This post was last updated on January 5th, 2021 at 09:33 am
VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol, which refers to the technology that lets users make and receive phone calls over the internet in real-time. It involves a set of protocols working together to deliver internet telephone functions similar to the traditional phone lines. The difference between them is that VoIP phone service provides you with flexibility and mobility that is not possible using the traditional phone systems. Anyone can use Voice over IP from anywhere around the world through their laptops or smartphones.
The use of VoIP service is increasing in the current times. Many businesses as well as households have made the switch from traditional phone systems to VoIP service. It is because it is a more convenient and affordable option to connect with colleagues or loved ones. The increasing demand for this service is bringing out a variety of service providers to select from. In this article, you will find a thorough review of one of the popular VoIP service providers named Axvoice. We hope that by the end of this review, you would find it easier to decide if it is a good choice for your business or household or not.
What features does Axvoice offer?
Axvoice aims to provide its users with over 30 features at affordable rates. Some of those include:
- Caller ID with a name: The caller ID number feature shows you the number for every incoming call that you take. You can also find out who is calling you with the Caller ID name so that you do not get surprised while receiving calls from numbers that you have not saved.
- Enhanced voicemail: This feature lets you access your voicemail from anywhere and anytime by using any web browser-based device. It will also provide you with email notifications every time you receive a voicemail. You can save unlimited voicemails with Axvoice, and access them from your inbox.
- Enhanced call-forwarding: Using this feature, you can save up on the cost of expending resources on a traditional landline. If you are unable to take calls from your telephone number, you can forward it to another landline or cell phone by using the immediate call-forwarding option. You can also schedule the phone calls to get forwarded to pre-defined numbers if you are away for a longer period.
- Simultaneous ring: Businesses who rely on getting calls from their clients might fear missing out on important client calls. This feature allows all the incoming calls to simultaneously ring on the pre-specified numbers so that you can pick your business calls from anywhere, using your home phone or your cell phone.
- Failover: In case your IP phone dies, this feature lets you pick up your VoIP phone calls from your cell phone. All you have to do is go to the configuration page on your Axvoice online control panel and enable the failover feature.
- Do Not Disturb: This feature lets you ignore any incoming calls on your VoIP line within a predefined time bracket and predefined days. The phone would ring, but you would not get disturbed by its notification sounds. You can also set the DND feature on auto-repeat on weekends or after work hours on the weekdays so that you do not have to set it up every time.
- Online account management: Using this feature, you can manage your VoIP phone even without the phone. You can control the settings of your phone using your Axvoice web account. All you have to do is sign into your Axvoice dashboard using the login and password that is provided to you.
- View call logs: This feature allows you to view your call logs using your online web account. By signing into your Axvoice control panel, you can view your call logs for all incoming, outgoing, and missed calls. There are no limits on the number of call logs that can get saved on your Axvoice VoIP phone.
What kind of outbound call features does Axvoice offer?
- Caller ID Blocking: If you want to keep your home or business number discrete, you can use this feature to block your caller ID from showing up on others’ phones.
- Three-way calling: You can add a participant in an ongoing call and can even drop the phone call without disconnecting with the original caller.
- Music on hold: This feature lets you put your callers on hold while keeping them engage with Axvoice music during their waiting time.
- International call blocking: If you want to avoid paying anything above your Axvoice plan, you can use this feature to block outgoing calls to destinations outside the United States and Canada.
- Alternate caller ID: This feature allows you to use multiple phone lines at the price of one. You can set up any number linked to your account to show up on your outbound calls.
Why would Axvoice be a smart choice for you?
- It is the most affordable VoIP service provider in the United States and Canada.
- It offers free unlimited in-network calling with every Axvoice Residential or Business VoIP plan.
- It offers free unlimited international and off-network calls with its Unlimited plans.
- It offers online account management that many rival service providers do not.
- 15-day money-back guarantee, so you can try out the service before investing in a plan.
- It claims to provide crystal-clear voice quality that has been validated by customer reviews as well.
- Allows you to keep your current number if you already have a VoIP phone number. It will save you the hassle of changing numbers and informing your clients about the change.
- Their 24/7 live chat customer support is available to help you out anytime that you get stuck using their service.
How much does the Axvoice VoIP phone service cost?
Axvoice is currently offering two kinds of plans; the Residential Plans and the Business Plans.
- Monthly Plan: USD 4.99 per month.
- Blow Out Deal: USD 99 per year.
- Flexible Yearly Plan: USD 10.99 per month.
- The Small Business VoIP Plan includes 1500 outgoing minutes, free in-network calling, and free equipment. The one-month plan costs USD 39.99 per month. The flexible Yearly Plan costs USD 29.99 per month.
- Small Business Hosted PBX Phone System includes 200 outgoing minutes, free in-network calling, and free equipment. It costs USD 14.99 per month.
To get Axvoice, what are the prerequisites needed for installation?
Axvoice is very simple to install, setup, and use. You can start making calls from your VoIP phone instantly. Once it gets set up, you do not need to maintain it, so only a one-time effort is required. All you need to get started smoothly are:
- A high-speed internet connection.
- A spare ethernet port on your router would be required to connect the Axvoice Phone Adapter to use the internet on your computer and the Axvoice Internet Phone service at the same time.
- A smartphone
- A US/Canada credit or debit card.
Is VoIP phone service the right solution for your business or home?
While choosing between traditional phone systems and VoIP phone services, there are a few factors that you should keep in mind to be sure that it is the right solution for you. The downsides associated with using VoIP phone service include:
- A reliable internet connection is required. Your VoIP is only as efficient as your internet connection. If your internet service provider is not reliable, and your bandwidth is low, then VoIP might not be the right choice for you. Having a connection that keeps getting disrupted might cause more frustration than convenience to you.
- Limited location tracking or emergency calls: Due to VoIP’s accessibility and portability, it gets difficult for third parties to pinpoint where a call originates. The phone calls come from an IP address with no GPS data information to track. While most callers do not need this information, it might create issues for emergency calling services like 911.