What is a DStv extra view Setup without the DStv User band frequencies indexes? In this post, I shall be dropping the full list of all the user band indexes combinations available for all DStv.
It should also be noted that these user bands can only work with DStv Xtraview-capable decoders only. such decoders include Explora 1, 2a and Explora 3a. For the best results, I will advise you to use smart lnb lmx501.
Important notes on Using DStv User band frequencies indexes with SLNB or 24-1Z or Explora Switches
- It is now impossible to share User Band Index for tuner 3 if both the Explora 1 and Explora 2A are in the mix. The reason is that they use different transponders for the video on demand(VOD) stream. However, if there are 2 or 3 Explora model 1, or, 2 or 3 explora model 2A involved can those two or three shares.
- Also, which Indexes are chosen and their order is not particularly important. What is important is that you need to prevent the sharing of Indexes.
- When an Explora is in the mix, all of an Explora’s Index settings are best done first. Then, you can proceed to do the associated Frequency settings.
- Lastly, note that some Frequencies differ between the Smart LNB (SLNB) & 24-1Z Smart Switch and the older 5-1 & 5-2 Explora Switches.
Here are all the DStv User band frequencies indexes for Smart LNB(SLNB) model LMX502 & LMX501.
P.S: The older model LMX500 only has 24, so then ignore the last 6
Additional Information on the User-band Indexes
- Unicable ports need to be terminated with the supplied 75 Ohm terminators if unused. Don’t leave it unscrewed
- If you are using Explora switches or smart switch(24-1Z), you are only eligible to use User Bands 0 to 23
- In addition, Explora switches 5-1 and 5-2 can only use the first 5 user band indexes. Also, when you are using index 3, use 1892 as your frequency and when you are using index 4, use frequency 2040 with your Explora switches. Sadly, the 5-1 switch does not have any markings on it about what version it is.
- If need be, two (*or three) Exploras of the same model can share their tuner 3’s index of choice (older Exploras are called model 1, newer Exploras are called model 2Aand 3A respectively). But three Exploras is only possible with the 24-1Z switch and smart LNB.