We are not here to discuss how to continue using WhatsApp on a blackberry 10 phone as that is a very simple fix that requires no special skills. For you to continue using WhatsApp on a BB10 phone, just download the latest version of WhatsApp for android from WhatsApp official sites and you are good to go. Today, we are going to rather discuss Android WhatsApp BB10 file sharing problem. There have been complaints of error message trying to share media from a user using android WhatsApp on a BB10 phone. For the records, the list of BB10 devices includes Z3, Z10, Z30, BB Classic, Blackberry passport, Q5, and Q10
- How to extend the 30 seconds limit for WhatsApp status videos
- Mega WhatsApp tricks that you can’t get elsewhere
METHOD – 1 Solving WhatsApp media sharing problems with WhatsFixer
This first fix works only with the official WhatsApp for Android. It doesn’t work for modded WhatsApp. Many blackberry 10 users have moved onto using the Android version of WhatsApp on their BlackBerry 10 smartphones. The move is not without some issues, however, key among them being the problems that arise when trying to send media files. Now though, just like WAA Fixer before it, WhatsFixer has been released for BlackBerry 10 and fixes to share files in the Android WhatsApp app.
All it really requires is downloading to an SD Card, downloading WhatsFixer from BlackBerry World and running the app. After that, you’ll be able to send media files through the Android version of WhatsApp on BlackBerry 10 more reliably than before.
Android WhatsApp BB10 file sharing problem fix via WhatsFixer
- You need a microSD card
- Download WhatsFixer from blackberry world
- Also, you need to download Official Android WhatsApp here
- Install WhatsApp for Android to your blackberry 10 device on your memory card (and make sure you grant all permissions while installing it). But, don’t open it
- Next, install WhatsFixer also on your memory card and don’t open it as well.
- Put your phone into offline mode to prevent distractions.
- The next step is for you to “force close your WhatsApp for android from device monitor. To do this, go to Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor > WhatsApp and click the blue ‘Close’ key on the bottom of the screen. This should close the WhatsApp app (Don’t open WhatsApp until you finish with this fix!)
- You can now lauch WhatsFixer. Once you launch it, swipe left to access the menu as shown below.
- Now, press the “Fix WhatsApp(Android) button
- Close(not forced close) the WhatsFixer app and go and launch your Whatsapp Android. It will work perfectly. And you will be able to send and receive media files . There are some limitations with this fix but they are all very negligible. These limitations are: you can receive gif, but you can’t send. also, you can’t use your camera from within the WhatsApp. But you can send and receive videos, photos, files and audio
METHOD – 2 Android WhatsApp BB10 file sharing problem solved with BG-Shell
This second trick is longer than the first and it requires some effort. However, this fix works or all versions of WhatsApp be it modded or official.
Requirements and warning!!
- Make sure you first make a backup of your WhatsApp chats to a safe place.
- Like the one before this, you need a microSD card for this to work.
- As opposed to using WhatsFIxer, you will need BG-Shell instead. Download BG-Shell from this link
- Now download official WhatsApp from this link, GBWhatsApp here or WhatsApp plus here. Note: If you would rather use GBWhatsApp, then the folders name must
Turning off the phone or uninstalling or updating the app ?doesn’t remove this fix.
all features including voice call and video call works fine.
This fix also works for GBWhatsApp or WhatsAppplus
By changing the name of destination folder in the SD card from ‘WhatsApp’ to any named folder like ‘GBWhatsApp’
NOW THE STEPS
Go to microSD card location from File manager app and create a new folder named: (keep the “A” capital)
Force close the WhatsApp which is currently running on your BB10. You can follow the mentioned below:
Got to Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor > WhatsApp and click the blue ‘Close’ key on the bottom of the screen. This should close the WhatsApp app (Don’t open WhatsApp until you finish with this fix!)
– Use File Manager app: Go to the below-mentioned path and find the folder by name ‘WhatsApp’.
– Then ‘Move’ (not ‘Copy’) the folder to the newly created folder Android on your external microSD card.
like cd and /accounts
Open BG Shell Plus app and enter the below mentioned commands one by one:
Here you will see the path address for BG Shell Plus folder. You need to change it.
$ cd /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android
Check the directory once again:
If you see /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android, then run the last command:
$ ln -s external_sd/Android/WhatsApp WhatsApp
For those who would rather install GBWhatsapp you must type this command instead :
$ ln -s external_sd/Android/GBWhatsApp GBWhatsApp