Many people who buy a computer will wonder which kind of heat dissipation/cooling technology was installed on their computer. Broadly speaking, we have two types of computer cooling which are: air-cooled or water-cooled computers. We are addressing computer water cooling vs air cooling context. By extension, I will be telling you how to choose air-cooling and water-cooling. computer water cooling vs air cooling.
Computer Water Cooling Vs Air Cooling: Advantages of Water Cooling
- To start with, Water cooling offers convenient installation, the water cooling is installed directly across the diagonal corners, and the installation is very convenient.
- It does not take up space, the water cooling takes up a small space and does not occupy too much space in the chassis.
- Water cooling will not affect the chassis structure. If air cooling is installed, the chassis structure must be planned and arranged. In other words, it will be modified to accommodate accessories. Formally, water cooling does not take up space, so it can save a lot of space. Part of the air cooling will block the memory Category.
Disadvantages of Computer Water Cooling System
- There is a lack of quality of low-end products. Water cooling less than $30 is basically rubbish. Basically, the effect is not as good as the air cooling of $20. Summarily, good water cooling is comparatively expensive. Suffice to say, cheap water cooling is really not as good as their air-cooling counterparts.
- Safety hazards, that is, the risk of liquid leakage. The working principle of water cooling is that the water cooling liquid circulates to absorb heat. Once this liquid leaks, the entire host may be scrapped due to liquid leakage. Big-brand water-cooling basically does not have this problem, and low-priced miscellaneous brands are really not guaranteed. Even if some profiteers sell second-hand refills, the hidden danger is even higher. Now, most of the water cooling will not leak, but if you choose a cheap off-brand water cooling or second-hand water cooling, then you have to consider it.
- Life-span issues. The air-cooled fan has reached the end of its life. If you replace it with a new fan, it’s OK.
Advantages of Air Cooling on Computers
- First, the price is convenient and cheaper.
- Secondly, there are no safety hazards.
- The third is that the life limit is reached and the fan can be replaced.
- Fourth, the low price is particularly cost-effective.
- Firstly, air-cooling technology takes up more space on the computer.