I welcome you all to another insightful post on lemmymorgan.com. Today, due to popular demand, i shall be giving you all the necessary tips that will guide you to buy satellite tv decoders, components or accessories without you falling victims of a con artist. The fact that i have stopped selling satellite tv decoders or subscriptions does not mean others are not selling. As someone who is meticulous with spending, I don’t want you to be pennywise pound foolish. Therefore, learn how to buy satellite TV products without being scammed.
When you are buying standalone satellite receivers or components, you can easily buy what you never intend buying especially if you patronized the wrong seller. For example, if I meet a seller who only sells Autoroll decoders and I simply need a decoder that can enable me to watch startimes, I need a seller who either sells startimes dealers or sells startimes cccam accounts.
If this seller is bent on selling only what he has in stock, it means you will lose more than you will gain.
Especially relevant: IPTV and its legality concerns
Where to Buy Satellite TV Accessories/Components Without being Scammed
When I say satellite TV components, I mean every piece of hardware that makes up satellite tv minus the receiver. In other words, the items that fall into this category include but not limited to the followings:
- Satellite TV dishes/antennas
- LNBfs, coaxial cables, F-connectors DiSEqC switches
- Some advanced tools such as: Satfinders, modulators, diplexers, combiners and so on.
Where to Buy Satellite Accessories from in Africa/MENA?
I would start by saying I am my number customer. If you are easily accessible to me, you can patronize me for any high-end scarce satellite TV accessories. Let me break this down as follows:
- If you are in Nigeria or Ghana and you need the best quality LNBfs such as technomate, Inverto, you can buy same from me. Similarly, if you are in other regions in Africa and you can pay for the waybill, you can also contact me so that we can work things out.
- For those who cannot buy directly from me due to the distance, then you can search for the items on alibaba.com, www.aliexpress.com, ebay.com, or Amazon.com.
- Finally, for those in Nigeria, you can also look up some of these items on Jiji.ng or jumia.ng.
To put things in perspective, for all non-pirated satellite tv products and subscriptions, you can contact me and i will help you acquire them.
Buy Satellite TV Products Without being scammed: Official decoders
Buying a satellite tv package from a PayTv company is a straightforward process. The first step you need to take is to locate the address or website of the pay-TV company you are interested in. If you are in Africa, this post of mine on how to choose the best paytv company would be of help.
Secondly, you need to determine the jurisdiction of the PayTV company. That is the areas where it has the legal rights to operating within your region/territory. Knowing this will prevent you from buying a grey-marked decoder(grey-marked decoders are official decoders bought for use outside the official area of coverage.
I will tag grey-mark decoders as piracy because it’s not allowed by law outside its specified footprint. Example of grey-mark decoders is; beIN decoders in Nigeria, Dstv Nigeria decoder in UAE, canal decoder in Nigeria or any decoder that you are using outside its original specified area of coverage.
Summarily, with official pay-tv decoders within the specified territory, you have zero chance of getting scammed.
Where to buy Satellite TV IKS/SKS Receivers Without Being Scammed
Now, this is the tricky aspect of this post. IKS means internet keys sharing and it is largely regarded as broadcast piracy. Similarly, SKS stands for satellite keys sharing and it is becoming rapidly obsolete. popular decoders regarded as iks and sks combo includes t-link, tiger star, icone decoders, hellobox decoders e.t.c
All IKS decoders come as free-to-air by default. Aside from this, most of them also have built-in accounts that can be used to decrypt scrambled premium channels. If you want to learn more about cardsharing/IKS accounts, read my article here. You can buy your standalone FTA receivers(such as strong, dreambox, openbox), IKS decoders, iks hybrid decoders(such as tiger t3000, icone plus decoders and IPTV boxes from the following sources.
People and Organizations that sell FTA, IKS and IPTV Decoders
- First off, Acquaint yourself with your local satellite installer or dealer. These are the people nearest to you. However, if you are not discreet, they may not give you audience. How good you are with keeping secrets will determine if your local dealer will sell receiver that is capable of bypassing the payment of PayTV subscription to you or not.
- Secondly, If you have no access to any installer or dealer who can trust you, then your other option is to buy online. Buying online is divided into two 1. you can buy from the manufacturer’s website if they have one just like(hellobox/ancloud/anmax). Similarly, GTmedia and Freesat decoders can be gotten here. iptv hybrud6. Tiger 3000 or icone, you need to not go through anyone. It’s on Alibaba, aliexpress or amazon. Therefore, save and get this to be 100% safe. For genuine strong decoders,(note: strong decoders can now be easily converted to iks or iptv decoders). buy from their authorized agents here.
- Furthermore, to buy icone plus decoders series: visit their official website, buy on eBay, get it on amazon.co.uk, try buying from aliexpress or source it locally from your installer. Another option is jiji.ng for Nigerians. but be careful.
- For starsat extreme search amazon or contact local supplier.
- For those who would prefer tigerstar decoders especially t3000 series. I have a piece of bad news for you, you can’t get to buy it on amazon, ebay. However, you can buy it online or through your local dealer.
- Summarily, for any decoder that is designed to open encrypted channels unofficially, first try searching for the name on reputable sites, if not available, you can search through the comment section of relevant posts on www.lemmymorgan.com.
Where to buy Renewal Subscription for IKS or IPTV Set-top-boxes
Buying the hardware first time is not as difficult as renewing them. If you buy an icone iron pro or plus decoder, then you are in luck as it has a lifetime auto-renewable account. Similarly, if you buy a tiger star decoder that comes with funcam, apollo IPTV, gshare account or forever account, you can easily renew the subscription yourself online. learn how here.
By contrast, most decoders cannot be renewed easily by the end-user as you need to go through a reseller. in such cases, you will need to locate an installer or dealer who can help you. Some manufacturers have a website where you can buy their boxes as well as the accounts. This makes things easier but the majority don’t have such sites. IN the next category, i would teach you how to buy satellite TV products without being scammed.
How to buy from Individuals Either offline or online Without being Scammed
Surprisingly, I bought my first GPRS adapter online from a total stranger. I have acquired a lot of things online and I hardly ever get scammed. I will share my secrets with you which you can apply when making online purchases. You may read up the full guide here. Not everyone is comfortable with buying things online for one reason or the other. In fact, the time-lapse is a big militating factor.
Guiding Principles When Buying Satellite TV online from Strangers
- Research the decoder or account you want to buy: The greatest mistake you can make is not to know what you are buying. Read about the product, if possible visit someone who owns one.
- When the satellite tv decoder is very expensive, try and buy it only from trusted sources such as reputable online market places e.g ebay, amazon, jumia, aliexpress or an installer that you know. I wouldn’t attempt to buy tiger t3000 or t8 HD from a total stranger. However, i can risk buying tiger m6 from a stranger. the former cost around 40,000 and above while the latter can go for as low as 6000.
- Don’t swallow the bait. I mean don’t be greedy. Dongle business is like a black market as it is shrouded in secrecy. Those involved in it are discreet. In fact, the first red flag is to avoid those who make so much noise and promise to sell too cheap. I have a compilation on how satellite tv products and accessories can be safely purchased from or through individuals. A genuine seller should be wary of strange buyers as well. so watch out for lousy sellers.
- I try as much as possible to delete scam comments and post from this site. You can search through the comment section of our monthly satellite updates for genuine sellers. This is not a green light from me as you are still doing this at your own risk. You can ask me about them in the general terms, however, if your interest is simply in iks decoders, am sorry i can’t help you.
- When buying from individuals, buy from online freelance sellers/bloggers with reputation. Immediately you start a conversation with such a seller, please do your solo profiling of him or her. If he has scammed someone, chances are that his name would be somewhere. I will advise you search nairaland.com for names of anyone you want to transact with. I am certain that if he is dubious, many people would have reported him.
In addition, search for social media presence.
- Also, politely ask him provocative questions such as are you for real? how am i sure that you won’t scam me?, when will these services be blocked? If in his response, he remains ridiculously calm and sugar-coats all his responses to you, them think twice. A real guy would rather respond firmly and add the clause “use while it last”
- Don’t ignore the soothing of effective after-sale services. A product is as good as its producer’s customer service.
- if something is too good to be true, then it probably is. Do not fall for a cheap scam. Please endeavour to compare prices. if Mr a is selling for 2k and Mr B sells for 300h. please don’t jump head-on into the sea of mr b. Find out why the difference in the price is so huge.
If you want anything that doesn’t circumvent paytv subscription out of the box, please you can always patronize Lemmy morgan. Use the following medium email: “info @ lemmymorgan.com“, contact page. For the sake of emphasis, only for satellite receivers or satellite components that don’t open pirated contents out of the box.