I shall be sharing with you how to convert .jar into blackberry installation file types such as cod and alx. After reading this tutorial, you will be able to convert any valid .jar or .jad files to .cod or .alx blackberry OS 7, 8 file extension. alx and cod files are the only file extensions recognized by Blackberry OS 5, 6,7 and 8. In other words, most blackberry phone will not install any third party software that does not have a .alx extension. so this post will guide you through how you can convert your downloaded java files.
Requirements to convert .jar into blackberry installation file extensions
In my package above everything you need is included just as shown in the screenshot below. The followings are the steps you can follow to convert your official/signed java files into alx/cod:
- First step: Download Blackberry Java development (JDE) Here
- lemmymorgan.com_Jar 2 ALX
- make sure all the .jar files you want to convert is in the same directory/folder.
- Extract the content of the files you have downloaded above.
- Open the folder you just extracted and navigate to the JADMaker folder
- Next, double click JADMaker.exe while Leaving the JadMaker 1.15 program running in the background.
- Now make sure you have downloaded and installed Blackberry JDE From www.blackberry.com in my link above.
- Double check to ensure that the .jar file you want to convert does not have spaces in the name
- Also, whatever Jar Files you’re trying to convert should be placed in the “jar files” folder which is in the folder you extracted to your desktop.
- copy and paste your jar files, or download your jar files into that folder.
- After you placed the jar files in the “jar files” folder, drag the
jar files one by one, onto the window of the JADMaker 1.15 program you
left running. This will create the JAD file needed for conversion
- choose the directory you want to use to save your converted files I mean these are the files you will upload to your blackberry device through blackberry desktop manager.
- Make sure you do not choose the same directory you choose for the original java file or else conversion will not complete
- When you are asked if you would like to convert any more files, click no and the files will be converted. The finished COD and ALX files will be saved in the folder you picked to save into.
Congratulations you have successfully converted your third party .jar file that your blackberry smartphone could not install to .alx file which your blackberry can install. what you have to do next is to visit my article here on three wonderful ways on how to install third party applications on your Blackberry Smartphone
If you think this article has helped you, then don’t hesitate to share and invite your friends