because I had no prior knowledge of data recovery software. Subsequently, it has been a breeze recovering my lost data.
Why you need a Data Recovery Software
- First off, Data recovery services are very useful and allow you to recover lost information and data in situations where your hard drive or your storage media becomes corrupted.
- Also, your PC or phone is almost certain to malfunction at one point or another. When this happens, only a data recovery software can ease things up for you.
- There are other factors that may render your data inaccessible(unrecognized format, virus attack, accidental deletion, permanent deletion of files, inaccessible partitions, damaged/corrupted files, unexpected system shutdown, error messages, etc.)
- You need a data recovery solution when it is near impossible to replace your lost data. For example a picture or video you have with someone who you can see no more.
- Finally, a data recovery software will be desirable when the cost of replacing the lost data outweighs the cost of recovering them via a good recovery software.
What must I do when I lost my data prior to using a Data recovery Software?
Once you realised that you have lost some valuable data. Please, don’t panic. You have a high chance of getting everything back in top shape only if you don’t get things complicated by being restless. Below are some pre-requisites to a successful data recovery process
Pre-requisites before using any Data Recovery Software
- Please do not have any other data recovery too pre-installed on your computer
- Make sure your computer is virus-free especially if you lost all your file due to virus attack in the first place
- Most importantly, try not to save your recovered files to any location other than the one on the problem drive. E,g if you lost 2gb worth of files on a Micro SD and you have recovered them with EaseUS Data recovery wizard, please do not save the recovered files to that same Micro SD card
- Also, ensure you do not rewrite any data into the problem drive prior to recover.
- Furthermore, try and use a computer with the highest configuration possible(Good CPU and RAM). This will speed up the process.
- If you are using a Windows PC, you should grant the recovery software administrative privileges
- Also, avoid using your pc while the scanning process last.
- Check if the lost file is in the Recycle Bin. You’ve probably already looked in the Recycle Bin, but if not, do so now. If you’re lucky enough to have not emptied it since you deleted the file, it might be there. iPhone gallery also store deleted files until you empty it.
- Download a free data recovery software and use it to search for and recover your deleted files. If the files you’re looking for have already been emptied from the Recycle Bin, a file recovery tool like EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 12.0 can help.
- The drive should be detected by the computer. even if you can’t see the see the drive in your windows explorer of file manager. Competent recovery software will most likely detect it.
- A good recovery software will work for any USB storage devices. However, if you have an external sd card slot in your phone, please try and remove the sd card and insert it into an SD card reader/adapter before attaching it to your computer. For easier and faster process.
- Finally, remember that you do not need to have a data recovery software program installed before you delete the file.
How to choose a data recovery software?
There are 5 criteria for choosing the best Data recovery software
- Security: Does the software contains malware?. This is always the number one test the software must pass. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard has a good reputation when it comes to security
- Quality Check
Supported file types. Uncompromisingly, The file rescue tools should support recovering of as many types of file types as possible, so you don’t have to try other alternatives.
Supported storage devices. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 12.0 can recover data from all internal & external Storage Devices like Hard Drives, SD Cards, CD/DVD, USB Drives, External Hard Drives.
The time required to complete the scan. Obviously, you don’t want to spend the whole day simply waiting for a drive scanning process to complete
File preview & quality. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 12.0 now has a video and Audio preview feature. When the scan process is over, the program should be able to allow users to preview thumbnails of found files, because this helps you to quickly check if they are the items you want to bring back.
3. Ease of Use Usability is key because end users of this kind of computer programs are usually not tech-savvy. The easier and simpler the software interface is designed, the better a user is able to handle it.
4. Multiple Operating Systems Compatibility: EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 12.0 can be used on both Windows OS and McOS.
5. Technical Support: The customer service department of the data recovery company must be up and doing. The developers/providers of such software should extend their support via email, live chat, or by phone, etc.
6. Good unbiased reviews: Another tool that is useful in making any buying decision of any product or service online is the user’s reviews and opinions. EaseUS has been around the blocks for a while and what you mostly get about them is good reviews. There software simple works. It may not be the most feature-loaded software at there, it, however, outperforms most competition if not all competition in the recovery process.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 12.0(2018) Review and rating
- The version that I used as at then was version 4 or 5 of their data recovery wizard at it has some deficiencies.
- The scanning process was slower and the quick scan option didn’t get any results
- Most of the recovered files were having strange names.
- There was nothing like preview features.
I planned never to use EaseUS data recovery tools again but I couldn’t just let go of them. I used other alternatives which were faster but they were not able to recover as much as EaseUS. Today I am one of the happiest men to learn that EaseUS team has fixed 99% of the complaints I listed above. There is still room for improvements but they have already done more than enough to satisfy their clients.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 12.0 New Features/Changelog
- Preview feature is now available for audio and video files.
- Speed up the scan process to find lost data more quickly.
- Recover video files with better quality.
- Minor optimization for the interactions.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 12.0: Detailed features
- Free trial to scan and preview lost data: EaseUS provides data recovery software free. You can recover up to 2GB of data with the free version of the software
- Ultimate Data Recovery solution: With this data recovery software, you will be able to retrieve precious data whether it was lost by deletion, formatting, hard drive crash or virus infection.
- Superior Files Recovery Software: EaseUS data recovery software can recover all types of files including Office documents, photo, video, emails and more.
- Easily Restore Data from All Storage Devices: EaseUS Data Recovery will undelete files from the hard drive, memory card, USB, digital camera, mobile devices and other storage media.
Virus Attack Recovery: Virus attacks are annoying and can not make your computer work normally. This tool can recover your data safely and quickly.
- Hard Disk Damage: Hard disk failure may happen due to the bad power supply, virus attack, damaged block, etc. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can provide a reliable and instant solution.
OS Crash Recovery: Recover files from the crashed Windows operating system. And EaseUS can provide the WinPE bootable media to recover lost data.
Recycle Bin Emptied Data Recovery: You can filter scanning results by files types and selectively recover deleted files after emptying recycle bin.
RAW Partition Recovery: EaseUS Data Recovery can restore your data from the inaccessible/raw partition or disk.
- Mobile phone/handheld Memory card crash recovery. Please click this link to learn more
How to use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 12.0 to recover deleted files
I used this software before publishing this article to ensure that all is as expected. There is no time that I have doubted EaseUS prowess in recovering lost data. I was able to recover deleted files during my test this morning. I used a windows computer running Windows 10 Pro. The configuration of this PC is not one of the highest as it is decent at best. In addition, I am running the professional version of the software. As always, I would illustrate with the aid of diagrams:
Step by step guide on recovering lost/deleted data with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 12.0
Step 1. Download EaseUS trial version here
Connect the storage device you want to recover data from to the USB port of your computer. Next, launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and select the disk partition or storage location where you deleted your files and click “Scan“. As you can see, I was having like seven storage connected at the same time.
Immediately you click the scan button, the program will then start a quick scan to find the lost and deleted files on the disk. After the quick scan, a deep scan will automatically start to find more files. You may be fortunate enough to see the lost files during the quick scanning process. If this is not the case, your files will be recovered after the deep scan.
If you want to restore individual file, you can click on the checkbox close to the target file and scroll down to click on recover. Note: you can preview a video or audio file prior ro recovery. The picture below explains this better.
Step 6. Locate your recovered files in the location you selected earlier. To ease thing up, EaseUS data recovery software would automatically redirect you to the location after the recovery is completed. Open the file and verify that all is as expected.
- How to Recover Deleted Files & Folders from Hard Drive with EaseUS
- EaseUS support page
My Final Verdict on EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 12.0
I am now a prodigal child of EaseUS. I would advise you to do the same if you were dissatisfied with the overall performance of their data recovery software prior to the release of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 12.0. You won’t regret using this software. What is more, you are free to use their software to scan your drives free of charge and you can even recover as much as 2GB worth of lost files. In other words, after trying it out and you are still not satisfied, you have nothing to lose.
From my extensive research on data recovery solutions, I am yet to find any competition that has outperformed EaseUS with regard to data recovery. Would you rather go with a trusted company who would get the job done or stay with one that will do it halfway? the choice is yours. As for me, I am back home. With EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 12.0 especially, I don’t need any alternative recovery software in 2018.