This post was last updated on September 10th, 2020 at 04:27 pm
I sincerely find it difficult to give this post the best topic. We are going to discuss something that is present in virtually every culture. discouraging snoopers is an arduous task. By nomenclature, this act is called; snooping, prying, and poking. my focus will be on smartphones. I am certain that these tips will help every smartphone user.
- Xnspy, the best spy app for iPhone
- How to monitor or spy on social media apps on Android
- [Review]Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery 7- Professional
What is snooping?
To begin with, I would like to say snooping is not a gender thing. The only reason why we think women are worse snoopers is that they snoop and confront. Men will snoop and will find it difficult to admit it. In the context of this post, snooping is trying to pry into the private affairs of others, especially by prowling about.
Snooping on Someone’s digital devices
Snooping, in a security context and as a security threat, is unauthorized access to another person’s or company’s data(through their phone or computer system). The practice is similar to eavesdropping. Snooping on a phone can include casual observance of an e-mail that appears on another’s phone screen or watching what someone else is typing. More sophisticated snooping uses software programs to remotely monitor activity on a computer or network device.
Why do Men keep Secrets that they don’t want to Divulge to Their Partners?
Snooping, spying, or prying works only in a situation where a perceived secret is being kept from the other party. In other words, no secrets, no snooping. Before you start discouraging snoopers, let us know why you are keeping secrets.
- Spiritual inclinations: In Africa where I live, we are very spiritual. We pay attention to auras and omens. You don’t disclose certain things until it is mature else you run the risk of losing out. Men can keep secrets that have spiritual implications from wives. Cultists and ritualists also fall into this category. They must have signed an oath of secrecy. Your luck may be against exposing everything about you
- Oath of office: If you are in the armed forces, police force, or similar security organizations, you surely have sworn to one oath or the other. This is called an oath of secrecy and breaking such may result in a jail term or the death penalty. How do you expect a police officer to tell is the wife who is related to a criminal that they are about to come and arrest his relative?
- Extramarital affairs, flings, and harmless admiration: No woman will relish the idea of her hubby admiring another woman. It doesn’t matter if the admiration is harmless or otherwise. Secret admiration is a secret affair.
- Surprises: I for one like pleasant surprises. It will hurt me so hard to discover that my lady has spoilt my surprise. It is not a good feeling. Keep your surprise secret until the D-Day.
- Other business affairs: In truth, family and business should not entangle. There is no sense in your husband or your wife telling you everything that happens in the office.
Why do people snoop, pry, or poke their nose into others’ affairs?
Before we proceed with tips to help you in discouraging snoopers around you, let us have a look at why people snoop.
Snooping in a relationship between spouses
- In order to reaffirm their superiority: You snoop on your spouse just to reconfirm that you are his or her all in all. That is, no one has replaced you in his or her life.
- Insecurity: Maybe, you snatch your man form another lady. You will never be calm when your man starts to ac tup. Snooping may be the resort for you to know your stance. For those who use voodoo or charms to bewitch their spouse, you will forever carry the burden of snooping.
- Lack of trust: I do not see a reason why you should be together if you can trust each other.
- Curiosity: Curiosity sets in when a partner guides around his or her phone always
- Paranoia: Paranoia can also be a major reason why people snoop. A paranoid partner finds it difficult to trust or believe things said by the other partner
Snooping in business relations
You can also snoop on your business partner(s). Yes, as despicable as the act is, it also applies to business interaction. you would want to ask, why would I snoop on my business partner? the reasons are as follows:
- Discouraging snooping comes after knowing why people snoop. In the office, you can have colleagues who would want to snoop on your so as to cheat on you. They want to cheat you or smear your reputation so that they will have an advantage over you. Maybe for the task, contract benefits, or promotion. They always want to find sensitive information to use against you. Where else to search other than your phone?
- Blackmailing & Scandal: Haters will only hate on successful individuals. If you are good at what you do, your colleagues, business partners, or even staff might grow envious and become malicious. They want some of what you own and they want it by force. They will be ready to bring you down should you refuse to dance to their tunes.
- Finding the source of your business success: Your business partner may feel you are not divulging enough of that secrets to your business success. He or she may want to take it up a notch by prying into your phone.
- Obsession with your admirers: Women are more dangerous in this aspect. Your secretary might want to date you, you want to date your boss. If your target is proofing too hard to get, prying into his or her phone may provide the needed clues to cracking his or her wall of defense.
Dangers or Disadvantages of Snooping
Everyone out there will surely love to avert or prevent a dangerous situation. Snooping is definitely one of such. Snooping is an ill wind that blows no one, no good. Don’t do it. Please resist the urge to. Moreover, it is a lose-lose situation. It will surely lead to a disaster when exposed. I won’t cover all the dangers inherent in snooping on your partners phone her because it will make the article to be excessively long. Let me just highlight some.
- It will lead to eternal distrust: If your friend, your spouse or your family member whom you trust snoop on you, you may never trust such a person again. You don’t trust yourself that is why you don’t trust your partner.
- Your partner may lose his or her job because of your action. He might be in charge of his company’s confidential data. Your prying into his affair may screw things up thereby getting him or her into trouble at the office.
- Snooping proceeds stalking: A snooper will likely end up being a stalker. Both of these are bad habits
- In case you don’t know, you may send him or her to jail if what you found out is so sensitive to the extent that it resulted in a breach of contract with his employers
- Snooping sends the red signal that you are dangerous: Who wants to deal with a dangerous individual? snoopers have trust issues.
- Two wrongs will never make a right: If you feel he or she is cheating on your or cheating you, ask questions and demand a reply. Snooping won’t solve it, it will only make it worse.
- Also, It will or can lead to divorce: Yes, once the worse happens, you go your separate ways. Are you ready for that?
- It leads to protracted misunderstanding in any relationship.
- In addition, your action may impact your partner psychologically. This can affect his or her relationship with others. Snoopers also don’t want people to do it to them
The second part of this post consists of how you can use technology to control, prevent, and discourage snoopers. please head over to the next page>>>>
Discouraging snoopers/priers/anyone from using your phone while you are asleep or absent
Discouraging snoopers is preferable for preventing them. However, the two co-exist. You prevent it before you can discourage it. It is when your preventive measures are watertight that you can discourage snoopers. I will explain in detail the process of discouraging snoopers from accessing your phones in your absence or while you are asleep.
Requirements needed for Discouraging Snoopers
- Firstly, you need a smartphone that supports a password lock(a phone that supports just 4 digits pin lock is not recommended). On the other hand, the best phone for this job is a smartphone that supports a fingerprint scanner lock. You don’t need to buy an iPhone or a Samsung galaxy before you get a fingerprint feature on your phone. Most low-range and middle-range phones now come with it. Just look for one.
- Alternatively, but not as effective as a fingerprint scanner is the face scanner in some new phones like Samsung Galaxy S9 and iPhone x. Your twin can unlock your phone. Also, hats, glasses can cause problems for you the owner of the phone.
- Imperatively, you need to be disciplined, organized, and composed. If you lack any of these, please do not let it be discipline.
- You must not be a criminal. Nothing can save you if you want to prevent snoopers and your occupation is a crime. If you are a cultist, armed robber, rapist, assassin, kidnapper.. do not be deceived, you can only postpone the day of reckoning, you can’t get away with it. Even if your close associates cannot snoop on you, the police can and they will.
- Don’t hide something that can cause permanent injury to your partner when discovered. You know best. My limits here is little flings here and there or platonic relationships. Also, you can jealously guide your business secrets or official documents. Over and above that, count me out.
- Your phone’s alarm is necessary here.
Discouraging snoopers from accessing your phone while you are sleeping
Those who sleep in the same room as you, or on the same bed with you can take undue advantage of you if you are not careful. These tips will teach you the security measures you need to put in place before you sleep with someone you don’t trust with your phone. These set of people fall into different categories. For instance, your wife may want to pick up your phone and use your finger to unlock your phone while you are asleep.
Similarly, your friend might want to do the same for God knows why. Also, your roommates with all his evil intention might want to play funny. A family member living with you can also be a culprit. Now, this is what you need to do before you sleep with or beside such people. It is easier with strangers than with your wife.
Preventing and discouraging your spouse from using your phone while you are asleep or absent.
- Set up your fingerprint or face ID scanner as a matter of necessity. Also, use a very strong password as your backup for the scanner. All devices with a scanner have this feature.
- Secondly, set your alarm to a minimum of 30 minutes before your sleeping time(If you can’t do that, then you need to act whenever you are feeling sleepy). When setting the alarm, do not use any information that will serve as a clue to the wife of your intention. Save the alarm as “use my drug” “pray before sleeping” or anything unrelated to “securing your phone.
- If you always give your wife your password, then you need to change the password every time before bedtime. Be careful as this may boomerang if you are forgetful. Also, make sure you use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols as your password.
- The discouragement will come not only with you changing your password. It will come with you setting your phone screen timeout to “15 seconds” using an 8 to 10 characters long password. Even when your wife knows the password, she can’t enter it all before the screen times out.
- In addition to the above, deem your screen brightness to something that is barely visible even in the darkest of lightening conditions. There is a warning here, please master bling typing before you deem the brightness. Otherwise, skip this part
- Another interesting trick is for you to change your font to a very tiny and difficult to read one. Samsung users can read my post here. Others, need to buy the font or root their device to be able to use it.
- Please disable notifications from your private apps from the home screen of your phone. You can do this under settings. If you don’t do this, anyone can read your emails, SMS, chats, or contacts without having the need to open your phone. You can block notification from individual apps on any android and iOS devices.
- Not the least important. In fact, the most important for owners of any device with fingerprint or face ID is the fact that you need to restart your phone before you sleep. Once you do this, anyone who wishes to access the phone must first enter the backup password. See the picture below.
Discouraging your partner in marriage from snooping your phone- The foolproof method
Unfortunately, the very effective techniques that I provided above might not work for every woman. in fact in Africa, some women are very aggressive while in the western world the women have the upper hand. Now here are the foolproof methods of preventing and ultimately discourage your spouse from prying into your phone’s contents. Make sure you go with the method that is most suitable for you.
- Don’t let him or her be suspicious that you are hiding something. It is very easy to get curious about your partner when all of a sudden he or she starts acting funny. For example, he/she stops receiving calls beside you, he stops chatting beside you. To worsen the situation, he or she has reduced the attention he is giving to you. Women are no fools, neither are men. The fact that she doesn’t talk doesn’t mean she is happy. Tell your distractors to take a chill pill when you are with your woman/man. Read and listen to her/his body language. When she needs you, attend and she will never think of going through your phone in your absence
- Hide the individual app. I always hide my Banking app on my personal phone. I display it with the help of a special code. There is much software that can do this on Android. You will have to buy similar software for an iPhone or a windows mobile. In addition, Nova launcher on Android has the feature to hide individual apps.
Finally, newer Samsung comes with a secure folder where you can hide a lot of apps. There are two disadvantages to using this method. 1. you can forget to hide the app and 2. if you format your phone without first revealing the files and backing them up manually, you will lose the hidden files. By my rating, I give this 7/10 in terms of convenience. I give it 10/10 when used consistently security-wise.
- Furthermore, the most reliable method of getting away from snoopers is to use selective deletion and wiping of the data of sensitive apps. For example, instead of you deleting all the chats between you and a particular contact(which may arouse suspicion), why not select and delete just the implicating chats?. Delete both chats and meat thoroughly.
- Also, be mindful of the name by which you save any contact on your phone that you don’t want your spouse to know about.
- If possible, talk to those contacts of your never to call you at certain periods.
- Still on managing chats and calls from contacts. If you have a particular content that you are having an amorous relationship with. Who always sends you messages or put a call through. Please block such individuals and unblock him or her only when you are available to communicate.
- Block facebook contacts that might arouse your partner’s suspicion.
- Uninstall your Facebook messenger if you don’t need it. If you do, always force close and clear it’s data cache whenever you feel you can be snooped.
- Download and install a good antitheft app. Some of them as re so good that they will attempt to capture the picture of anyone who tries to unlock your phone. Also, they can send activities logs of the intruder.
- Don’t forget to delete from your call logs, the number of the contact you don’t want your spouse to have a piece of knowledge about. Delete the same from your WhatsApp or similar VOIP logs. Apply the same technique to SMS exchanges.
- When you are entering your password, be careful. your partner might grab it without asking you. That is why I said you should change it as frequently as possible earlier.
PREVENTING & DISCOURAGING THOSE WHO WANT TO ACCESS YOUR PHONE IN OTHER TO USE IT TO HARM YOU
All the points mentioned above are applicable to anyone. The only addition that I would like to make here is as follows.
- If you are with someone you don’t trust, please don’t leave your phone behind
- When you need to sleep in the same room with a sneaky person, change your password and restart your phone.
- Also, set a password on boot where applicable. This will prevent the phone from booting to the menu without first entering the password.
- Use a two-factor authentication security measure for all your emails and bank accounts. Make you are not doing it on the same phone you use in running the applications.
- Finally, always enable your GPS and sign in to “find my mobile” on your phone. I don’t know if non-brand names company has this feature. I am sure of Samsung, Apple, Sony, HtC, Huawei, and others.
I am not preaching infidelity neither am I in support of such. I stand for equity, justice and trust. Please do not cheat on your spouse they are your better halves. Also, friends and family, don’t hatch evil against one another. Finally, business partners should abide by the guiding principles of your business contracts. I am all against snooping and that is why I have come up with this compilation that when applied, can not only prevent and reduce it but also discourage it. I love a good relationship and I am in one myself. However, we should not throw decorum and common sense into the wind.
This write-up has provided a lot of tips that can save you and your partner from disasters associated with snooping into each other’s phones. Also, you now know how to protect yourself against those who want to gain access to your phone for all the evil intentions. I will like to quickly add that mutual trust is the ultimate key to a successful relationship. When the issue of trust arises, sort it out amicably through communication.
Never allow your relationship to degenerate to the level of snooping on each other. However, if you must prevent and discourage snoopers, use the combinations of the techniques that suit your situation. For example, if you already gave your wife your password willingly, you must use the change-the=password and restart the phone tactics. You can only use the hide certain apps and files and delete sensitive information techniques. If your wife is, however, the type that fears you a lot(this is not a good thing, you should love and respect each other not fear each other). then you can change your password and restart your phone. You sure will be safe.
For those using a phone that doesn’t come with a fingerprint scanner, make use of the strongest password possible and master it. If you are dealing with a snooping friend or family, frequent change of your password and restarting your phone before sleeping will do.
Finally, if the snooping is coming from the office. Get a spy app or an anti-theft app installed on your phone. Also, make sure you have two-factor authentication enabled. If this post is worth the while, please share it.
Further reading: Some relationship experts explain why snooping is bad