Obviously, at one point in time or the other, you will need newer software for your decoder. In this post, you will have access to a plethora of working links from where you can download FTA decoders Software. By Free to Air decoders, we mean any standalone decoder that can be used to open channels for free. Now, if such decoders are capable of opening paid channels for free, is none of my business and that is not my intention. In most cases, the new software will improve a decoder’s overall performance and add more features.
Why do I need to install the Latest Upgrade Software/Firmware for my FTA Decoder?
I present you some of the benefits of upgrading to a newer software on any decoder.
- First off, you need to upgrade when new software is available in other to improve the stability, security or reliability of your decoder.
- Secondly, to add more features or improve on the existing ones, you ay need to upgrade your software.
- Also, if there is a vulnerability in existing software, only a new software will be able to fix it.
- When you want to activate hidden features on some FTA decoders that also opens paid contents, you must get an upgrade to the latest software.
- A software upgrade can also be used to disable a supposedly unneeded feature on a decoder. Do you remember when Qsat used a software to disable Dqcam and support for spycam on certain decoders?
- You may buy a particlar FTA/IKS decoder for a specific purpose and that very service got blocked. ifever you will have a chance to continue enjosying that very service, you will need a new software.
- Lastly, a decoder software upgrade could be necessary to revive your dead decoder. You can bil your decoder in a varieties of ways. E.g, power failure during an upgrade, when you load an incompatible software or when the existing software becomes unstable or buggy
Dangers of a needless upgrade of a Decoder’s software
With every advantage comes a corresponding disadvantage. I will implore all and sundry to please only upgrade a decoder when it is absolutely necessary. If you rush into an upgrade without checking the changelog or bug alert, you can end with an unpleasant experience. below are some of the reasons why you must upgrade only when necessary.
- During an upgrade, you can soft-brick your decoder. Especially when there is a power outage during the process.
- Secondly, if you are using a counterfeit decoder, a software upgrade from the manufacturers of the original will kill your fake decoder. This is still happening with strong decoders
- Furthermore, you can lose some vital features if you upgrade to newer software.
- Lastly, new versions of some decoders can contain bugs. Avoid beta versions of software like a plague.
- Tested methods of reviving all bricked/fried/dead Strong decoders
- How to Recover a dead Qsat & How to Backup Qsat Receiver[+ Other tricks]
How do I upgrade my Decoder?
As far as my memory serves me, there are four major methods through which you can upgrade any decoder. Be it a paytv decoder or an FTA one.
- firstly, you can upgrade via OTA(Over the air) method. This method is the most convenient and the easiest. In fact, it is the only method used by PayTv companies. The downside of this is that you can instal a buggy software easily.
- USB upgrade is the most popular upgrade method amongst FTA decoder manufacturers. It gives you a total upgrade but beware, you can brick you decoder more easily if you are careless.
- A decoder to decoder method can also be used but it is very unpopular.
- Lastly, you can load and revive your receiver via a PC loader/PC flash tool issued by the manufacturer.
I can’t mention all the decoders one after the other as the list is lengthy. Summarily, I would say, if you own an FTA decoder, an IKS decoder, a PowerVu decoder, a Biss decoder or an SKS decoder that is standalone, you will most likely get the link to your software here. Now among others, you can easily download the software to the decoders below:
- GSky decoders or Hellobox receivers all:
- Qsat, cobox, receivers
- Tigerstar receivers
- Tlink decoders
- All China Protocol HD Receiver AUTO ROLL PowerVu/Biss receivers. E.g: Neosat, Star Max, Echolink, and Euromax, Neosat 560D Starsat, Neosat sx 1100, Alphabox FREE SAT STARSAT SR-8585
- And others.
Warning & Disclaimer!!
I accept no liability for what happens to your decoder as a result of you not following the software installation instructions. You are strongly advised to upgrade your decoder only when your electricity is stable. Secondly, you must download and install only the software for your particular model. Suffice to say that we don’t support piracy hence, I won’t talk about what the software can or cannot do as it relates to tv piracy. Please use the software the best way you deem fit.
Links to download FTA decoders Software free
Link to download the receiver software for Every decoder not listed below: http://www.khansat.com/category/satellite/receiver-software/
Tigerstar decoder software download: https://www.satdl.com/producer/184/tiger/
Strong decoders official software: http://www.strong-technologies.com/
Download upgrade software for GSky or hellobox receivers: http://www.pctvlab.com/forum.php
Download all Freesat/GTMedia software here: http://www.freesat.cn/forum/viewforum.php?f=30&sid=14ba18caa3aa97f8a174b1f4537bae1f
All strong patch software for genuine strong decoders in MENA: http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East
Strong patch software for the rest of Africa: http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Africa
SuperMax / NEXT http://newprog.net
Starmax: http://www.starmax.co or http://www.newsoft2020.com
STARSAT: http://www.satdw.com or http://swdw.net
[email protected]: http://www.netkeysat.net/cat.php?id=227
Humax: http://www.humaxdigital.com or http://www.netkeysat.net/cat.php?id=2