This post was most recently updated on February 9th, 2019
Undeniably, LG phones are similar to that of Samsung. The major difference is that Samsung phones are more popular and kind of offer better customer service. On the other hand, Samsung phones are costlier than Lg phones. In this article, I will be talking about how you can manually install the official firmware on LG G6(The Android version in question is Android 7.0 Nougat)
The official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware on LG G6
This is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. As we all know that LG G6 comes with Nougat out of the box, this is no exception. This firmware was released just recently and it is an official firmware which LG has released for the device. Since this is a stock firmware which LG has released, you don’t have to worry about any kind of bugs, etc on this. This should work just fine and you won’t have any issues whatsoever if you install this stock firmware.
Prior to Upgrading, Backup Your Apps and Data
Installing the stock firmware using a KDZ file will remove all your data and apps from your current ROM. So make sure you have a backup of all your apps and data. Also, transfer all your files from your internal storage to your PC as it may also get wiped out.
- Install the LGFlashTool_patched.rar. download it here or here
(extract files if compressed) on your PC. This tool is required in order to flash the KDZ file onto your device.
- Visual C++ Runtime Library is required in order to run the LG Flash Tool. If you have any problems installing or running the Flash Tool then install the libraries on your Windows PC. Click here.
- Make sure you have the latest LG drivers installed on your PC. Get them here.
- Download the stock firmware here: Download LG G6 Firmware
Official firmware on LG G6 Installation Process
- Assuming that you have downloaded both the drivers as well as the firmware file, it is now time to proceed with the installation.
- The first step is to install the LG driver which you had just downloaded from the links above in the prerequisite section.
- Then you have to install the LGUP.msi file which you can download from here. This is the flash tool which you will need to install this firmware.
- Now it is time to switch off the device and reboot into the download mode of the device to proceed further.
- You will also have to connect your device using a USB cable and while doing this, hold the volume up button as well.
- Once all this is done, open the LGUP software which you have installed.
- Now, when you are in here, click on upgrade and select firmware file which you had downloaded earlier from the above-given link after prerequisite.
- After you do this, it will begin the installation process and it will now reboot once the process is finished.
- You can now disconnect your device and once it reboots, you will see that your device has now rebooted into the new firmware.