This post was last updated on September 10th, 2020 at 06:05 pm
Apparently, Java apps are not as popular as in the days where almost everyone was using the Nokia s40 and Symbian phones. However, you will still find this article useful in the sense that it teaches how to mod opera mini and other java apps easily and in the comfort of your home without being a programmer or app developer.
Often at times, you see some opera mini .jar with different kinds of customizations and designs. You keep wondering how this is done. Let me tell you that you can even use your own pictures on the splash screen. In addition, you can also edit opera mini and input your own tweak or server. you can change the color of your opera mini loading bar, skins e.t.c. Needless to say that you can as well change your user agents from this.
Required Files: How to Mod Opera Mini and other Java Apps:
How to Modify/Customize Opera 2.06, 3.10 and 4.2
- First off, Now install the above software into your computer.
- Next, right-click on your raw opera mini file on your computer then choose open with WinRAR,
- Once all the embedded files are displayed, you need to open the first folder which is “Meta.mf” then drag out the meta.mf file that is inside the folder to somewhere on your desktop
- Now, right-click on the meta. mf file and choose edit with notepad++ and edit whatever you feel like editing there. But be careful.
The Following Tips will Serve as a Guide for you so as to limit your chances of rendering your App Invalid
I hereby provide you with the format of how I did mine so that you won’t make a mistake
- MIDlet-Info-URL: http://lemmymorgan.com/ (you can use any URL here)
- MIDlet-Vendor: LeMmY MORGAN SoFtWaReS (use any name)
- MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.0
- MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0
- MIDlet-Icon: /icon.png
- MIDletX-No-Command: True
- Background: True
- FlipInsensitive: True
- Content-Folder: Applications
- MIDlet-Description: LeMmY28 OpErA mod v.2.06
- Operette-UA: lemmy28’s opera mod v2.06(lemmy morgansoft, Phones;Nokia N95_8GB $ 6120c)
- MIDlet-Name: LeMmY28 OpErA MoD SeRiEs
- MIDlet-1: MoRgAn’s opera, /icon.png, Browser
- MIDlet-Version: 2.06
How to Change the Icon of Opera Mini to Your Custom Image
Interestingly, you can also change the icon of the opera mini to your picture.
- To do this, drag out the i.png that is inside the extracted files and replace it with your own i.png. You must use the exact size as the original. To resize, you can use any picture editor or download FastStone image resize, paint.net. Use either of these to resize your image to about 40*40 pixels
How to Edit The Default User-Agent of Java Handler Application
-the user agent of all handlers are located in a file called handler ui.class once you open with WinRAR and notepad you will find it there rename it to your choice but be careful if you want a custom inbuilt cheat in your handlers then do this inside your meta.mf you still remember that don’t you.now have a pleasant cr4king experience here
How to Change the Splash Screen Image in Operamini 4.2 and Other Java Apps
The following are needed to customize Operamini 4.2: fresh unmodded
- OperaMini 4.x to be modified
- HxD hex editor
- WinRAR for extracting a.class, f.class and v file
- pngout.exe or PNGGAUNTLET( download link already provided above)
- The Splash image in .png format
How to Embed the Skin on opera mini vfile:
- Open v file and the skin file in HxD hex editor.
- Highlight all the contents of the skin file and copy it. You may press Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C. Take note of the value in the Length indicator. This is the filesize of the skin in hexadecimal.
- Goto the v file tab and press Ctrl+F. Search for “png” text string.
- Highlight the bytes starting from 89 50 4E 47 0D 0A 1A or the address 00001DA0 x 0E until the Lenght indicator reaches C7C.
- Press Ctrl+V to embed the skin image on v file. Now we’re ready to change those addresses embedded in the v file. Change only the addresses enclosed with the blue boxes. These addresses are for unmodded vfile and often times changes if modifications were already done on the v file.
- Open the scientific calculator and put it in hex mode. If the filesize of the skin in hex is greater than C7C then subtract C7C from the filesize of the skin. If the filesize of the skin is less than C7C then subtract the filesize of the skin from C7C. Take note of the answer. Add the answer in procedure 6 to the address enclosed in a box in procedure 5. Change them accordingly to the result of adding or subtracting those embedded addresses
- Now, Save vfile and exit HxD hex editor.
- Next, open opera mini 4.2 with WinRAR and drag the v file from the desktop to operamini.jar.
- Click Ok and close WinRAR.
- Finally, install your modified Operamini.jar on your phone or use microemulator on your computer to test your work. You will now notice you have a new splash screen
How to Change the Welcome Page OF Opera Mini
- First, we need a webpage address. For this guide, I will be using the address
“http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/firefox.html” as my welcome page.
- Open the v file with HxD editor. Click the Edit menu then click on Replace. In the Search box, type in “http://www.operamini.com/firsttime/4.2/” and at the Replace with box, type in the URL of your welcome screen. Click OK.
- Now, highlight all the text that is red color and take note of the Length value. In the screenshot, I got a 31 hex.
- Change the hex value of the character just before “HTTP” to the of length in procedure 3.
- Now we are done with editing the URL of the welcome screen. The next thing to do is to change the embedded addresses on the v file. Now, If the length value obtained in procedure 3 is equal to 27 hex, then proceed to the next procedure. If the length value obtained in procedure 3 is greater than 27 hex, then subtract 27 hex from the length and add the answer to each of the boxed addresses. If the length value obtained in procedure 3 is less than 27 hex, then subtract it from 27 hex and subtract the answer to each of the boxed addresses.
- Lastly, save the v file and exit HxD.
- You can now test your mod.
How to Edit the Server of OperaMini 4.x
1. Open HxDSetupEN.zip and double click Setup.exe to install HxD hex editor.
2. Open operamini…jar with WinRAR and drag the a.class file into the desktop. Minimize WinRAR and don’t close it.
3. Double click HxD icon to launch the hex editor and open a.class file in it.
4. After opening a.class, click the Search menu and then click Replace.
5. Type-in the “http://server4.operamini.com:80/” in the Search for text box and the server that you want in the Replace with: text box. Then, click OK.
6. Highlight the text that is red in color and take note of the value of Length: at the bottom.
In my screenshot, the Length is equal to 29.
7. Highlight the character before “HTTP”.. and goto Edit menu then clicks Fill Selection…
8. Type-in the Hex-values text box the value of the Length in procedure 6 and click OK.
9. Save the changes you made in a.class and close HxD.
10. Drag a.class back to WinRAR and click OK to save your work.
11. Finally, close WinRAR and install your modified Operamini…jar on your phone to test.
How to Change the Startup Loading Bar and Background Color
1. Open pixelformer and choose a color you want for the loading bar and background. Take note of its hex value.
2. Open f.class with HxD hex editor.
3. Find and replace the hex values AC 16 14 and FF FF FF with any hex color you want. AC 16 14 for the loading bar and FF FF FF for the background color.
4. Save f.class and drag it back to opera mini.
5. Test your work on your phone or Kemulator. (IT IS A VERY NICE SOFTWARE THAT enables YOU RUN YOUR PHONE JAVA APP ON PC)
Steps to Edit the Splash Screen with Limit
- Download pngout.rar for windows and extract it to your desktop.
- Open mspaint and create a new file. Set the size to 98 x 24 pixels. You can make the size of the image bigger or smaller as long as it will not exceed 722 bytes after saving it.
- Place anything you want on the canvas.
- Click File then Save. At the File name text box type-in splash, at the Save in choose Desktop, and at the Save as type choose 24 Color Bitmap. You can choose 256 Color Bitmap or 16 Color Bitmap if the filesize is way far beyond 722 bytes.
- Click Save and exit MSPaint.
- Open the RUN at the start menu and type cmd then press Enter. At the command tool, type “cd desktop” and press Enter. After that type-in “pngout splash.bmp splash.png” and press Enter. Exit the command tool. Check if the saved file doesn’t exceed 722 bytes and continues. If not try reducing the color bitmap or resize the image size.
- Open opera mini 4.2 with WinRAR and drag the v file on the desktop.
- Launch HxD hex editor and open the v and splash.png file.
- At the splash.png, go to the end of the file and add type 00 hex until the Offset indicator at the bottom reaches 2D2. After that, press Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C to copy it.
- Goto the v file tab and press Ctrl+F. Search for “png” text string. After that press F3.
- Highlight the bytes starting from 89 50 4E 47 0D 0A 1A or the address 00002A20 x 0A until the Length indicator reaches 2D2.
- Press Ctrl+V. Save v file and exit HxD editor.
- Open opera mini 4.2 with WinRAR and drag the v file from the desktop to operamini…jar.
- Click Ok and close WinRAR.
- Finally, install your modified Operamini…jar on your phone or use microemulator on your computer to test your work.
BOTTOM LINE IS DAT TO OPTIMIZE I MEAN DECREASE THE SIZE OF YOUR IMAGE USING PNGOUT JUST DRAG AND DROP IT ON THE .EXE ICON OF PNG OUT ON YOUR DESKTOP THAT IS ALL
How you to Change Opera Mini 4.2: Skin
- Right-click on any of the skin and save it as s.png on your desktop. Then, open it on Microsoft paint or paint.net or pixelformer (you can get most of this in the download section.
I have uploaded the following opera mini skins to the uploads
- Download opera skins from my link above or download here: operaskins.zip
- In MSPaint, change anything you want except the size of the image.
- Save the changes you made as “s.png” and close MSPaint.
- Open opera mini 4.2 with WinRAR and drag s.png on it.
- Click Ok and close WinRAR.
- Finally, install your modified operamini.jar on your phone or use microemulator on your computer to test your work.