This post was most recently updated on January 16th, 2020
No matter the angle at which you are looking at this, it is well worth it. We all know that these guys are the satellite pay-TV giant in Africa. We tend to work our ways around them or dance to their tunes. Seriously, this DStv/GOtv Mega Promo is worth it from whichever way you look at it. I shall be dedicating this post to GOtv and DStv and all that shall be discussing on this post shall be DStv and GOtv ongoing promo. This article will be regularly updated based on the changes in the promotional offer available.
Update in January 2020!
DStv currently runs two promotional offers namely: Upgrade and boost promo and DStv thanks. GOtv is not left out as it currently runs a promo that goes by the name GOtv step up offer for Gotv max subcribers and another variation of this for other gotv subscribers.
DStv Upgrade and Boost/StepUp Promo is Back by Popular Demand
DStv Upgrade and boost promo is back by popular demand. Prior to the relaunch of this promo, we had the DStv thanks promo. Both active and disconnected subscribers are eligible for this offer. Eligible packages include Access, family, compact and compact plus.
In addition, Only existing customers as at 31st of August 2019. Also, you need to pay the access fee for your Xtraview/PVR separately.
How does DStv Upgrade and Boost Promo Work?
You can Get one package higher than what you pay for!
- From 2nd Sept 2019, DStv is giving all active and disconnected DStv Access, Family and Compact customers the chance to pay for an upgrade package and get to view programming on a higher package within 48 hours.
- All DStv Access customers that upgrade to Family package (N4,000) will get boosted to the Compact package worth N6,800
- DStv Family customers that upgrade to Compact package (N6,800)get boosted to the Compact Plus package worth N10,650
- If you are an existing DStv Compact customers that upgrade to Compact Plus package (N10,650), you will get boosted to the Premium package worth N15,800.
- Read the full terms and conditions as well as frequently asked questions here.
GOtv Step-Up offer for all GOtv Subscribers
Starting on January 15, 2020, GOtv has rolled out a more elaborate promotional offer for all their subscribers. Previously, i discussed gotv step up off for only gotv max subscribers. today, I am happy to inform you that the offer has been extended to all other subscribers gotv subscribers(excluding gotv max subscribers).
Who is Eligible for this new GOtv Step UP Offer?
Both active and disconnected subscribers can enjoy this promo.The following subscribers are eligible to enjoy this offer which has no specific data in view as to when it will end:
- Gotv Life subscribers
- Gotv Value
- Not left out, GOtv Jinja subscribers
- Gotv Plus
- lastly, GOtv Jolli
How Does GOtv Step Up Offer for None GOtv Max Users Work?
TO enjoy this new offer, simply upgrade your existing subscription(excluding GOtv max) and you will automatically be migrated to a higher package within 48hours.
GOtv Step-Up offer for all GOtv Max Subscribers
This special promo is available only for new or exiting Gotv max subscriber. GOtv will help you subsidize your gotv max subscription with #600. In other words, you pay only #2600 instead of the regular #3200 to enjoy all GOtv max channels. GOtv Nigeria is paying part of your GOtv max subscription. This offer has been available since September. No date as to when it will end. Maybe it will end in Jan 2020.
The Exclusive GOtv Step-Up Offer Fully Explained
From 2 Sept – 31 Oct 2019, GOtv Lite, Value or Plus subscribers can upgrade to the top GOtv Max package for only N2600. This means you are saving N600 off the normal price of N3200!
- Enjoy more for less on GOtv MAX with over 65 channels including all LaLiga, all Serie A, 2X more PL, more Naija movies, more Indian films, UFC, UEFA and lots more.
Graphical Representation of the new channels available on the DStv/GOtv Mega Promo
The above information was 100% valid and correct as at the time of posting. However, the ultimate power and discretion lie with multichoice who can change, stop, extend or modify at will. Finally, to the best of my knowledge, this is only applicable to their Nigeria subscribers. I believe they will have similar or a better package for their subscribers outside Nigeria.