Research study shows that 38% of consumers have Amazon as their preferred search platform, with only about 40% of consumers in a study published in April 2021 by management and research institute SPJIMR on “Where Do They Search for Products”. Which search engines do users prefer. Today, we present to you amazon vs google which is the better product search platform for users? Will amazon overtake google in product shopping searches in the future?
The study pointed out that while Google was able to provide all possible information about search categories and brands, it was too broad.
On the other hand, Amazon, whose search is more focused on product information, can enhance the customer experience. This makes Amazon the advertising choice for most merchants and manufacturers, especially when 46.7% of product searches come from Amazon and 34.6% from Google.
Amazon has the following Advantages Over Google When it comes to Product Searches:
- In this era of information explosion, Amazon is more suitable for product search because it simplifies the search process by providing information that best matches individual needs and the products and brands being searched for.
- Amazon’s algorithms can track a person’s past search history and provide the most relevant search options.
- One can’t overemphasize this benefit. I mean the reviews from other customers are helpful in evaluating various options.
- Amazon also recommends various shopping options to give buyers more possibilities.
In addition, more advertisers are now advertising on Amazon, and the reasons for sellers to switch to Amazon include:
- Amazon only needs to optimize for the keyword title related to the name of the product sold, while Google needs the title and tags to optimize for search.
- Also, Amazon is like a multi-brand outlet. The search ranking algorithm is simpler than Google’s. Google’s algorithm depends on the choice of keywords and the investment in competition.
- Amazon has certain support for sellers with good performance, fewer returns, and more sales. If the product is new, you can choose to invest in Amazon PPC (pay-per-click) or third-party advertising to increase traffic.
Amazon Vs Google which is the Better Product search Platform
While Google has nearly 73% of the global search ad share, Amazon has only 13%.
However, this shift in consumer and advertising behavior worries Google, which is competing fiercely with Amazon on product-shopping searches.
Google is integrating its search, and if someone searches Google for an item of clothing, it will now show results for videos with reviews on YouTube, blogs, and other shopping sites.
It is doing enough to bring more sellers and products to its platform, making it a more convenient shopping search platform.
Let’s fold our hands and look on to see whether Amazon will take over Google in the shopping search platform and become the world’s largest product search site.
It will ultimately be up to the consumer, who will choose the source of information that will be most helpful to their purchasing decision.